You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Dream Or Reality?

Real Ghost Stories

Dream Or Reality?

 

My name is Shashwat and I am from India. Pardon me for my English, it isn't my first language. The incident occurred about 4 years ago when I was 15 when we lived in Jhansi.

I lay down on my bed to take my afternoon nap. My sister was sitting in front of me doing her homework. I don't know whether it was my dream or reality but I felt like I was glued to my bed and was not able to move. I felt a presence beside me on the bed. I could clearly see my sister studying, which made me think that I was awake. After a few minutes of struggle I gave a shriek and punched the bed and told the spirit to stop. My sister asked me what happened, I said, "nothing" and went back to sleep.

When I woke up I asked my sister and she said she knew nothing about it. Was it just my dream or a sleep paralysis or is there any paranormal thing to it?

After 2 years we shifted to another city. There wasn't any kind of strange happening after that incident. It was the first and the last time that I had any paranormal (or maybe not?) experience.

I was just searching for such stories and saw this website and decided to share my experience.

Thank you for reading the story, Comments are welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shashwat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ritwik (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-12)
Hi! Shashwat I am currently living in Jhansi. Have you ever experienced something paranormal after it?
kaybee (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
Sounds very much like sleep paralysis/ sleep apnea/ hallucination to me.
I get this too so does my older sister.
I am new here. I just joined today to share my similar paranormal stories but seems like new stories are not accepted for now.
I am from India too. I used to stay in a hostel with a room mate. Once when I was sleeping, I felt myself float out of my body. I was raising out of my body slowly. I felt my soul very light while my physical body very heavy. I was slowly raising towards the ceiling and I could see the tube-light getting brighter and nearer and the fan which was switched on getting closer.
At that moment I realised what was happening and saw my physical body down on my bed. I told myself this is not my time to go and I looked down and saw my room mate sleeping on her bed. At that moment for a flicker she changed into my elder sister and opened her eyes and looked right at me but I knew she is my roommate... It could be a projection of my sister's soul or maybe hallucination... The next thing I know is that I woke up and realize that it has been quite sometime since I stopped breathing.

Later in the morning, I asked my roommate whether she opened her eyes and looked at the ceiling. She denied anything...

I've done some searches online and I realized that many people experience out of body experience/ astral projection induced by sleep apnea or such.
Yours and mine experience are in the same line I believe...

I hope this site accepts more stories because I have had many paranormal experience which I want to share and discuss...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
JimD has been around this site for quite a while... And I admit, I grilled him about his beliefs, as did many others... And he never wavers... His assistance has helped many, many members (and NON-members) of this site... He has pushed himself to the point of exhaustion to help strangers...I've recommended him quite a few times... And every time, he answered the plea for help...

I don't always agree with his assessment of the situation, but I don't have to... If the poster does, that's all that matters...

I've learned a lot from this person... But to learn, one must keep an open mind, and not allow their buried predjudices to interfere ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
imran7841,

On top of what Miracles has stated, why O' why would you pull up a story from over a year ago and and try and 'trash' JimD for his belief's? (Story post date 2010-04-20...your post date 2011-05-10)

JimD has always sugested the methods he is familiar with and he has always done it without being 'Preachey' about it. I'm not sure where you get the fact that he's trying to 'convet' people from this site to his religion from any of the comments I've ever seen him make.

Debate and Discussion can lead to Great Understanding and Shared Wisdom and the aid of others in need...PRICELESS.

Draging up old experiences just to 'pick' on someone...BOGUS.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
imran7841 - I try to stay away from the religious comments, but well, here I am. Darn it's going to be a long day today 😆.

You said you've seen quite a few of JimD's comments, right? If you have, you should have noticed they pretty much say the same thing. He offers the advice that he believes will work under the situation. He's never, that I've read, told anyone that they have to convert to his religion. His comments generally say the same thing. He believes this works, he offers this advice because he believes he can help the people in need. JimD has also been sought by many people on this sight for his help because of this advice.

So, please, he's not pushing his religion. Believe me. We have many posters on here who do that. JimD says a handful of words and offers his advice. The one's who push their religion go on and on and on. And on. And normally come back and argue their point again. They can fill pages with their comments about their religion being the only way to get rid of their "demon." Of course, this is just "my opinion" same as your opinion is your own.

So my advice to you is, if you don't like reading what you believe to be JimD pushing his religion on non-Christians, don't read his comments. That's what I do. If I don't the comments from someone, I don't read them at all. Causes less aggravation for me. 😉
imran7841 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
JimD,

This is not site for spreading your religion. I have seen quite a few of your comments and found that you want to spread your religion to non Christians.
JimD (431 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-04-26)
I'm not 100% sure about this case, but it sounds demonic. Sprinkling a lot of Catholic Holy water around, in addition to using the names of Jesus, Mary and St. Michael the Archangel will help. Please remember this next time this vile thing appears. Best. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Shashwat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-25)
Hello Faisa,

My experience was quite similar to yours. Were your surroundings in your dream same as the place where you were sleeping?
faisa (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-24)
hi I read you're story and believeit it's happened to me year's ago to and I was never able to find out what it was either a demonic/devil inside me or something else because I was glued to my bed and I tried to get up I could't😊
Shashwat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-24)
As I said, this was the first and the last time I had such an experience. Though I have had a few strange expeiences but none similar to this one.

Thank you all for your comments:)
IwanttoHelp (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-23)
He I agree with Jammy but I think there was a entity, because between the state of being a sleep and awake or the otherway around people are more sensetive, but it was indeed a sleep paralysis
Jammydodgerman (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
Hello Shashwat,

This sounds like you experienced something called sleep paralysis. This is when you wake up but your body is still paralysed as if still asleep. This experience is actually quite common but most people who suffer from it are greatly discomforted by it.

Most people think that during this experience, they are being held down by someone, or someone is in the room talking to them or whispering in their ear.

Please tell us if you have another experience similar to this and if it is similar to the one mentioned above.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: