You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Bang In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

Bang In The Night

 

My first encounter happened a long time ago.

To begin with my Grandfather had given me this old antique doll that belonged to my great grandmother. I used to keep it as a door stop (I know not really respectful) I would sit it down and I would wake up in the morning and it would be standing. I eventually gave it to my dad who found humor out of the doll. One night he taped a knife in the dolls hand and put it at my stepmoms bedside. This totally freaked her out so we threw it away because we were all freaked out.

Another time was in a different house my friends and I were at her house and we were watching a haunting. We were freaked out but we LOVED the show (and still do). So after awhile of watching the show we tried to contact her great grandfather that she knew for maybe a year or two. We got one of his pictures and a cross he gave them. We started out by calling him by his full name and asked him to knock. After awhile of hearing nothing we decided to quit but right when we were about to pick up everything up we heard a knock we were all creeped out and picked up everything and left the room.

My second was when my sister and I were unpacking our suit case (my parents are divorced) and my dog who is a red nose Pit-bull freaked out and ran to my bedroom door (my house is where you walk in and there's the living room then you turn right and there's a hall leading to my bedroom) and jumped on it. I opened the door and she ran in and started barking at the wall. I didn't care and continued to unpack. As months went by my dog would bark at corners continuously. After a year we moved out and moved into a house that was built in 1952 (not that old). As soon as we moved in weird stuff started to happen.

First my Room was the coldest in the whole house and my dog hated to be in there. My dog barked at the left corner of my room which is right by my bed which freaked me out. Also my stepmom was in her room, I was in the living room, and my sister and dad were in my room. We were all watching TV when my stepmom yelled STOP! My dad yelled for me to stop bugging her and I told him that I wasn't even with her. I went in their room and asked her what was wrong and she said to stop banging on the wall I explained how no one was banging and she was confused. I then switched off the T.V and went in the room with her. We sat there watching T.V when we both heard a bang and it continued for about an hour. We discussed it and called in my Dad when he stepped in the room it stopped. My stepmom and I were in awe. He told us we were crazy and left. Then my sister came in with us and the noise started we listened and the bang changed into a sawing noise like as if someone was sawing into dry wall. My dog suddenly growled at the air vent. We called my dad back in and it stopped. He stayed with us and eventually left and of course the noises started again. We told him to go in the attic and look so he grabbed his gun and a big flash light. He came back and said nothing was there we were shocked. A couple months later...

My dog and I were on the couch and my sister was in the shower (we were the only ones home). All the sudden the big pan in the kitchen flew across the room and broke into two. I picked it up and threw it away. Then when my stepmom was washing the dishes and had put the clean ones aside. Then the glass lid to a pot exploded and glass flew everywhere. No one was hurt but she was freaked out, we told my dad and he just shrugged it off.

A lot of stuff has happened at my dad's but only one thing at my moms. I was in my room picking out my clothes when all the sudden I heard someone whisper my name. I said that's not funny Elizabeth *note not her real name*. I got no answer I walked in her room and no one was there then I walked through the whole house and found her in the bathroom across the house with my mom getting her hair done.

I don't know if I'm paranoid or if something's actually haunting me and my Family.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beccataz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

argie777 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
maybe in that time, your really flipping out! Cause it so scary,.
xdannyx117x (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Yeah not a good idea to be contacting the dead you never know what state of mind their in or what their emotions are
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Hi Beccataz, Moongrim is right, please don't take this as an insult, but to run away from something you called without ended it is dangerous. Our humans is forever interested in the unknown, me too. We must be very careful of what we want to explore, and the fact that if we can handle it. As for me, gee... I'm a sissy to scare to try and call the dead so I rather don't. To be honest if I called and hear a knock I would also run, that would be too much for me so I understand why you ran. For your father I think he's not sensitive for the paranormal he doesn't sense it, but for sure he's got a great sense of humour I must say I like him in the way he makes a joke and protects his family. The voice you hear I know it's freaky, the same happened with me. I ignored it and it went away. Thanks for sharing your story was nice reading it. ❤
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
You started a communication but you didn't formally end it.

You'll have to start again with the communication, and officially end the conversation (s). You've essentially left your 'front door' open so to speak.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
guess that's what you get for playing knock down ginger with the dead, don't call on them just to run away when they answer I know you can open a porthole in a place, maybe you can open yourself too.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: