You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Being Pushed Awake

Real Ghost Stories

Being Pushed Awake

 

I think I'm writing this because I need some help with the current situation I'm living in. It sounds crazy to even write this but I think a demon of some sort is pestering me. I haven't seen anything yet, but I've felt and heard a lot.

This all started about two weeks ago. My husband stays up pretty late at night, and I normally go to bed around 10:00pm by myself. I'm not sure what time it was, but I was awoken by this dream that someone was sticking their index finger down my throat, trying to gag me. I only slightly remember it because I woke up so quickly, it was like a grey or ghostly type hand. When I had woken up, I just thought it was a freaky dream and I had rolled over in my bed to try to fall back asleep. I was wearing shorts, and I was under the covers, and I felt something pull my short's leg up. It really scared me because I felt its hand rubbing against my leg, exactly as if something were gripping my pant leg, and it was pulling it up. I called my husband to come upstairs from my phone, and he comforted me and told me I was probably dreaming, even though I told him that I wasn't because I had been woken up. I slept downstairs on the couch for the next three days. Everyday my husband would say things like "come on hunni, you're going to be ok" "you're too old to be scared by this kind of stuff" and so on and so forth. Even though I still had a strange feeling when I went into my bedroom, I just figured I was freaking myself out, and that the feeling was mental, so I began sleeping in my room again. It was hard to sleep the first night, but after nothing had happened I was a bit more relaxed the next night.

On the third night sleeping in my room, again I was jolted awake, I'm not sure if I was dreaming before-hand, I can't remember, but when I woke up there was a type of whispering going on my room. It was very growl-ish, very faint, but loud enough for me to hear. It wasn't whispering in English (I know it sounds cliché to say, but it sounded like Latin or some other old dialect similar to Latin) This time I didn't even call my husband up stairs, I just went downstairs to the couch and tried to fall asleep. This time I really thought I was going crazy, it's one thing to think something touched you (I had started to buy in to my husband's thought that I was half asleep, it had made me feel better and gave me the courage to go back upstairs) But now, I had been hearing voices. I didn't want to tell my husband, because him and his friends and members of my family had been joking about what happened (we actually dubbed it the "pervert ghost")

My husband noticed me on the couch maybe about a half an hour later, and sat down and talked to me about what happened. To my surprise, he actually wanted to help, and actually began to look up some information on his iPhone about maybe getting a priest to come to the house, and buying a crucifix for the bedroom. (Please note, we are not religious people, I was raised Catholic but I don't go to church) I think he just wanted to comfort me in some way, he kept saying it should make me feel better. This time I stayed down on the couch for about a week.

Yesterday was Easter, and it was pretty much the point I knew I wasn't going crazy. We had gone over to dinner at my Mother-in-Law's house, and I had work the next day, so I left there around 9:30 to get home and take a shower and get to bed. My husband stayed at his mother's house to hang out with his parents and his aunt, and was to come home later because he didn't have work the next day. I got home, talked to my sister about her wedding that's coming up a little bit on the front porch, took a shower and laid down for bed downstairs on the couch, where I had been sleeping for the past week. I fell asleep as usual (Since my husband wasn't home, it was actually nice to fall asleep without the TV on) and maybe slept until about 11:45 when I was pushed awake.

When I say pushed awake I want to clear up that it wasn't when you suddenly wake up and feel like you were falling or you just jump from waking up. I was laying on my back with my legs straight (I had started falling asleep in this position after one of my husband's friends said "maybe the pervert ghost wants to bang you" so I would fall asleep with my legs closed, I know it sounds stupid) But I had woken up because it felt that something had pushed down on my shoulders, not from above me but from behind my head. It actually pushed me so hard, that (since my feet were slightly crossed in and overlapped) it hurt my big toe from the pressure of being squashed in between my top foot and the arm rest. At this point I was wide awake, my husband wasn't home, the downstairs couch wasn't safe anymore, my room really wasn't safe and I was extremely scared. Then I heard three grunts with a sort of laugh above it. It was very loud, it wasn't whispering this time. It seemed like two voices over lapped on each other, one grunting one laughing. I know that this wasn't in my head. There was the "HA HA HA" and on the third "HA" my dog in the other room woke up. On the third "HA" I heard him lift his head (from the jingle on his collar) and get off the couch. He wasn't walking around but just standing there trying to sniff out what it was that made the noise (We own a pit bull, so he is very attentive when there is something out of the ordinary)

This is why if someone could help me please give me some sort of advice. There is something fooling with me while I sleep, I know it's real because my dog heard it (which may sound silly but if you knew my dog you would understand) The fact that the dog woke up and got off the couch even convinced my husband there was something going on that's not right. We have someone coming by to anoint the house today, hopefully that will work. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scnavi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scnavi (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-12)
I just wanted to put an update up regarding this. After a few more scary experiences and sleeping downstairs alot, I started wearing a celtic cross (im irish lol) and praying every night. I also changed bedrooms, and it seems to have worked. Thank you all for your suggestions, and I hope whatever it was is gone for good.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
Follow all the instructions that you get about Jesus and I don't see wyh trying moongrin's cold iron would hurt anything to try. The blessing or annointing will work if it is in Jesus name but in order for this crap to stay away you must keep Chjrist in your house and I don't mean pictures and crucifixes. I mean you need to sincerely pray and build your faith in God up. Read your Bible daily, commit the words to your heart. Go to church. This may be a sign from God that it is time for you to continuie your relationship with Him. It ia up to you if you want these things gone and it will take more than a house blessing or annointment, that will run them away but they will check back by later on to see what is up and if you are not seeking God they will know that the blessing was the only thing done on the house and God walked out the door with the priest when he left. You must seek Him and keep Him in your heart and mind. When they come back 3they will feel the presence of the Holy Spirit and move very quickly on to easier prey.
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
1. Ask jesus if it is ok to use his name

Unless he specifically says "no, you may not", you might consider the various scripture like "all who call on my name will be saved" or something to that effect (or is it affect)

2. Pray... Daily (or nightly- the jewish day starts at sundown)

3. Tell "it" to leave in the name of jesus... Unless jesus says otherwise...
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
This is something that I commented on another story similar to this one but the same applies. You know, I see a lot, all over the web and even in books by supposed "educated" authors the suggestion of the use of the name of "Jesus Christ" to ward off or stop demonic or the like, attacks or hauntings. What they fail to inform the reader is the truth about this... "Paul recognized the fact... That some unauthorized person-doubtless with good intent, but unauthorized nevertheless, had been along that way baptizing 'unto John's baptism,' but not with it, for that could only be done by a duly commissioned servant of God. The apostle therefore explained to them the baptism of John and how he had declared Christ Jesus; after they received a proper understanding of the true ordinance they rendered obedience thereto, 'and when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.' (Acts 19:1Acts 19:2Acts 19:3Acts 19:4Acts 19:5Acts 19:6Acts 19:1-6.) When the servant of the Lord officiated in the ordinances of the gospel, the repentant believers were 'born of water and of the Spirit,' and the word was confirmed in them by the workings of the power of God. Evil spirits remember the pre-mortal state. They remember who was great there, and they recognize the servants of the Lord as their mortal enemies. They know Jesus, Paul, Peter,etc. And an actual outcome of someone usning the Lords name but not actually being a true servant of God is given in Acts 19:13-16 (King James Version)
13Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the LORD Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

It's important to make sure that the person you have cleanse your house is able to do so and not just prevoke it further. I don't like to say that my religion is better than anothers, because anything can be a religion, Look at scientology. L. Ron Hubbard straight out stated during an Eastern Science Fiction Association meeting on November 11, 1948, "You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion."
Rather my faith in an infinite being I know as God may be worshipped and believed in by others by other names. But it is important that whom ever you deal with in a situation like yours, you find the right, spirit filled person.
scnavi (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
Yes, I do sleep with my pit bull now, and my husband is always in the room when I sleep, (we moved the couches into the living room and pushed them together) I also purchased a cross to wear around my neck, and The mixture of being protected by my dog and husband, and wearing a cross seems to have helped keep me safe. But it seems as though it is mocking us now. We have a horse skull hanging on the wall in our living room (my father in law won it at a state fair when he was 16) and it has been thrown off the wall once right in front of us, and then another time when we were sleeping. (this horse skull takes a lot to move off of its hanger, we tested it with a fan blowing on it, and bumping into the wall, the only way it falls is if someone slams on the wall with both fists, and that's not even 100%. Not only that but it is LOUD when it falls, and when it came down in the middle of the night no one woke up, not even me and I'm a light sleeper) Another thing that has happened is my husband took our puppy out for a walk in the front lawn, and noticed light going across the lawn, and when he looked up the attic window was opening, our house is 124 years old, and the window that opened is a half circle window with bad hinges that you really have to wiggle and push to get it to open or even move, and they are always latched shut. My husband said he felt like it was mocking him, like he may not be able to do much now, but he's still here. My husband is quite the skeptic and he is even spooked.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
I'm sorry this is happening to you. It's brave of you to share it with us. Are you open to getting some prayer or help like that through a church? I'm a pastor, but not a creepy overly religious one. I just love Jesus & I know the power of the Holy Spirit. If you do want help you can contact me & I'm more than happy to 😊 it's my job & I've helped a lot of people. I have had the same things happen to me, so I can speak from experience not just bull sh*t. You don't have to contact me, I understand & I'll pray for you any way. I'm connected with churches all over & I could help you find one close to you. My e-mail is

Lotus08kiss[at]gmail.com

I really hope you do get some help for this. It's not funny & it's scary I know, but there are people out here who love you & can help & it's legit help. No hokey pokey. Kay? Bless you & yours! Hope to hear from you soon.

~LSD~ ❤
vquinones5 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
I have 2 pits myself! I grew up in a house with 4 spirits (the family that lived there before us, the dad went crazy killed his family and then himself) I am somewhat sensitive to spirits, it runs in the family. My pits, like most dogs, are also very sensitive to the supernatural. My girl gets scared whenever she sees or feels them but my boy is our protector (thats what I call him!) he always growl when he feels or sees something that shouldn't be there even when his dead asleep! When my girl sees my boy being brave, she to then becomes brave and backs him up. If a spirit trys to get closer after they have growled, my pits pops up in attack position and start to bark, which seems to scare it off. Try sleeping with your pit or at least have him sleep by your side. Whenever something like that would happen my babies came and slept by my side, as if to keep gaurd, which seem to help and keep away whatever it was that tryed to come in. I hope this helps you as much as it has helped me! Good Luck!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
Cold Iron.

It has been often used in warding off of evil entities.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: