You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Medium Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

Medium Dreams

 

I'm going to make my introduction here short. My name is Miya, and this is an account that I share with my twin brother (he just registered here) Demian. Between the two of us, we have had countless encounters and experiences, so I would like to share one of my most confusing with you first.

A short time ago, my brother and I were living with our mother in Fort Worth, Texas, where we were renting this slightly aged, one-story house. It had been our home for quite some time, and we had known from the very first night we were there that something wasn't right.

My mother came into my room one morning and told me that she had heard something scratching at the inside of her (closed) closet door in the middle of the night. She said she couldn't distinguish what it was, because the noise didn't sound like any animal or a plastic coat hanger scratching at the door, but rather a person trying to get out. The room that was at that time hers had been added to the house as an extension recently (before we moved in), so I didn't understand how something like that could happen.

My mother proceeded to tell me that the noise was really starting to bother her, so after about five minutes of this scratching, she rose from her bed and opened her closet doors. Immediately, the noise stopped, and she couldn't locate the source of the sound.

Nothing like this ever happened again.

Shortly after this, I started seeing a small boy (maybe around ten years old) standing in our hallway. The first time I saw him, I was coming out of the bathroom, and he was standing across the hall from me, grinning. The look he had on his face startled me, but didn't necessarily scare me. Because I've spent a bit of time around ghosts and spirits, I knew not to over react, so I walked as calmly as I could back to my bedroom, and then informed my twin over MSN instant messenger what I had just seen. He told me he knew about the boy, that he had already seen him once before, and that he felt that the young child wasn't going to hurt us.

I began having dreams about the boy shortly after this. The first I had was this:

I was sitting on the futon in my room, tying at my computer, when I felt the sudden need to look toward the door. When I did so, the young boy was standing there in front of my door, looking frightened. When I asked him what was wrong, he didn't say anything (we had established at some point that while the boy may move his mouth in speech, no one can audibly hear his words, and yet we still understood what he was saying). I had interpreted his silence somehow as a subconscious message saying, "Don't go out into the hallway. He's very angry. I don't want him to hurt you..." I didn't know who "he" was, but the mention of him terrified me, and I peered cautiously out my bedroom door to see what was in the hallway that had the boy so scared. There was nothing distinguished in the hallway, but the entire space was pitch dark, and upon seeing this I fled back into my room and shut the door. I turned to the boy and told him, "Don't worry. You're safe in here, I promise I won't let him hurt you..."

That's when I woke up.

I took the dream as some kind of sign, telling me that:

1) There were multiple spirits in this house, and

2) At least one of them was violent, or disliked this boy that I had taken to.

Something told me when I woke from this dream that the "man" that had so wanted to hurt this little boy, was somehow connected to my mother's closet. The incident with the scratching had already happened when I had this dream, but my mother hadn't yet told me about it.

Again, shortly after this, I started seeing a figure. It was never clear to me, more like a dark silhouette of a person in their late teens, maybe a few inches taller than me (I'm 5'6").

I never got to see this person clearly, but I saw the dark silhouette of them around the house occasionally, and I felt almost safe when they were there.

One night, I had a dream about this figure:

My mother had just left for work, and my brother was gone for the day with friends. It was my day off from work, so I was home alone to fend for myself. Shortly after my mother had left for work, I went out into our garage to get a frozen pizza out of our deep freezer. As soon as I opened the door (the one connecting the house to the garage) all I saw was black, and I was terrified by this darkness, so I decided against it and closed the door. However, when I attempted to close the door, there was something stopping it from closing completely. I looked down and saw some kind of gray or white sweatshirt on the floor that had gotten in the way of the door and therefore it wouldn't shut.

When I looked up, there was a man standing in front of me, smiling. The way he was dressed really confused me - He looked to be about seventeen, but his hair was long (perhaps to the middle of his back) and kept in a low ponytail tied with a green ribbon. His eyes were the most vivid shade of green I had ever seen, kind of like spring grass right after it rains. I was astonished by this and couldn't look away from his eyes for quite a while. Then when I realized that I was seated at our breakfast counter, away from the garage, I spoke to him. I asked him who he was, but I almost already knew that somehow he was the figure that I was never able to see clearly - the aforementioned silhouette that I had seen frequenting the area around our garage door and our kitchen. Instead of giving me a answer to the question, the boy just smiled and shook his head, looking down at the floor. So I decided to ask a different question. I asked him, "Why are you here?" And this time he looked at me, smiled, and said, "I think you already know that..."

That's when I woke up.

When I woke up, I was flat on my back, with my arms at my sides. I thought it was strange, because I never slept like that (especially on my futon) - I always slept on my side. I felt like I needed to touch my head for some reason, but when I tried to lift my arm, I couldn't. That's when I became aware of the pressure pushing down on my wrists. It wasn't painful, just THERE, and I became kind of panicky, so I opened my mouth to yell for my brother who was sleeping in the next room. However when I opened my mouth, I felt rather than saw, a hand gently cover my mouth as the pressure on my left wrist disappeared, and heard someone say, "Shhh...don't..." The soft, yet commanding tone of voice immediately made me stop, but my heart was racing. I closed my eyes, trying to will the feeling of helplessness away, and when I did so, I felt someone place the softest of chaste kisses on my forehead, and then all of the pressure lift, and I could move again. However, I could still feel the kiss on my forehead, so I didn't move for a while, and I could feel the air around my bed - which had grown FRIGID during this time - slowly begin to gain some warmth back.

These series of experiences are some of the most vivid I have from living in that house in Texas.

I would like opinions and comments on this - do you believe what happened to me? Do you believe that there are spirits who know, and can acknowledge the fact of their death, and still communicate with people in such an earthly manner?

If there is anyone on this web site who interprets dreams, I would especially like you to tell me what these two dreams may mean. I still never found out quite what these two particular spirits wanted from me, or why they grew so attached to me that when I left to live with my father, they went on a search for me through that house, opening doors and closing them, saying my name, and asking where I went (all incidents reported by my mother after I left).

Please share your opinions with me, or let me know if something similar has happened to you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HollowWhispers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

fallingcolors (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
that's pretty scary, on the count of I live in fort worth. What part of fort worth did you live in at the time?
artfighter (13 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-20)
i understand what you mean about those dreams appearently they are trying to tell you of what had happened to them or better yet they are trying to seek help from you which means the ghost is contacting you through their dreams I would advise to google the house and find out who all had died there and what had happen and also try talking them on crossing over to the light. 😐
bugsy (5 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-16)
I also have a question, I keep having dreams that my teeth are falling out and I am chocking on them, then my dream turns to me in water trying to swim to the top where the light is before I run out of breath. Then I wake up and see a ghostly figure standing at the end of my bed. I can lift my head but nothing else. If anyone can give me some insight on these things, please e-mail me at j.ochoa26 [at] yahoo.com thank you.
Pangie (8 stories) (9 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
ive had lots of odd dreams like yours and I can't really explain yours but mabye this guy is somehow protecting you? I always felt like my dead uncle seemed to watch me escapilly in my dreams
Soma (3 stories) (21 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-15)
sounds like the guy wiv green eyes has the hots for you! :) Since you can't feel their presence anymore, it seems their attachment is to that house; have you tried to investigate who lived there before? By the way does anyone know how you go about investigating previous tenants?
HollowWhispers (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
Thank you both, Shane and djcaa for posting comments!

Shane - I find that your theory of astral projection is likely, but it is not something that I know to have happened to myself or any other member of my family. You are correct in your assumption that I no longer live in that house - in fact I live now with my father's family in Missouri, FAR from that house. But the spirits there never "bothered" me; I found them to be a sort of comfort.

djcaa - I haven't really heard much about spirits falling in love with the living, but a few friends of mine who practice wicca have suggested that. Once when they were visiting the house, all of them confirmed that the feeling they got was that the spirit had fallen in love with me, and the young boy (whom they said was the other spirit's younger brother) looked upon me as a protective older sister. However, I no longer live in that house, and while I don't miss it, I do miss the presence of their spirits. I had never become "attached" to a spirit before I met them, and it seemed so natural to be there with them. I miss them, but I feel bad about leaving - I never got to say goodbye to them or tell them where, or why, I was going.
djcaa (2 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-09)
creepy! I think that they are trying to tell you something. Or maybe have you ever heard of spirits falling in love with mortals? In my country that has happened frequently. So maybe one of the two spirits is in love with you. The boy is probably just trying to make friends with you. They communicate through dreams. But if I were you, you should stay away. Dont get too attached. And don't try to be-friend them. Its better not to dwell in the unknown. I will ask some of my mentors (I used to practice wicca a few years back when I was in college) about your dream and let them interpret and ill tell you.

Blessed be.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-09)
While I am not a dream interpretor, I do know that they say our dreams are the subconscious mind's way of communicating with us. Feelings or emotions, wants or desires that we keep repressed through out our waking lives. Spirits have also been known to make their presence known during dreams as your conscious mind is at rest and not likely to judge what you are experiencing as false. That or you may even be performing astral projection or O.B.E. Better known as Out of Body Experience. When doing this you are on the same plane as the spirits and entities that you are seeing or sensing. I am taking it that you no longer live at that residence and are no longer bothered by these spirits? Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I am more experienced with proving or disproving if some place is haunted or not and how to rid the home of the spirits or lesser entities.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: