You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Late Night Angel

Real Ghost Stories

Late Night Angel

 

When I was younger I used to live in California somewhere around L.A to be exact. I lived with both of my parents in a small two bedroom apartment with only the occasional visit from my siblings Andrea and Ryan.

Late one night I woke up in my parent's bed having to pee and, being a young child, asked my mother to go with me to the bathroom. But at the time she was too tired and told me to hush and hold it until morning or go on my own. At first the thought of leaving the safety of my parent's bed was unthinkable so I just lay back down and tried to sleep. I failed miserably and after I got up my courage, I tip-toed to the door and peered out to make sure it was all safe. Being satisfied with what I saw I began my way to the bathroom. As I was half way there I was randomly stricken with terror and turned to run back to my parents. Only when turned I hit a solid white figure. On further examining the figure I saw a beautiful blonde woman in a long flowing night gown standing in front of me, I now believe her to have been an angel because when I looked at her all of the terror that I had felt was suddenly gone. The lovely woman took my hand (that's the only I KNOW this wasn't a dream, I FELT the warmth of her skin.) and walked me to the bathroom. Then when I was done she walked me to my parent's bedroom door.

My mother woke up as I crawled in to bed and told me that she was proud of me for going by myself. Needless to say that she was in shock when I told her of the woman in white. In fact, she was so shocked that she checked our apartment several times over for an intruder. But the woman was nowhere to be found and I never saw her again...

This was the first of many encounters that I have had in my life... Although the encounter that took place after this one wasn't until about three or four years later...

If you have any thoughts on this or if you can relate, I would LOVE to hear from you.

*~Angel~*

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angel_girl13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Hickey92 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
This is Absolutely crazy when I was a kid I'd wake up from nightmares calling to my mom who had blonde hair and wore a gown almost every night. I would wale up during the night panocig and shouting to look down the hall seeing a graceful blonde haired
Woman with a gown on with it seemed red
Little spots would always walk down the hall towards me until I would realize it was not my mom and I would look away in fear and she'd be gone
Because she startled me. If this sounds similar to yours please share I always wanted to know what this was and saw her tons of times growing up. The crazy thing is that I think you saw the same angel as me thousands of miles away I live in Canada
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
Thats so cool. I'm not sure but last night I saw something and I saw a hint of something white. Is that a good thing?
angel_girl13 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
i want to thank all of you for you're comments, 😊 you never have to worry about offending me though (as some of you thought you may have) as long as you are respctful then not much bugs me.
Idk if it matters or not, but if it makes a differance at all, I was born a still dead. I had no heart rate or breath. I think that's why I think I have a connection to the paranormal...
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-10)
it could have been your guardian angel or a distant relative that watches over you and knows that you are scared of the dark as a child helped you get into the bathroom. God Bless.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
Jitow: Is there a verse from the Bible that you could quote that has the info you provided about the gender of angels?...Not trying to be a smart a*s, just curious as to where your info is coming from... I always heard that they have no particular gender also, and I don't know how anyone knows that, since their visits are rare... ❤
Boldylocks (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
She was clearly an angel-- thank you for sharing your beautiful experience.

I saw an angel (a male one) and my mother saw a female angel when she was a child.

Angels don't normally appear for the sake of appearing, unless to serve Divine instructions. Angels do not call attention to themselves, but prefer to direct attention to the Creator.

You were blessed to have this visitation, and I believe that this angel was protecting you from certain demonic entities-- and it sounds like such a blessed visitation!
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
Dear Angel girl,

What a beautiful story. Although angels are not male or female they can appear as male or female. My guardian angel appeared to me as female. She was a little shorter then me and she had brown hair. She named herself Jen. She put her arms around me and said that everything was going to be fine and then she was gone. I don't know what my guardian angel really looks like but she appeared to me as female. If you ever run into spirits again test them according to 1 John 4:1-4. Have a good day. ❤ 😊 ❤
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
They could appear in many different forms, but they don't appear, they have no reason to appear. I am glad you made it clear that you had a Christian up bringing and not that you were a Christian, If you had been a believing Chistian you would still be one.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
They could appear in many different forms, but they don't appear, they have no reason to appear.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-05)
I remember from my Christian raising (I am now a Pagan) that angels are neither male nor female, but here is my opinion. As a spiritual being, an angel could theoretically take any form it chose. To comfort a scared child, there is no reason an angel couldn't appear as a beautiful woman, an image easy for a young child to recognize and relate to. Just my 2 cents 😊.
Blessed Be
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
That is nice and I know that I will really get hammered on this but people need to understand that there are no female angels. So the fact that it was nice and warm indicates that it could have been one of several things. I am not going to jump to the conclusion that I get blamed for jumping to first all the time. I am just relaying what I know to be true. Even if they did appear it is not likely that one would appear for such an event as to escort you to the bathroom, or appear for any reason at all. I do believe that if you have committed your life to God through Christ Jesus that you are assigned a guardian angel but there is no fundamental reason why it would appear to anyone. Most of the appearing comes from the other side of the fence. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else, I believe the Bible and that is what it indicates about angels. Angels were no longer needed to bring God's instruction to man once the Holy Spirit was sent after Jesus' ascension into Heaven. So the Holy Spirit replaced the angels function of guidence and communication. If you do not have the Holy Spirit it makes it difficult to communicate with the Heavenly Father. Alright have at it, but I did not make this up, it is scripture.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
Did you see this person have any type of wings, halo, white robes, or golden armor? Was she almost 6 foot?
If you do not see any of these all together or at least without the golden armor, then it's not your Guardian Angel, but it is a Saint. This Saint is spirit guide that is most likely related to you in someway. They are humans whom are from Heaven.
My friend had seen a Saint in the middle of the night.
Guardian Angels do reveal their full forms around that time of night as well a lot however they are usually sneaky. That warm feeling is the Holy spirit that this spirit gives off.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
Thank you for sharing this story! What a nice lady. 😊 The fact that you described her skin as being "warm", unlike the usual cold experienced when touching ghosts and such, tells me that this was an angel or some sort of heavenly spirit. My personal idea of angels follows more of the Nordic belief of the valkyrie, and the image in my mind of your description accomodates that.

It's a nice change to read a few positive stories here!
CelinaCyanide (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
I definitely believe that it could have been an angel sent to protect you, it could even be your guardian angel (but who knows for sure). Be careful though don't do summonings or anything, sometimes they backfire (if you have ever thought of this that is). 😊
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
Ironically this story and your name web has to do with an "angel". I don't know! Angels can't cross over unless they are sent to earth by God himself. They can take form of people too! I never saw one, I believe in them though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: