You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: What Went Bang In The Night?

Real Ghost Stories

What Went Bang In The Night?

 

As a psychic medium and founder of simply ghost nights, a ghost hunting event company. I frequently get invited to private houses where the occupant of the house believes there may be paranormal activity going on in their home.

Obviously paranormal activity is not present in every house I visit, sometimes the banging is down to everyday things, such as radiators and central heating pipework banging, and timbers expanding and contracting. So before I begin an investigation, I proceed and do a thorough check of the house, for what I class as 'normal' everyday noises. But as a psychic medium I am also attempting spirit communication whilst carrying out the preliminary investigation, once I have established if there is a spirit there, I then make communication to gather who this lost soul is.

The spirit could be a deceased relative just 'popping in' every now and again to see if their loved one is ok, or it could be a spirit tied to the building or an object in the house.

I was requested to pay a visit to a house locally, where the owner claimed to be having in her words, "a hell of a lot of activity". She stated that large ornaments were been moved cups and glasses thrown to the floor on a night, and doors banging and slamming shut.

At first I was a little sceptical of such wild claims by the lady; however on initial inspection of this old two up two down Victorian building, I noticed that the whole of the upstairs was much colder than downstairs, especially in the main bedroom. I instantly knew from my medium ship that there was in fact a spirit in the house.

I then began communication with the spirit, I gleamed that he was gentleman spirit who had lived in the house many years ago, but now he was very angry with the current owner of the house, as she had, had some major renovations done on 'his' home. She had in fact re-mordernised the bathroom and had a dividing wall taken out between the two rooms downstairs.

This had actually infuriated this lost soul, to the point that he was indeed carrying out all the paranormal activity, that the lady had claimed was going on. I then with the help of both my guides Simo, and the Doctor, proceeded to help this gentleman to the light and the other side.

After we had asked the gentleman to go the light and he had done, the house instantly felt lighter and the heavy cold presence that was upstairs had lifted. The current owner phoned last week to say that the house is still quiet and there is no paranormal activity at all.

Thank you for reading my ghost story by Stuart Dawson.

Other hauntings by Simplyghostnights

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simplyghostnights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
great post glad to see not all ghost hunters jumping to "its paranormal" first look forward to next posting
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-01)
SGN: I, too, enjoyed this story for the same reasons as Miracles stated... It very hard to get people to look at the logical explanations prior to deeming occurances as paranormal (guilty! 😊)...I'm one of those who thinks "paranormal" first, then I investigate! LOL 😆...

Great account, going in my faves!...Looking forward to reading more from you ❤
Simplyghostnights (27 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
Thank you for the positive comments and I will definetly be posting more of my paranormal experiences whether they are in private houses or on an event with Simply ghost nights. Stu xx
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-30)
Simplyghostnights - I enjoyed reading your story for a couple of reasons. One was when you stated that sometimes the paranormal sounds in homes are actually part of the everyday "normal" sounds in homes and went on to give examples. Thank you. Another thing I enjoyed was you didn't end with a line like "Contact us...we'll help you." You submitted a ghost story, which I enjoyed.

Most people don't realize that when you make renovations on a home, especially an older home, you very possibly are disturbing someone who still "lives" there. They may have died, but they just might not have crossed over. These "people" see all the changes being made to their home and have the typical reaction anyone one have. Who the hell are you and what are you doing to MY home? Seriously, how would anyone react? You'd try to get rid of the intruders the only way you can. Make a LOT of noise. There've been a couple of stories on here where the "homeowner" wasn't as nice.

I'm glad you and your guides were able to help the older man move on and give the woman back HER home. I hope you submit more stories.
Nala_Lioness15 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
I've always watched ghost hunting programmes. It was so cool to see how they discover the paranormal. I, myself, persionally had ghostly experiences. I once had that 'bride' spirit in my house, and a friend told me of a bride that was killed in a nearby village near my town. It is freaky, but true. I didn't even brush my teeth, I just stormed under the covers and managed to crack a call to my dad xD

Anyways, nice story, I have a lot to post, too. Once the posts are open... XD

Take Care! ❤
DnD (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
i want to learn more about western ghost, trust me it really different with the ghost in my country. Interesting.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Thanks 😊
I sort of hung out here reading for a while before I signed up as well. I love a lot of the stories here, they make me think lol. A couple have made me cry.
rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
good point Badjuujuu. Lesson learned.
Definately do not want to give these young ones any ideas.
I have been reading the stories on this site for about 2 years now and finally decided it was time to join. I really enjoy some of the stories on here including yours.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Ignore her Rachie, she's just practicing her troll skills. Please don't give her any fresh ideas. 😭
rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
PRETTYDEMON
Are you being serious about the candyman thing? The candyman is a horrific make believe character. Does your uncle hurt you? If anyone hurts you you tell your parents, or police, or teacher. Other than that, your uncle is probably just spoiling you the way uncles should spoil their nieces. 😉
Prettydemon (8 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Hey my friend ghost_luver101 is new at this site! Feel free to send her nice and welcoming comments to her stories! ❤

This comment from Prettydemon is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

rachie (1 stories) (65 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
I am sure it is very frustraiting to pass on and be stuck. To see your loved ones when they can't see you. Or to trapped in a place with no loved ones to see, but only strangers. I always become very emotional when I watch certain ghost hunting shows where finding evidence of spiritual entities is more key then helping them find peace. These hunters become so pumped about the things they discover, and then that's a wrap folks, let's go home. I can just picture this soul screaming for help, and they get a blip on an evp. This soul wanting so badly to understand what is going on. But these crews go in and out like they are on call. Selfishness. We need to spread the love more in this world. Even to the dead. They were alive once in a physical being, now there spiritual being is left behind because of? I can understand why this gentleman you speak of was frustrated. This home was his comfort and used to be his. I would like to say to you good job, if I could do this work I would. Thank you for sharing this experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: