You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Grandparents Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandparents Haunted House

 

This is the first story of my experiences that I have submitted to this site and I am keen for other people's opinion on it.

I am 19 years old and have experienced quite a few weird events in my short life to which I cannot explain, I do not make myself out to be a someone open to such things in fact I hate the experiences and have many stories but this particular one is about my grandparents house.

Now quite a few events have happened with in this house and I'll give you some background on the place.

My grandparents are the second owners of their house which happens to be now close to 45 years old, they knew the previous owners and neither couple can explain the happenings within the house nor do they wish to talk about it and to their knowledge there have been no deaths on the property.

Now the occurrences that I have experienced have happened to me and my mother over a number of years in which we did not feel a need to tell my younger siblings.

Starting with my mother's experience growing up in the house she experienced stomping up and down the long corridor off the house late at night and when no one else was within the house when I asked her to explain it she said that it sounded like someone wearing cement shoes stomping down the corridor I have also experienced this noise late at night every time I have stayed at the house.

Furthermore whenever we look after the house when they are away and we check up on it after dark (rare as it is for us to do so) there is the worst feeling within the house to the point where my mother couldn't stand it and would send me in to turn on all the lights before she would come in. The feeling itself was of absolute dread and very cold.

Continuing on with the occurrences when I was younger and would stay at the house I would experience a light on top of the cupboard in the back room but when I sat up to get a better look it would disappear.

Also within the house many appliances would turn themselves on and continue to rise in volume until turned off such as the radio, TV.

But the most prominent of these appliances turning on was the blender at odd times of the night this would occur a number of times during my stays at the house.

The only place within the house that feels normal was the extension that my grandparents put on themselves some years after they bought the house.

My grandparents refuse to talk about it and I now refuse to stay but still have the obligation of protecting my siblings when they stay in the house.

Has anyone got any ideas about what this could be?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, matt10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-11)
I know this story is old, but just wanted to share something here. I've been looking to get a new blender, and have been reading product reviews. One woman stated in her review that she and her husband purchased a blender, took it home, plugged it in, and it turned itself on. Thinking it was a fluke, they decided to keep the blender. However, over a period of a few months it would occasionally turn itself on. So maybe this is a product defect? Was this particular blender plugged in? If not, I could see why it was a scary experience. But if it was already plugged in when it turned on, it might be just a defective blender.
blizzard43 (40 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
uh matt10 you might want to have a paranormal team look at that like T.A.P.S (the atlantic parnormal socity) so put it in to conciteration 😊
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
First thing first, it doesn't mean that if there's no death in the house, there will be no spirit, spirit sometimes aren't predictable, they can go anywhere they pleased, my theory is that, this house was silence most of the time so the ghost/spirit are attracted to it, (correct me if I'm wrong) anyway do take care...

-AYA LOVE YOITE
Oh crap, my food went cold, haha...
X0XjammyX0X (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
your grandparents might not want to acknowledge it becacuse they know something you don't and don't want to cause anymore trouble, or they have something to do with the spirt. Any of these could be possible but it is more or less because they don't believe in ghosts or don't want to believe that their home is haunted and believe there is a rastional explanation.
Just be careful as this spirt may just not be as nice and friendly as it has been so far. Things may get worse and if they do you need to try and convince your grandparents to move. Please keep us posted, and looking forward to hear anymore stories if anything else happens.

Thanks for sharing your story.
matt10 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
as for the blender I have never freaked out so much In my life I don't think, they don't leave it out in more
matt10 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
thanks for the reply guys in response to your question Darkness I do believe that they try to avoid the subject as to not acknowledge the fact it is happening. As for the part of australia its in south australia in adelaide the capital of the state if that helps.
And misty would there have to be someting bad happen in the house or to my grandparents for something like this to happen I'm not sure how these things work?
Misty (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
sounds like it could be a haunting or possibly a polgertice... (dont think I spelled that rite) lol but I hope you know what I mean... Other then that its possible that it could just be ghost who are traped
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Of all things electrical to turn on it had to be the blender didn't it the scariest of them all lol. Sounds quite freaky why won't your grandparents want to talk about it? Is it because they don't want to acknowledge it possibly?. Can I ask whereabouts in Australia this is? Keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: