You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Mind Playing Tricks...?

Real Ghost Stories

My Mind Playing Tricks...?

 

About 2 years ago, I also used to go on holiday in the summer to Poland. My parents would always leave me at my Nan's house and go back to England, meaning that I would be left with my nan and grandad. The house was massive! I would nearly describe it as a mansion, but it's not quite as big. But anyway, carrying on with the story.

It was night time and my grandparents were watching TV as usual, it was getting quite late so I decided to go to bed, I switched the lights on and went to sleep. I woke up and found my great-grandma sitting on the corner of my bed, staring into space. I was so frightened, that I really can't describe what it felt like. I shut my eyes tight and shivered, clutching my duvet cover, finally after a while I had the courage to open my eyes, but when I opened them, I found that she wasn't there anymore. I know I definitely wasn't dreaming! It felt so real! My great-grandma only lives up the road, but she can hardly walk and she definitely wouldn't be able to get up the stairs into my bedroom, also all the doors were locked.

In the morning I decided to tell my nan but she just chuckled nervously in a joking way, and told me I must have been dreaming. I was confused. Why was she so nervous? And why did she say it in a joking way? Thoughts raced through my mind, but that was not the end of my ghostly encounters.

One night I couldn't sleep and I remember going into my uncle's bedroom and coming into his bed, (I normally do this when I can't sleep, it kind of comforts me, seeing as I have someone close by) I was lying there, and suddenly I felt someone touch my back, it was icy cold and I trembled with fear. My uncle was on the other side of the bed and was facing away from me, so he couldn't of actually touched me.

On my last encounter I heard paws trotting on the panneled floor, I told my nan for the second time but she just said it was a moth clinking into the lamp (in Poland you get lots of moths doing that).

Please can someone explain about my encounter of my great-grandma (note that she's still alive and didn't look like a ghost when I saw her in the middle of the night).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Poland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shmicky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

faith1986 (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-08)
That is very confusing. Hopefully someone else has more insight for you. But a very interesting story!
shmicky (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-08)
She never lived in that house, and never visited it, its all very confusing... 😕
faith1986 (23 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-08)
Did your Great-Grandma ever live in that same house? I ask because it is possible that what you saw was maybe residual energy of something she maybe did when living there or even visiting? Or possibly a doppelganger? It sounds as if your grandma has possibly seen something herself and could maybe be afraid to admit it, or afraid to scare you by admitting it. But either way, she does seem to know more than she has said. Thanks for sharing with us:-)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: