You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Out Of Sight, Not Out Of Mind

Real Ghost Stories

Out Of Sight, Not Out Of Mind

 

People enter a ghost story website to be scared in some way or another, but in my personal opinion not all ghosts should be feared. I would like to share my ghostly experience, it didn't scare me, but it gave me the reassurance I desperately needed.

My Step-Mother's grandmother - my Grandma - died in May 2008. She was diagnosed with cancer 2 years before so we knew her death was approaching; we just didn't want to admit it. She was the backbone of the family, we were all worried that the family would fall apart without her to hold it up and it did. I was half way through sitting my exams when she died. I had an English exam that ended just as her life ended. I was scared; I'd never been so lost in my life. I was worried that she wasn't going to see me do well in my exams, I was more worried that maybe she wouldn't watch over me because we were not blood relatives. Both those worries went away due to the following experiences.

The first thing that happened was maybe an hour after Grandma's passing. I had to go back to school to sit my second English exam. I was so messed up in the head; it wasn't until I sat in my seat that I felt better. As I looked at my desk there were scribbles all over it, on one corner of the desk the name snoopy was written. Snoopy was the name of my Grandma's dog that died a few months before she did. I ignored that but my eyes drifted towards another corner of the desk, the name Violet was carved, that's my Grandma's name. It may just have been coincidence, but I'm not so sure.

Grandma gave the majority of the family little signs to let us know that she's there. Her name would randomly show up in places, the sunset the night of her passing was a strange colour, it had never been like that and it hasn't been like ever since, her belongings showed up from time to time on pillows or in places they shouldn't be.

A few months after Grandma's death I was sick, really sick. I was bed bound and all I wanted was a warm heart comforting me. I was laid in my bed, alone in the house and I felt something cold brush along my feet. I just thought it might have been a loose window or an air vent. A few seconds later I felt a weight press down my bed beside me and a hand on my shoulder. I was scared for maybe a second or 2 but then I smelt the scent of lavender, my Grandma always smelt of lavender. I knew then that I was being looked after. I felt better and all I could do was cry happy tears.

All these things can be so easily brushed off, but I know I could feel my Grandma with me so strong that it felt like she was still alive. I know she is protecting me, comforting me. Like I said, not all ghosts have to be feared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jaymenunu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
your right, even though still when the ghost shouldn't or doesn't need to be feared, we fear it anyways.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-20)
jaymenunu: What a great story I'm sorry about the loss of your grandma, she is definitely looking after you I also agree that there should be more stories like this on this website.

Thank you for sharing

Dan
rockstar09 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
That's seriously like the only comforting calm story on this ENTIRE website 😆 Thanks for sharing:)
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
Considering the number of posts here in which people discuss their sexual experiences with spirit beings, I would disagree that "being scared" is the primary reason for people to access websites like this.

I would agree that getting a thrill is some peoples motives of it, but not necessarily the only one.
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Thanks so much for sharing such a sweet story. She obviously thought a lot of you and wanted you to know she was/is always with you.
Vellyth1990 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Great story. I've had an experience of this sort. I'm happy for you, must have been comforting to feel your grandmother there
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Comforting indeed!, glad your grandma still around watching over you:)

Claudia
Georgeisalegend (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
awwwwww, that is a nice story!:)
Haha very comforting!
Hopefully you can still feel her around you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: