You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Things at the American Legion Building

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Things at the American Legion Building

 

My dad used to work at the American Legion at night, cleaning the building, he was the only one working, so sometimes I would go with him. One night, me and my friend (Ashley) went with him, and we were playing around in "the blue room". There was a bar and a lot of tables and things like that, I was standing by the liquor room, and just messing around, tapped on the door, then all of a sudden some one tapped back, and with a different pattern then I had tapped, I looked at my friend almost to say "did you hear that?" and she looked at me and I could tell by the look on her face that she was very scared. We both ran out of the room, and just as we got out the door, something grabbed Ashley's leg, she screamed, and pulled away, and we ran into the room across the hall, and when we looked back there was nothing there, so we sat down and she pulled up her pant leg and her knee was all red and blotchy. We were so freaked out that we never went in that room again unless there were a lot of people with us.

Another time, me, my friend (Ashley), and my sister, went to work with my dad, almost to see if anything else would happen. We were sitting in the bingo hall, when we heard this loud screeching sound, so we went to down the main hall to see if we could find where the should was coming from, we looked into the blue room and there was a chair dolly (used to move stacked chairs) on the dance floor, so we went over to it, and there were scratch marks on the floor behind it, like someone has pushed it, so I pushed it about a foot to see what it sounded like, it sounded the same as the sound we had heard. Later that night, me, my sister, and Ashley were in the stairs of the building, messing around with a copy machine, when my dad came down and said "You guys are down here? Then who was flushing the toilets?" It turns out then when we were down stairs, and my dad was up stairs, he has been hearing people running around in the bathrooms flushing the toilets.

So I read up on the American Legion a little bit, and found out that the American Legion had been used as a hospital for injured soldiers during World War II. There are a lot more things that have happened to me and other people I know, and I will be posting more stories soon.

Thank you for reading, and please comment and tell me what you think, or if you have any logical explanations.

Other hauntings by QueenTas

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

dogs4life (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
My family heard sounds in my nanna's old house and it sounded like a women singing a lullaby to a baby or husband. Then we herd footsteps coming downstairs... My dad went upstairs and the fan in the living room was off but it was moving like it was going to fall off the ceiling. After that the door was closed but their was cool breezes moving through the house and the air conditioning was not on actually she didn't have an air conditioner. My Nanna had bought he house from a solgier and his wife... When she bought it the husband was not there with the wife. Then my Nanna was sleeping with her mouth open and an american legion pin ranked number 74 fell in her mouth out of no where. One night I was sleeping in bed and I heard footsteps coming toward me. Suddenly I heard a wisper in my ear I reAlly didn't understand what the women was saying but what I got out of it was the word GO... It freaked me out. Then another day I was in the living room and the heater and fan turned on and I heard a man talking. I have no idea what it was. COMMENT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
There is another thing that has happened to me in that building, but it scared me so bad I am scared to write it all down, I will probably try to some time.

Maybe some time when I have free time I will try to work up enough courage to write it all down.

Oh and my wedding is this January, and it is gunna be in the American Legion, and in the blue room, kind of freaky, but there will be a lot of people there, so I won't get scared.

Tricia
QueenTas (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-17)
I have been back into the building, I go in there about once a week, every once in a while I'll see shadows when there is no one there, and lights tend to shut them selves off and turn them selves on, I might be starting a new job there soon, becasue my mom is the co-manager there, and they are going to be firing the janitor soon, so when they do I will be taking his place, which I will be working at night, and sometimes early mornings, thankfully I will not be alone in the building, because some of the things that have happened there, I don't care to re-experience.

Thank you for reading this, and I will soon be posting a new story about, my encounter with a few other ghosts, such as my grandmother, about a month after she passed.

Tricia
Chrystal (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-20)
Have you gone in that place again and something has happened or have you seen anything or anyone from the past?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: