You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Encounters Throughout My Life

Real Ghost Stories

Encounters Throughout My Life

 

My name is Rick and I'm 17 years old, I would like to just get straight to the story.

I use to live in a 2 floor house, I was about 5 at the time, and I had an imaginary friend named Robert, who was a war Hero. He carried a sword into battle and fought for his country (Present war times), what scared my mother is that Robert taught me how to make fire with 2 sticks, he taught me the sticks could not be wet - and you would have to constantly rub them together to make a flame. I do not remember these instructions I simply remember being outside with friends trying to rub 2 sticks together.

Then comes later. I woke up and I can't exactly remember if I was just waking up... Or reading one of my children's books. And for some reason what I saw next didn't shock me at all, I saw a figure of a man covered completely in television static peak through the door. It was crystal clear. My mother said she ran upstairs with her friend because she heard the door smash closed. I did not see the ghost smash the door closed, it was still open from what I remember. Robert continued to play a part in my life as an imaginary friend but no further haunting... Until we moved.

Two had died in this apartment and 1 expected of dying before we had moved here of old age or something. 1 was a lady who lived upstairs who died in a Hospital and my Great-Grandmother who died of old age in a spare bedroom.

This time we moved to an apartment, all was quiet we had plenty of pets and the lot to blame the sounds during the night on. We got a hold of my grandfathers tape recorder to mess around with (I was about 9-10 years old?) And jibber-jabber into the thing. I decided I didn't want to talk into it anymore so I went into the house next to me which was my grandparents. When I came back we replayed the tape for fun and what my mother heard next shocked her to the core... She asked a question, I have forgotten' what it was but it replied with "...yeaaaa..." in a VERY low voice. It shocked me so much I never touched the tape recorder again until later some years. I did and it still worked, I got scared again and all and tried to mess with it about a year later. Didn't work... The tape was all static. Totally blank.

Before I moved upstairs we where getting it ready for tenants. My uncle was up there cleaning it or something. He came back down and claimed he had seen a black shadow whoosh by and he fainted to the floor hard.

A year later I moved upstairs into the apartment.

We experienced something scary; we thought someone got into our attic!

We heard footsteps so my mother thought it would be a great idea to look up, and as soon as she did the footsteps begin SWOOSHING down the stairs and as my mother closed the door something was trying to open it, we got it locked and we didn't hear anything since, even after my grandfather AND uncle went to check the attic, nothing to be found.

Then we put a baby monitor up there, and it just so happens... We hear loud moaning. We decided to investigate later that week and found it had been a plastic cup or a piece of rubber? But I still find that strange.

Then comes the bigger hauntings, this was what my mother had seen and not me. My mother was in her room and saw the lady who died in the hospital in her room in a blue bathrobe. At the time my grandmother was exactly below where my mother saw the lady who died at the hospital.

Then comes the salt, my uncle was in the Attic as usual spending his time doing whatever. Now I don't know the exact story but for some reason he put salt on the floor and it ended outside on the windowsill? I will ask him later when he wakes up.

Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RRick, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sydneykaelyn9 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
At the first of your story, you talked about the "static" man. My cousin and I have seen the same thing. We were at her house and supposed to be asleep but we had stayed up what we thought was late. We heard someone coming down the hall to her room so we pretended to be asleep. We peeked at who was in a door way, it was a man. At first we thought it was her dad until we followed him and he passed her dad's room. We heard her dad snoring and we saw this man was made of static.
RRick (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
HardToScare432: No, I cannot. I have not been able to find the picture, the last I saw of it is when I lived in my apartment downstairs.
But I believe he was standing out a mound of dirt in a american army uniform with a gun strapped to his back and a sword in his right hand, pointing it towards the sky.

Binder1967: That's a really nice story, thanks for sharing that. Maybe you should head back for a visit and see if he still awaits you?
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
RRick: Would you be able to put the picture on here? Can you like take a picture of the picture and post it on another story and say that it is the picture of "Robert" in your story...
binder1967 (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
You should try to borrow a recorder and give er a shot again mate. Your family must be acceptable to paranormal activity for both of you to have expierenced an encounter. Maybe you should explore your expirences before you can't anymore with age you lose the ability to recognize the activity.

I had a imaginary friend too his name was bones. He told me he traveled the oceans for oportunity. He use to put holes in the pages of my school books under letters. He told me it was a way to tell his captain the directions to find what they have hidden in time to come. I don't understand what he meant. He also had a sword but would never let me touch it he said trust no one and fear no one and you will make it ok. He told me of a treasur he hid in a hole on a small island that took 5 seasons to make. I was told by bones he would take me to see the treasure he has hidden with the kid. I use to ask where is your son now can I play with him too. He said he has no child. I asked him well you said the kid. He would disapear whenever I question him anout his son. I still have my old math book that he wrecked and tore out pages and put a bunch of numbers on, that mean nothing its just jibberish. I was 9 when I moved because my parents split up and we moved away fron the coast of cape breton. When we moved bones didn't come with us. I miss the stories he would tell me... I would love to see him again
RRick (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
Just adding to the story a bit here, in the morning, or just going to bed, in the middle of night ect. My mother tells me she hears growling, and footsteps in the attic. This disturbs me and leads me to believe it's evil, I have noticed when we first moved in we fought a lot because I didn't like the apartment, that's when most of the activity started. Since then I have not said a word or argued with her and honestly, nothing interesting has happened around here besides the growling and footsteps in the attic.

[at] DARKNESS No, I no longer see Robert, I may have drew a picture about him standing on a mound of dirt with a army uniform on holding a sword to the sky, but that was I was about 9-10, actually I found that picture not to long ago. And as for EVP, I do not have a recorder, like I said it broke after trying to play it for the 3rd time.

As for everyone else thanks for the positive feedback! ❤
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
Aw good story!
Do you miss Robert? Lol I agree with jerryhend1 it must be interesting living with 'them' 😊
I think you should hav a crack at the EvP again tooO
❤ *LucK*
Lucy1 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
I am somewhat comforted to hear that you experienced a spirit manifested in static - or what we would call tv static. In my old house, among many other things, I would wake up with the noise and vision of static in my head. Sometimes I would hear it very loudly for a second and then it would go away. I went to the doctors about this but nothing was wrong - I'll write my own story about it soon.
This is a great account - very interesting and I enjoyed reading it. I hope you don't encounter anything that scares you again.
Lucy
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
Nothing like living in a hunted house a, never a dull moment...
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
There some pretty freaky encounters RRick sounds as though there is still something left behind in your home, I bet your mum really freaked out seeing that lady in the blue bath robe. So you no longer see Robert am I correct? These other hauntings want to get your attention and to be acknowledged maybe they need help crossing over or are not prepared to leave just yet. Maybe you could try EVP again with the voice recorder and see what happens. All the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: