You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Haunted House On Lake Superior

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunted House On Lake Superior

 

I remarried in 2003 and my husband has a house on Lake Superior that his family bought in 1969. It overlooks Lake Superior and is on the North Shore Drive, half way to Two Harbors. Strange noises and events have been happening ever since then... I would hear loud bangs in the night in the other rooms... When we would arrive late Fridays nights, we live in Minneapolis and would go up on weekends, the lights would go on and off by themselves.

I have kept a journal of all the paranormal experiences over the years... I have seen orbs in the dark, following each other on the ceiling, and have uncountable feelings of coldness and the hair rising on my neck. My husband witnesses some of these events, but he always has an excuse for them... He doesn't believe.

Well, two weeks ago, my daughter, niece, and two friends decided to do a little ghost-hunting up there. We experienced so many things both in person and recorded, that we would be a feature on 'Ghosthunters'! Lights would turn on and off, we heard a voice and recorded it in the garage loft... Our means of communicating were mainly with an electrical extension bar that plugged the TV in in the living room. It was a red bar, and would respond when we asked it questions... It would flash on and off. An entity touched my daughter on the back and another tried to grab and throw a flashlight out of my friend's hands. I never thought we would gather so much evidence...

We're planning on going back up to do another session in October, closer to Halloween. We used a very sensitive voice recorder and picked up everything. I sort of questioned the experiences I had before, but now I am a believer... One added note, 90 years ago the owner died in the home, a neighbor committed suicide near our back yard, and it could be also on an Indian burial ground... Not to mention that 200 yards in the lake from our house, a ship sank in 1914 in a storm, and many lives were lost...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pammy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Hi Pammy, Sounds like you have a very active house there. The history of events that have taken place in and around the property make it very possible for spirits to still roam around there. I am very interested in the evidence you captured. Would it be possible for you to upload the evp's? I also think that contacting Ghost Hunters is a good idea. It should make for a very interesting episode. 😊
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
well I wouldn't doubt that there are spirits near your home and maybe that house is slightly haunted.
But next time you get recordings you should somehow upload and post them somewhere so we can all hear!
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
Hey Pammy,

This is a very interesting story and I enjoyed reading it so thanks for posting it. From what you've wrote I think that in the side of spirituality it's no wonder that you have so much activity in your house, an Indian Burial Ground, A Sunken Ship and a Dead Owner wow. I think like many posts above mine it can be considered that the activity is most likely from them.

However near bodies of water it has been noted that the atmosphere makes experiences more prominant and many experiences of spiritual beings have been cited near bodies of water. The lake near your house is no exception.

I think that where some posts have called this spirit or however many there are a "demon" is a little excessive though as I don't think it's out to get you more so that it's a terrotorial being. I'm not saying they're wrong I'm just saying we all have different conclusions. I gather it's a terrortorial being from the increased activity of when you are around or even the greater activity still when more of you are around. Maybe all of your energy and presence interupts the being and so it acts out as a way of showing that it is still their house in a time of death.

You said your family has owned the house since 1969 and the banging and so has been happening since then I gather? I personally believe it is the owner but that's just my conclusion. Sorry for my long winded reply.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
Maybe the house could also be very active because it is near a huge body of water. Water tends to act like a conductor and maybe it might amplify psychic phenomenon.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Hi;

It's not the owner - it's a demon. A tape recorder can assist with documentation, but I strongly recommend use, especially at night and on the beds, of Catholic Holy water. If Catholic, frequent receipt of the Sacraments helps a lot, as does the Holy Rosary.

If cornered, consider saying "Jesus, Mary and St. Michael the Archangel help me". I counsel against further ghost hunting. It will encourage the demons, who are experts at psychological warfare. Email me, if you need more, which you will. God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
JazzRaym (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
that's why its kind of haunted. You should always study about the house and location history before going to live there
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Pammy--Lake Superior creates a force field all its own, and there's more than one haunted house on its shores.
If your husband's family has owned this house since '69,are there others amonst them who might have had experiences such as yours? Your husband may not be sensitive or holding a defense for some reason, but others may be different.
Clever of you to use the extension bar, and great you captured some audio. Take it easy, take it scientifically as you are (good on you for your journal-keeping), and for gosh sakes, take a video recording device in October. The Gales of November come early.
~James
shinigamivixen (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Eep definitely haunted just be careful if this guy is territorial then things could definitely go messy no pun intended.
cguerra (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Of course this house is haunted. If you are sensitive to the paranormal then you realize that many places are. This being is very strong and can communicate easily. I hope you and your children stay safe. If you don't feel threatened then coexist. That's all you can do really. I believe that ghosts that are trapped in this plane are just that, trapped. And probably can't leave. But if he is territorial then be extra careful.
nowimangry12 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Well if all these past events happened then it is most likely the house is haunted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: