You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

Encounters

 

I live in the United States in Roseville, OH. I've lived here for most of my life and there have been many stories told about ghosts. I have always been a believer in ghost but it wasn't until lately that I have had any experiences with them. Some people say I'm crazy and others just think nothing of it. I know this is paranormal.

After my step dad died of cancer about a year ago things have been really bad in the house. Things will come up missing or be moved. My animals have been acting strange. Most of the things happen near my room upstairs. No one else seems to be having experiences but me. About 6 months ago I was here with my cousin, Jamie. It was about 10:00 pm. My mom was working and we were getting the garage locked up for the night.

We went outside and locked the garage side door and locked the slider door. We shut all the lights off and came inside. As soon as I shut the back door to the house something came flying across the kitchen and hit me in the arm. My cousin asked "what was that?" and I shook my head. We searched on the ground to find out what it was. We found a beer bottle cap on the floor. It was from the beer my mom's boyfriend had before he left for work that night.

We then heard some shuffling out back by the garage, so we opened up the back door. All the doors to the garage were open and all the lights were on. So we shut off the lights. Locked the doors and came back inside for the last time that night. The next morning I woke with a small, circled bruise on my arm.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, snickers_8134, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
It's always hard to lose a family member. I know I don't like it when people say 'Sorry.' when they find I've lost loved ones. I just never understood it. But that's just me. So I won't be saying sorry. Buy it is too bad, bless you. Firstly, did your stepfather & yourself have a good relationship? How long after his passing did your mother meet her new man & move on in her life? Your stepfather may resent it all. Feeling like everything he loved was unjustly torn from him. That's really sad. I would like to get to the bottom of it & resolve it right away. Also there may be a unkind spirit using all of this change & grief to screw with you. You seem to be open to it & it caught on & wants to ruin your life as well. Now I'm purely making a guess about this from the information given. I will totally pray for you 7 I hope you can answer some of our questions so we can give a better assessment & help you, if help is in fact what you are seeking. Bless you & yours. Much love.

~LSD~
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Snickers,
How close were you too your stepfather, and how do you feel about your mother's boyfriend? If you and your stepfather were close, he may be having a hard time understanding your acceptance of your mom's new man... Seems like more than a coincidence that he used her boyfriend's bottle cap to get your attention.

Lou
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
I'm seeing 2 possibilities here. One is that your father is trying to get your attention, maybe just to say "Hey, I'm still around and I love you." Alot of times when we ignore spirits, they will keep trying, getting more persistent as time goes on to get our attention. He may have thrown that cap because he knew something like that, with a witness present, would be impossible to ignore. As for the bruise? Ghosts are people too, and we have all been known to throw something a little harder than intended every once in a while.
The other possibility I see is this. Sometimes emotional upset will open us up to the paranormal, make us easier to approach. In this case, the activity may be caused by someone who you do not know, but still wants your attention. Visitations, whoever they may be from, will go about gaining attention in the same ways.
I'm sorry for your loss, I know it is not something that is easy to get over.
Blessings ❤
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
First I'm sorry for your lost. And I do think that it was your step father who throw out the beer cap... But the bruises is kind of weird why would your step father do that? Well if it is him, are you planning to exorcist it? I won't say anything about cleansing since I don't really know a lot about that stuff, and you didn't say that you need it, anyway do take care, and thanks for sharing your story... 😐

-Aya is Serious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: