You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Guardian? 2

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Guardian? 2

 

This is the second and darker part of my first story, about the spirit I knew nothing about who appeared one day to help me.

The reason I think my guardian came was because of this:

My dad wasn't the best person, and for a while he had an angry ghost stalking him. I don't know if it was related, but I think it was because he was so horrible. This presence in the house was utterly terrifying to everyone living there, including the dog.

I was the first one to see him. He was a dark shadow, sitting on my dad's bed, hunched over with his elbows on his knees, just waiting. All he ever did was wait around, following dad. He never physically did any harm, but everyone was scared. We couldn't stand being in the house alone.

Once my sisters and I were out of the house for the night, my parents were talking about it in the front room. My dad and mom both have always been very in tune to ghost, something I have never mastered as amazingly as they have. But they noticed it was following dad just as I did, and dad convinced my mom to race it to his bed room. She agreed with some prompting, fearing it like the rest of us. They raced down the hall, only to have it follow them at such a speed, it went through them and beat them to my dad's room.

Having this particular ghost go through you is really a horrible thing. My mom burst into tears when it happened. It only happened to me once, and with was just total despair and cold. But the ghost never hurt us.

The thing stayed, until my father grew agitated and banned him. I have developed a friendship in a way with another ghost, who was also banned from the property. For some reason my dad's word was law, and another ghost could not cross the property line with out much energy and help from my mom.

One more thing that may be vital to this occurrence: My father was dying. Could this have been some sort of collector, or even a grim reaper of sort? I was confused and scared, but it never hurt us, only set us on edge. The only one it effected badly was my dad, who didn't like it at all and was downright terrified of him.

Thanks, Hope you all have some awesome comments.

Other hauntings by Noelle11

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Noelle11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DCinAZ (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Please just take my theory with a grain of salt. Remember, it's just a theory... What if this darker spirit came to protect others from your father? You said he (your dad) wasn't the best person and horrible (?). Now, if the spirit was there to hold your dad's temper back wouldn't it have to present itself in such a way for your dad to take it seriously? It didn't really bother anyone else, right? Other than your knowledge of it's presence, it sounds like it was pretty much ignoring everyone but your dad. Especially the 'race' to the bedroom, it HAD to get there first! Otherwise it wouldn't be doing it's job now would it? Please let me know what you think, I also had a dad that 'wasn't very nice' and this story really grabbed me right from the first sentence. I have a theory about the other 'nice' spirit but I think I'll wait on that one.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
I agree with what blue-raven has posted, I also think that this spirit may have been attached to your father because of the condition he was in, and also becuase you mentioned he was afraid of this spirit. It would have been feeding off the negative enegy and emotions that your father would have been possibly emmiting.
Im glad he eventually cast it away, that would have been a great burden off his shoulders.
I wish you good luck with your ghost also.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
I have read your stories and I can say that it could be 2 different spirits. You mentioned that your dad dislike the spirit and banned it, right? In my opinion, since your dad is firm with the rules they can't actually do anything about it. But since you mentioned also that your dad is dying, it could be that the shield that he used to cover his love ones are starting to weaken. Well, this is just my opinion.

Keep us posted.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: