You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Guardian?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Guardian?

 

I am a serious 17 years old, so don't get put off because I'm young. A couple years back I was going through some tough stuff, right after I found out my father was dying. This is a two part story, because it had two sides to it. I'll post the second side later. This is the good side.

There was a dark presence in the house. Everyone down to the dog could feel it. I have always been sensitive to ghosts, and it was making me sick. I couldn't sleep at night. I could barely function in the day light hours.

Three days into it, my room gained a sheltered feel to it. It was like a sanctuary, but I didn't know why. It felt like I could breathe again. The freedom was overwhelming. Even my mom felt something different. The dark thing left, but for months the good feeling in my room remained.

I was doing something in my room, probably reading or drawing, and got up. I saw a man standing by my closet. He was the source of good feeling, because I wasn't scared of anything. On the contrary I felt far calmer than I had for weeks. I only caught a glimpse of him, but I'll never forget what he looked like. He was probably a little over six feet tall, dark brown hair, dark eyes, and middle aged. He had a slightly scruffy look to him, and had a shadow of a beard coming in. I've never seen him before in my life, and I described him to my mom because she's really knowledgeable about ghosts. She didn't know.

I saw him a couple more times near my closet door, always watching everything, but I never once got that hunted 'I'm being watched' look. He was always a source of great comfort to everyone except my dad.

I saw him once by an olive tree in my backyard. He was facing the house in the morning when I went to get breakfast, about seven o'clock. Mom was in the kitchen too, and I told her to look out the window. I didn't say why in case he wasn't there, because then I would have felt a little foolish. She looked and saw him for sure, but all she said was. 'That's him.' I'm like 'no duh mom.' But I was pleased she saw him too.

My mother was the last person to ever see him again. My sleepless nights were mounting again, and it was around eleven at night and she was going to the bathroom. The next morning she asked me if I slept well. I was a little puzzled, but said yes. Then she described to me what she saw last night as she went past my open door. I guess he was sitting on my bed, keeping watch in a way. He had on some old army drab, and mom told me I looked really peaceful.

His presence was there off and on for the next three years or so. But now he's gone, and I miss him terribly. I had gotten accustomed to him. I could tell if he was in a room as soon as I walked into it. I talked to him, told him stories. He was always the silent listener, but I knew he was, in fact, listening.

Will he ever come back? I've always had problems sleeping, and have been terrified of things in the night. He was like a balm to those fears, kind of like a guardian or a friend. Even my mom and sisters miss him. The things in my house are driving me up the wall and now he's not here anymore. For about a year, he has been gone. I feel foolish and a little selfish, but mostly like a lost little kid. Will he come back? Sometimes I ask him to come back. Has he, well, moved on? Please tell me what to think. I miss my ghostie friend. Sounds silly, huh?

Other hauntings by Noelle11

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Noelle11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Noelle11 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
Thanks everyone.:) It was really nice getting to hear what you all had to say. To answer one question, he was in Vietnam gear the one time mom saw him in it.
My mom is able to talk to the dead really well. She can easily communicate with her grandfather, and others, and three days ago the house was just filled with ghosts because she asked them to come. I can't see or hear them generally, but I asked her about him, and descrided him agian. Then a woman told me, through mom, a little about him.
I learned that he was indeed from the vietnam era, but he hated the war. That not how he died, and he never reinlisted. He was a passifist in a way. Mom could never really talk to him becuase he was more of an observer than a talker. He is tied to our house because his best childhood fried used to live here, and I guess he spent more time here than his own house. He followed me because he was interested in me, and knew we all needed a little help. It is very difficult for him to come back, but the lady who told my mother this (She didn't know his name) said he would try. My father banished him, along with all the other ghosts, so it used to be hard for anyone to make contact. I'm starting to believe that's why he left, because of dad. I never knew that until my mom told me. We had a long talk on him.
Thanks everyone. This has been an unique expirience for me. 😊
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
It's not really silly. If he protected you as you slept and when you were in your room, and also made you feel safe from the dark presence, I wouldn't blame you for missing the spirit. I wish I had a guardian of my own...

(I;d like to say something here, since I can not post a story to the site) That I think there is a little boy and little girl ghost following me.
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Just for clarification when you saw him was he in Drabs in if so why style and era were they from?
Just interested in that sort of thing also do you know if any serious actions have occoured in your area?

Regards,
~Shadead.
Northie (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Your story sounds like you have been lucky enough to encounter one of your spirit guides / guardian angels.

Some people - who I consider to be more knowledgeable of the spirit world than I am - have told me that you may have many different spirit guides through out your life - each coming in to help you through part of your life, each with their own speciality.

This spirit has helped you and your family, and has given you and your family what you need to continue into the future. Like a couple of other replies have said - identify what you have learned from this guide and put it into practice. They can only show you the door - it's up to you to open it and walk through it.

If this was a spirit guide it is rare that it allowed it's self to be seen by another, or that it presented it's self to another.

Thanks for sharing - I'm interested to read the second side to your experiences.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
It's not silly to miss him.
We all have guardians watching over us. Sometimes we even get to see them like you did. It's possible that he stayed close to comfort you and strengthen you for as long as he felt you needed his strength. After awhile, maybe he felt you had gained enough strength to stand without him, and he faded into a less noticeable presence. My guess is that he is never far away from you, but that he is now watching over you from a less obvious perspective.
It's not a great analogy, but think of guardians sort of like training wheels on a bicycle for a minute. The guardians are there to keep you stable, keep you from falling, until you learn your "balance," your way of dealing with the paranormal. After you start to learn your balance, the guardians start slipping further into the background and watch how well you do on your own. They are never far away, but they want you to be able to stand without them. Stay strong. Be brave. Show that you learned what he had to teach. Should he feel that you truly need him there in a more obvious way, you will see him again.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
I agree with everyone here so far, it's definately not silly. We all have moments like that. Maybe speak out loud (in a private place so your mum or anyone don't think your crazy, lol) and ask him either to come and protect you or why he left. He may be an ancestor or someone that protects you.
Love and Light be with you always 😁
yey_aika (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
This is really nice. I don't think this is silly at all. In fact, it's really neat. Maybe your friend came to you in your time of need. I have heard stories where people would have friendly spirits visit them in their time of need. But because you said you felt an dark presence in your home, perhaps he was there to block off that presence. He may come back or he may not. He could have moved on, but there is a possibility that you will see him again if he did not. Do you still feel a dark presence in your home? Thank you for sharing. 😊

-Aika
ambernsue (10 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
No, missing your "ghostie friend" does not sound silly at all. As a matter o fact, he (could) be your ghost gardian, but you also might want to look up a spirit guide... Just in case. I hope everything works out just fine!

Lizzy
Thumpersgirl (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
That's not silly at all. I think its very sweet. I wish you could've found out who he was & why he was there. That's really cool how you truly had a ghost friend. I have yet to meet a friendly one. I seem to attract the creepy, mean ones. Have you tried communicating in any way with him? Thank you for your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: