You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hallucination Or Reality?

Real Ghost Stories

Hallucination Or Reality?

 

I just moved in with my boyfriend a year ago, and ever since I moved in with him, I have the feeling that our bedroom is haunted. Our bedroom is located on the "third floor" of our house, which really should just be called an attic. It's spacious and quite nice actually. But after only a few days of sleeping in the room, I've been noticing some odd things.

I remember waking up one night and looking over at my boyfriend to see a young woman with short black hair clutching at his feet, as if trying to pull him under our bed. I didn't say anything to him until a couple of nights after, figuring I was dreaming. But the next night, it felt as though somebody was under our bed, and shaking the frame. I looked under, but nothing was there.

Almost every night since I've lived here, I've heard random footsteps in our walk-in closet. Once again, I check the closet and nobody is there. My boyfriend has even said he thought he heard a girl calling his name one night and thought it was me, but I was fast asleep beside him. Also, our bedroom is oddly colder than the rest of the house. Even though heat rises and we're on the top floor.

My boyfriend is a skeptic. He doesn't really believe in ghosts, but I truly do. I don't think the spirit is malicious, but it still freaks me out. Who is this girl, and why is she seemingly attracted to my boyfriend? I haven't experienced her clutching at me or heard her call my name. Is it possible for just our bedroom to be haunted and not the rest of the house? I'm at a loss for what to do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luciddreamerxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jaiicee (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
Omg I agree I am 20 and I would never look under my bed... Or cupboard...
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-01)
I agree with pretty much everyone's comments that have already posted. I never look under my bed. I usually run and jump on my bed and hide under the covers, not like I am 23 or anything 😆
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Dok25 has made an intresting point about power and energy. Do you know where the power for your boyfriends house enters the home? Or is there a high power cable that runs close to the home... And does being in the attic room put you closer to it?

I ask because high levels of EMF (electromagnetic frequencies), which can be given off by eletrical wireing or occur naturally in the enviroment, can cause sensitive people to feel ill, like they are being watched, rashes... Even halucinations. They can also attract spirits who use the energy to help manifest themselves. While this is just a theory it helps if a Journal is kept... It can help rule out EMF Sensitivity form Spiritual Activity by debunking the experiences.

With what you have shared its hard to tell what may be happening.

Start a Journal... Have your boyfriend start one as well... Compare your experiences and remember to debunk them and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
dok25 (3 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Are there any power cables, or naturaly flowing streams, under the bed? This spirit needs energy to manifest, let's supose, the entity is conscious, while your boyfriend was living alone no problem, by moving in you encroached, on her teritory, look for weird stuff in the floor bords, clean up the place ther must 'be something personal of ghost girl, take it outside and burn it, don't play with, it.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Hi, luciddreamerxo your story is very scary. You are really brave to look under bed. I am agree with other posters here.

God bless you. 😁
FollowTheWhiteRabbit (2 stories) (13 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-28)
Hi luciddreamerxo, you're certainly brave for looking under the bed! That would totally freak me out...

I've had a similar experience with a spirit tied to my boyfriend, I'm yet to write about it, but she wasn't very pleasant towards me.

Agree with Griff, try and find some information about the house or even the surrounding areas - you may even find something which could identify her seen as you've seen what her hair looks like.

Good luck!:)
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
Hi luciddreamerxo, welcome to YGS.

If I were in your position, I would do a little research into the buildings history, and into any formers owners or inhabitants, perhaps an answer could lie there. Also, you say you do not feel threatened, so perhaps if you asked out loud for this 'girl' to leave you and your boyfriend alone as this is your home. It could work!

Finally, you could always try a blessing in your bedroom, or even your whole house to try and more this girl on.

Please keep us updated and thanks for sharing 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: