You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Moaning Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Moaning Shadow

 

I have had many ghostly experiences that vary in character. I am now 32yrs old and since the time I was 20yrs old I've encountered ghosts or "presences" about 8 times. I remember previous occurrences when I was younger than that but none so intense until the one I'm about to share or after that one. Like I said, I was about 20yrs old and I was a newlywed to my now ex-husband.

We were spending the night at his mother's old house. We had spent the night before but always in the living room. This time however, she gave her room to us and she slept in the living room. Now this place was fairly old and obviously had previous owners. Many family members claimed to have had strange things happen while in the house. One said the toilet in the mother's room would flush all by itself and then there were the sounds of a baby crying, only that there were no babies in the house and the sound was not heard outside. Of course this was not shared with me until I was scared out of my wits. Anyway back to my story.

My ex and I were about to go to sleep when the bathroom light went on. This was on a dimmer but still I just got up and turned it off, no big deal. We were both lying on our left side and then we saw it. Both of us witnessed this so it was more reassuring that, yup it was a ghost. A black shadow emerged from the bathroom and floated past the bed on the left side. We both froze and just stared. When it got to the foot of the bed we both slightly turned and nudged each other to make sure we saw the same thing. The shadow then sat on the foot of the bed and made a horrible moaning sound I will never forget! At that point we jumped out of the bed and rand out of the room faster that we could get our bearings. We were even falling over each other. Him mom, sound asleep in the living room, was not at all surprised. Needless to say that we never stayed in that room again.

I will post the others soon.

Other hauntings by cguerra

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cguerra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ambercrystal (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-01)
EmeraldAngel: I would try burning a white candle and maybe praying for Jamie while the candle burns. The candle should be white. Hope this helps. Good luck;)
a1222222 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
Cguerra, Thanks for your comment regarding my story. My story happened in 2002 when I was 21 years old. I'm 30 now and will never play the quija again. Sounds like your mind is pretty open to spirits. Be safe and thanks agian. 😆
cguerra (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
Hi,

For the most current posters. Emeraldangel I will definitely pray and many good thought going your way. Rockstar09 well his mom was sleeping in the living room at the time and when we ran past the shadow it was like if nothing, only black fog/smoke was there. And that answers the next question, there was no definite shape. Only like a tall, foggy ovalish shape. Strange huh?
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
thats really creepy I'm twelve years and I've had a similar experience not including... The moaning. Except yea my ghost was like a shadow too and I named him/her Jamie. I'm too scared to find out its name much less if its a boy or girl it can be gay for all I care maybe then it would leave but anyways good luck and if there's any chance and I'm not trying to be rude, just really terrified of the unknown please send some good thoughts and praying my way. I really need some due to the countless hours of praying and the fear adrenaline that keeps me up during devil's hour and such. 😭 ~Katherine Alene Norris~ ❤
rockstar09 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-02)
Wow! That is very creepy. Are you sure it wasn't his mom by any chance though? 😆
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Spooky I don't think I would have been able to move 😲 let alone actually stay there, witch craft? 😨
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Geez that's pretty scary I would have done the exact same thing lol. The house obviously has had a lot of sad history it would be good to find out more about it. Did the dark shadow have any form to it at all?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
cguerra (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Hi, For zetafor now, I know his mom had witnessed many things that happened in her house. Even after her father passed away, both her and I encountered his presence. It was that felling of someone standing right behind you. You could even feel the breathing. And smell his scent. After the day the front door opened by itself although it was closed and locked, she announced "oh that's just my dad". We didn't feel anything after that. We never did try to communicate with anyone there. We felt that the presence in the her room was not a good one. However, she does not live there anymore. Rumors were heard that people who practiced witch craft or something used to live there before. The feeling was creepy for sure. Thanks for the comment to both posters. I'll be sure to read yours too and I posted another one recently. Take care.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
Oh wow that was extremely creepy 😨 I would have reacted the same way you did. Did your ex mother-in-law ever find out who and what happened that would have caused that spirit to remain in the house? I really ejoyed your story, and can't wait to read more. Thank you. 😊
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
You state that his mom was not surprised at all. Obviously she has witnessed paranormal in this house before. I agree about not sleeping in the room again but how about trying to speak to this entity?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: