You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Happenings - Looking For Answers

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Happenings - Looking For Answers

 

Strange things started happening when I was younger, I used to get awakened up in the middle of the night by what felt like a hard slap in the face... Which would leave my face burning for a half an hour or so until I fell asleep but never saw anything? This happened twice a year or so but stopped once I got a bit older. It freaked me out, but I couldn't explain it other than I may have slapped myself in the face during the night (even though my hands were both under my pillow cause I sleep on my stomach with my arms under my pillow).

Little things have happened over the years like watching TV and it would turn off, and feeling like I was being watched. But recently my boyfriend started staying over every night and in the first month we were going through his pictures on his phone and we came across a strange picture of a woman figure. The figure was blurry but it looked like a tall, naked woman with long black hair. It was definitely taken in my basement just outside my room because the carpet was the same color and I have a toy box outside my room and it was in the picture. The weird part was he does not remember taking it at all and my family is pretty short, this woman was taller than anyone in my family or friends and had long black hair, no one has long black hair I know. A few months later I had a weird dream that my house was possessed by a woman, and the dream took place in my bedroom, (I have a bunch of pictures of my boyfriend and I and friends on my wall) and in the dream the people in the pictures look demented or deadish from what I remember.

The next night, my boyfriend was going to the washroom and there was a roll of toilet paper on the toilet paper holder... He said that it started to unravel quickly... Then got faster and faster then just stopped. We told my parents about this and my dad said he has had that happen before. We don't have a draft in my house. Then that night my dad went to bed early, and when my mom came in the TV was on and my dad woke up (it was 1 ish and they had to work the next morning) and he asked her why she turned on the TV. She didn't. And he didn't either he went straight to sleep when he went to his room. He says he feels like someone is watching him sometimes.

When things started happening again, I couldn't sleep no matter how hard I tried I always felt like I was being watched. And when I did close my eyes and start to sleep I would see visuals that you would see from horror movies. It got to the point where I had to take sleeping pills to get to sleep but even then id wake up feeling like someone was watching me and had creepy dreams.

But recently, I don't have the feeling of being watched at night or have weird dreams anymore... I'm just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this... Because I'm not really sure what to think of it. Your comments will be appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bugergirl1990, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Hi;

Sounds like demonic harassment, in the relatively early stages. Fear, chaos, and confusion are all tell tale. I recommend Catholic holy water, especially at night.

3 am - 6 am are the psychic hours. Demons are more active then. Dark shadows are demonic, not ghosts, i.e. Earth bound spirits. If Catholic, hit maas, confession, etc. Frequently.

Whether Catholic or not, say "Jesus, mary and St. Michael help me". Watch the reaction. Best. Dukes2352 [at] Aol.com.
Desire_touch (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
😕 Naked women eh... That doesn't sound soo good... If the lady wasn't dead in the house then you can try frying red peppers in your house, it keeps them away but if she was dead in the house don't use the pepper method... Its all about respecting their "space"...
BeliverUnbeliver86668 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
I don't know what to tell but I had a wierd feeling like someone was hollding my T-shirt when I was on my bike I thoguht its just a friend of mine that was scarying me but when I looked he was way too far when I looked in my back and I yelled "Let go of me" it was like someone wanted to tell me something X_x.
bugergirl1990 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
the picture is hard to explain... Can someone please help me as to how to upload the picture to the post?
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
Moongrim LMAO 😆 😆

Bugergirl other than the photo of a naked wowan, the other things you said can be explain easily (note: I'm not saying that its not true) anyway is the naked woman solid?:o Updated us please!

-Aya Winchester
bugergirl1990 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
my family has lived here for 18 years. My neighbors are new here too, well atleast havnt lived here that long before us. The house is only about 50 years old. I'm going to try and add the picture to this post if I can still do it. I didn't have the picture downloaded on the computer I posted this on.
gharr20 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
wooooooo scary things like that have happened to me before too but on my friends phone and it was a video not a photo 😲 😲
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
I would be very interested to hear more about the history of your home. When was it built, was your family the first owners?

How old were you when the feelings started and how old were you when they stopped? You said the feelings stopped, did the dreams and visuals stop as well?

Has anyone else had that sort of trouble sleeping in the home?
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
Thanks for sharing your story. First I would like to ask a question & not to you but to Alesana_Kats I'm sorry but just 1 question.
Alesana_Kats, you mentioned that someone died in your house but the body was never found, right? If the body was never found then how would anyone know that someone in fact died there? I am NOT being rude I'm just curious & a bit confused.

Anyway, Burgergirl This story or stories are interesting. When did it all stop for you? & did it stop for everyone else as well? As far as the paper towels & other things goin down. Like the T.V. Have you found out any history on the house or asked neighbors if they know anything at all? I would, just to get a little bit of an idea of what it could be. Bless you & yours. Much love 😁 I know this is a weak comment, lol! Not my best, but I really didn't know what to say. Lol!

~LSD~
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
I'm guessing the woman in the photo had that "translucent" look that most ghost pictures have. If she had looked solid, I bet the author would not have been amused lol.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
Well I must say you're one awfully non-suspicious young lady.

You find a phonephoto on your boyfriends' phone of a naked lady in your house and you have no problem accepting his explanation for it's being there.

Buck naked ghosts are a rarity. Most often they are clothed. (Which is strange when you think about it. Such would mean that clothing has a spirit to it as well.)

So, if there be a female ghostie, more than likely she was naked when she died. Which leads to the question of what she was doing when she died.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
The dreams may have been a result of the stress and tension of feeling watched by something you couldn't identify. Possibly your subconscious playing out your fears to make your conscious mind better able to deal with the situation.
The picture sounds like a very interesting bit of evidence. Would have been awesome if that been attached to the story.
It sounds like pretty basic haunted house stuff to me. The only potentially troubling aspect is the dreams, but those very well could be your subconscious talking to you. The slaps, well, boring personal experience time. I woke up one morning with a bloody gross scratch on my chin. I was pretty freaked out, then I noticed that beneath my fingernail was a bloody flap of skin. I usually sleep with one arm stretched out beside me, the other curled under my pillow. That night I guess I was thrashing around quite a bit and gave myself a nasty gash. My point being, sometimes we act out in our sleep, without being aware of it, and smack ourselves around a bit. It isn't always a sign of the paranormal.
Sometimes ghostly presences will go away for awhile, and show back up. Other times they just sort of fade away for good. Maybe the one in your home has moved on.
Alesana_Kats (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
Wow. I know exactly what you are going through. There is something in my house. We just moved here last year, and weird things are happening to us. I can sometimes see them, and hear them. It's very weird and creepy, and won't leave me alone. I'm trying to find away to get rid of them. I researched my house, and someone had died in it. The body was never found. I think there's some kind of connection between you and the problems you're facing. There's a way to get rid of them. I just know it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: