You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Am I Losing My Mind? My History Of Disappearing Acts

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Losing My Mind? My History Of Disappearing Acts

 

So, I am typing this on my phone so pardon me if there is any wonky formatting. My laptop has officially gone kapoot as I'm no longer able to charge it so this is really all I have at the moment.

Right now, I'm particularly perplexed. Genuinely flabbergasted. Confused and kind of upset...? I know it'll sound strange as to why I am once I tell you, but I honestly don't know what is happening or why. I don't know if this is paranormal and a ghost is just screwing with me or if there's this other dimension I don't know about and I happen to witness/experience it. But here goes.

Things have been disappearing, seemingly out of nowhere. This has happened more than once, however the occurrences were far from each other. It was never a constant occurrence back to back. The first incident really had me riled up.

One day, it was time for me to get ready to babysit. After I got dressed into proper clothes and all that, I remembered I needed my keys to the house so I went to my closet (where my purse ALWAYS is) to get them out of my purse. Guess what? POOF! No where to be seen. I swear to god I checked my little square of a closet and my room at least 5 times, and then 3 extra times just to make sure I haven't gone insane. Once it finally sunk in that it just wasn't there, my heart dropped to my stomach. Important things were in that purse! The keys, my wallet with my money. I can't just lose those things. So I run downstairs and ask my mom if she's seen my purse and she says she hasn't. She asks why and I said that I can't find it anywhere. She then asks me if I've checked my room for it first and I said that I have. Multiple times. I wouldn't be asking her if I've already found it in there.

Now, here's the kicker! My mom goes upstairs with me to help me look and to check my room and closet to make sure I didn't just miss it. *Deep sigh*...Guess what? IT WAS THERE. IN THE MIDDLE OF MY CLOSET WHERE I LAST HAD IT! 😑 My jaw just about dropped all the way down to the underworld at that point. My mom then turns around, cracks a smile and is like, "Are you sure you looked everywhere? 😏" I swore up and down, left, right and diagonally that I checked countless times before I went down to ask her. It was not there when I did.

NOW, the next I think... Two incidents including this one that just happened tonight included only my money going missing. I don't remember the exact amount in which went missing the last time, but I knew that I didn't have the same as what I had before. Of course I asked around and both my parents said they haven't seen it. "I just don't know what to tell you, Kennedy. I'm sorry!" That was a while ago.

Tonight, I remember the exact amount I had before. I make sure to log it so I'll know how much is missing. Before I bought presents for my little sister, I had around 40 ish dollars. After purchasing said items, I had $27.86. Six $1 bills, one $20, 6 quarters, 3 dimes, and 6 pennies. NOW, I have: $6.86. The singles and coins are all there, but where's the 20? Did it just grow legs all of a sudden and just wander off deeper in my closet to Narnia somehow? I honestly am at a loss here.

Now... I did start doing this one thing that will help me figure out whether someone is stealing it or not. I've gotten into the habit of drawing a little pink dot on one certain corner of each dollar bill I get. I honestly don't want to think my parents are stealing from me because I really don't think they'd do something like that. Its just not like them. I mean, they're not desperate for money to just up and take it just like that. But... If I were to check their wallets, then I'd be able to tell easily if the dollar bill was mine.

Do any of you guys experience this? Even how to make this stop happening? I mean hell, I get if ghosts want to be mischievous and stuff, but not like this. Not with my hard-earned money. I'm really trying to save up for my own car and this honestly is just not helping. I want this to stop. It's not funny. Ghostie, if you happen to be looking over my shoulder and reading this, I don't mind a good joke or two. Really, I don't. But I'm not laughing. I appreciate giving my purse back, but I'd REALLY extremely be grateful if you'd give my money back. Please.

Ok, I'm done with the ranting. I hope I didn't sound too angry, haha. 😅 I just honestly don't know what to do at this point. Is this a thing? Why does it even happen? Why me? Is it a parallel universe, or is some spirit trying make bank for who knows what? The world may never know. 🙂

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rosebudx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-03)
Rosebudx, good to hear that things seem to have settled down. Not even the bank is 100% safe though. You now need to watch out for online thieves. I keep my receipts to regularly check my bank statements. This is to make sure that hackers or scammers aren't phishing/skimming from my accounts.

On a side note: I seem to be "lucky" with money. It doesn't always happen, but in times of crisis I tend to get a sudden windfall. Never a big amount, but always just enough to bail me out from the current situation. The coincidence is strange - but I'm not complaining! 😄
Rosebudx (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-02)
Jubeele- Thanks for the link! And that can definitely be a possibility. I've never heard of money suddenly appearing to people like that until I've read Miracles' stories! If what has happened to me is indeed paranormal, I wouldn't be AS upset if the money that was swiped were handed to somebody who needed it more. Then again, I need it as well as I'm trying to save up for a laptop to be able to do schoolwork on and then after that, for a used car. I'm practically a 'broke college student' though I'm not exactly in college yet. 😆 So it still doesn't exactly feel good when I find it disappears.

Also, an update: No more money has been taken since the last incident and after I decided to hide the money in places rather than my wallet/purse. Just recently, I opened up my first bank account and have now put all my paper money in there. So unless there are cyber-ghosties or something that are able to take money from bank accounts, it's all safe! I've also made sure that whenever I got new paper money that I say to not touch it and thank you for not touching the money I already have.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-20)
Hi Rosebudx & Myst, I've put the link to Miracles' account here for you:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24801

I hope things will calm down for you. My Mum has the same problem at her place. Sometimes she loses small pieces of jewellery. I wonder if it's a Robin Hood ghostie though. Maybe that explains the corresponding accounts of those who "find" money when they least expect it! 💸
Rosebudx (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-19)
I just read about Miracles experience (s) as well as other related ones and wow! Now I don't feel so alone in this. Its crazy to know others go through something similar as well.
Rosebudx (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-15)
Myst- is this the correct user?: Miracles51031 I found her by going onto your profile and seeing it in your favorite posters list.
Myst (63 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-14)
Rosebudx- Go to Miracles' profile, her stories will be listed. Link problem is probably me-computers hate me!
Rosebudx (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-14)
AugustaM- the noise maker is a great idea! I'll try that. I also was kind of thinking maybe setting up a camera to see if I can catch anything when I'm not in my room/at home.

RedWolf- What a mischievous grandfather and father-in-law. 😆 I'm glad that they return your stuff back!

Lady-glow- will do! I hope so too... I just hope I can at least figure out why it's going missing and how.

Myst- Weird... I clicked the link but an error 404 page comes up.

Publicways- I honestly wish I knew what ghosts would use it for. 😂 But I find it highly unlikely anyone in my house is taking from me. I live with my parents and little sister. My parents would just ask to borrow money instead of just going through the trouble of sneaking for it and my little sister doesn't even know where my money is held in the first place. Although, I do want to set up something to record video in case there is indeed a living being snatching my things.

RANDYM- Huh, I never considered that. About whatever this is possibly deceiving me if it were taking it and then put it in my parents wallets. Thanks for bringing that to light! I am also taking your advice and will now be hiding them in various places. And see if any more disappears. Now it's not in the most obvious place. However I don't think I'll feel truly secure unless I get my own banking account and store it there... Why I say that is because I haven't signed up for one yet but hopefully will be soon! Still getting a handle on all these new adult tasks.

EmmalineTexas- I have lost my uncle last year due to suicide, but I have doubts about it being him. If it were, I feel like he would have started more recently after his death rather than later. Besides my purse coming back, the money lost has never returned and nothing else has ever happened. The house I live in is brand-spanking-new. It has been built once we bought the little plot of land along with the other houses in the neighborhood so it hasn't had any previous inhabitants.

But yeah! I really have never had any other weird or paranormal experiences at all besides these. Either I'm not as sensitive as y'all or I'm just oblivious and not paying attention. 😂 Kind of jealous because from the many stories I've read so far, experiencing the paranormal makes my life seem boring.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-04)
I don't have too much to offer on the paranormal side though I think marking the bills is a good idea. Maybe put some sort of noise maker on your purse so it makes a sound if somebody tries to open it - bells, chimes etc - on the door of the closet too even the door to your room. Also if you have a spare tablet or phone hanging around, you can download an app called 'Alfred' that will make the two work together as a motion sensor camera and viewer- and its free.

I do have an idea for your laptop. Batteries wear out and they will block your computer from getting electricity. If you can remove the battery, do so and plug it in - it should power up just fine. I have been running my Toshiba like this for years:)
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-30)
Rosebudx

My deceased grandfather used to take things and move them on me. But my deceased father in-law has done it way more. I just say okay dad put it back and I go and relax and it shows back up a little while later not too far from where I know I put it.

Red
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-29)
You are not losing your mind... You are losing your money! 💰

Rosebudx: I have nothing to add to the advice given by the previous posters, hope you can get your money back and not lose any more.

Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.
Myst (63 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-27)
publicways (32 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-26)
Let's assume for a minute that a ghost is stealing money from you sir. What in the world would it do with the money? Someone in your house is just taking money from you - happens all the time.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-26)
Hello Rosebudx

Thanks for sharing
I also would tell whoever this could be to leave your money alone
Define and demand what is off limits.
I want to offer a piece of advice and understand this is just my opinion and others may disagree

You may mark bills as you see fit. Maybe stash them in another hiding place
But. I would keep your parents "off limits" when looking for your marked money
If this is a spirit moving your money and it has bad intentions it could cause some permanent damage to your relationship if it puts your money in their wallets and you then accuse them of stealing. Just something to consider

Let us know how things go
Randy
EmmalineTexas (10 stories) (163 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-25)
Hi Rosebudx - I'm sorry that your things are being messed with. The very first thing that I would do is to go into your room and say out loud "I don't mind you moving my things, but please leave my purse and wallet alone". "Oh, and bring my $20.00 back! I worked very hard for it!". You set the rules.

It sounds like you might have a little trickster trying to get your attention, or if you've lost any family members they might just be reassuring your that they're around. Have there been any other things happening in your house? I sometimes have things moved until I say "Hey, give it back!". It usually reappears within an hour to one day.

Thanks for your story. It's really interesting.
Emma

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: