You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Aunt Beth... Is That You?

Real Ghost Stories

Aunt Beth... Is That You?

 

The story I'm about to tell isn't scary, but odd and rather exciting for me.

While using the Ouija board, my friend, Amber, her uncle, Ryan, and I were home alone, downstairs. Before playing, we read official rules for us to stay safe. We lit candles and began.

Conversation:

Me: Hello, I am our speaker. I will be the one who will communicate for us. Is anyone there?

The candles began flickering like crazy.

Board: Yes.

The pancetta was moving slowly.

Me: Do you live here?

Board: No.

Me: Do you know the people that live here?

Board: Yes.

Amber: Hey, ask if it's my Aunt Beth (Beth isn't her real aunts name, I just forgot it.)

Aunt Beth died in a car crash when she was 55. At this time, though, everyone had forgotten what age she really was when she died.

Me: Are you Amber's Aunt Beth?

Board: Yes.

Amber and Ryan then became excited and started asking questions, forgetting I was the speaker (I'm not sure if the caused anything. If so, please comment and tell me.).

They asked how old she was when she died.

Board: 55.

Me: Is that true guys?

Amber and Ryan: I don't remember...

We began feeling somewhat uncomfortable so we were going to take a break to get a drink and a snack.

Me: We are going upstairs for a couple minutes. Will you be there when we come back?

Board: Yes.

We then went to "Goodbye" and ran upstairs. We were discussing everything and questions of if anyone was moving it or if they believed it. We all claimed (and saw each other) that we took our fingers off the planchette to prove we were not moving it.

We finished our drinks and left to go back downstairs. The candles were still flickering when we were settled. Then we began again.

Me: Is anyone there?

Board: Yes.

Me: Is this still Aunt Beth?

Board: Yes.

Me: Did you follow us upstairs?

Board: Yes.

Me: Where are you sitting right now?

No movement.

Me: Are you beside Ryan?

Board: No.

Me: Are you beside Amber and me?

Board: Yes.

Ryan began getting excited and suggested we take a picture with it.

Me: Beth, may we take a picture with you?

Board: Yes.

Ryan snapped a picture.

We asked if she was happy where she was and she replied yes. Most of the rest of the conversation has been lost within my mind. I wanted to see the picture.

We finally said Goodbye and then downloaded the pictures.

In the picture, there is Me, Amber, and a white orb. Right in the middle. I freaked when I saw, and I was super excited. I believed there truly was a ghost talking to us that day.

When Amber's grandma came home, we asked if she remembered how old Aunt Beth was when she died. "Yes, I remember... 55 I believe."

Years later, I read a story about a boy who made friends with a ghost that said that other ghosts lie about being someone. Then I thought about Aunt Beth. Was she a fake? Was a ghost impersonating her?

This still burns in my brain.

What do you guys believe?

Other hauntings by Brenna

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brenna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BunnyPanda (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
It's the year of 2012 and I still don't see the picture you were saying about lol:) but I'm glad that you guys got to communicate with Aunt Beth. And I wonder... Did you guys ever communicate with her after the snapshot?
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
many people think that ghost can read your mind, and even find answers that you think are forgotten... Makes you think.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was to convinse man that he didn't exist...
p-a-s-d-e-c-h-e-v-a-l (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
I'm still completely unsure about the spirits contacted via ouija boards, their intentions and their true identity. I've been reading many experiences but the unknown truth just sustains curiosity! And I feel accompanied by your comment from a month ago. Most of the users browsing the site a few years ago are inactive nowadays. I wish you good luck on whatever occurances have yet to come.
Brenna (2 stories) (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Sorry everyone! I completely forgot about the picture! I will get it up ASAP!
scribbl3r (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
I'm a natural skeptic, so I'm not if I would have believed it to be the woman you were trying to contact. It could have been anyone, IMO. Then again, who am I to say? Just glad it all went smoothly for you. I hear messing with those things can bring about some awful consequences. 😕
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
I think it could have been aunt beth. You should upload the picture! I'm sure everyone would love to see it.
silvergate7 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
when are you going to upload the photo with the ghost or aunt beth
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
As many previous posters have mentioned I also do not believe that this was "Aunt Beth". As much as you would like to believe it was true I honestly think it was another entity deceiving you, a scene and event that is all to common these days.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
grassdance - wtf? That was random, lol.

Thanks for sharing your experience. In my honest opinion, I don't think that the spirit you communicated with was "Aunt Beth". It was very likely a spirit posing as her to keep your attention. I'm not necessarily saying it was a demon or an evil spirit, but it could be one that was lonely and thought it might be welcome into your home if it posed as Aunt Beth.

As always, it's best to take every precaution when traveling into uncharted territory, and since nothing bad happened since then, it seems that you did things the proper way.
grassdance (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
If you want to keep yourself from satan maybe someone could read the bible whilst using the Ouija and see if it really is a spirit and not a demon. 😆
silvergate7 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
ok thanks a lot and good luck with your aunt I hope it is her and not something else
blizzard43 (40 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
i need to tell you something sometims orbs can be dust or just a ball of energy so if it is a ball of energy it may be a ghost it may not 😐
Brenna (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
[at] silvergate7 No, you won't need to go to a link, it'll show thew picture small, then you click it and it goes bigger.

[at] Aya-Love-Carrots Very true, but I'm also not sure if ghost can know that about another ghost even though the human may not.
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
Eh? Eh? What? 😆 I don't know what to say... But I think its her... Why? Because even tho spirits can read mind, how did she/he know the age of your aunt beth, when none of you know it? Hahaha...:P

-Aya Love Yoite
silvergate7 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
so we would be able to see it from this link? Sorry for the many questions
Brenna (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
I will send it to the site and they should be posting it up with this story
silvergate7 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
well we will wait for the pic and because I am new where will you post the pic
Brenna (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Just to make this perfectly clear:
We did read the rules of how to be safe and what not. So we were sure to end the conversation properly. The ghost showed no evil (even though it could've been lying or pretending to be nice) and there were no problems in the house afterwards.
I also appreciate everone's comments:D
And I will try to get the picture from Ryan.
(I must warn you, we look rediculous:P)
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Secret knowledge is not proof of authenticity. Some victims are desperate to believe the experiences are real because they deeply miss a deceased loved one they believe they are really communicating with. Their emotional reaction to the experiences can overwhelm their ability to see the truth about what's really happening, especially if they hear something from their allegedly deceased loved one that was secret information that they wrongly believe nobody else could have known. Please check out this web site. I know the man who did it & have taught with him nation wide at many different ministries. Bless you & yours. MCL.
Http://www.creationists.org/spirits.html

Butterflygreen[at]aim.com is my email if you have any questions. God bless.

~LSD~
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Wow, I Hope To See more stories from you 😁! I love to read them and they are exciting 😊 I am hoping to post a story of my own soon!
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
I'd say I hope you did some sort of cleansing of the board afterwards, and of yourselves, so that nothing negative flowed through the doorway opened by the board. If you truly did take the precautions required, I'd say you have little to be afraid of, but just be careful. At the first sign of a haunting in the house, get it blessed, maybe hang a blessed crusafix/religous symbol in your home.

I think it would be hard for a ghost to impersonate your aunt - the ghost knew her age, and most creepy spirits will not be so nice as to remain and wait for you to come back. I would love to see this orb. I read somewhere, that the more "pure" the color of the orb, ie pink, white, yellow, green, blue, the more likely the orb was to be of a friendly entity. Silvers and golds are not uncommon for friendly entities, either. Reds, blacks, browns, and oranges are normally the "evil" ones.

Post the picture when you can!
silvergate7 (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
well you never know you should ask more personal informations and you shouldn't say a name because if any ghost impersonated her you helped it oh and good luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: