You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Bangs On My Door

Real Ghost Stories

Bangs On My Door

 

I live in a small town in Indiana, in a house that is one hundred twenty-two years old. In 2010, maybe around March through August in that year, every night at around 3:00 a.m., I would hear a very loud series of bangs on my door. It startled me a lot, but I realized that I could not stop whatever it was. It may have been my brother or black lab dog trying to scare me the first time it happened, because the next few times, it was louder. Nobody else awoke when this happened. It happened one time when I was standing next to the door, it was 3:00 a.m. I jumped, thinking my brother was hurt and needed me. I slamed the door open to see what was outside. I saw nothing, only my dog in the hallway across the door. (Nearly 15 feet away, he could not have moved away that fast in my brothers cluttered room) My brother was laying on his bed, staring at me like I was insane for being up so early (or late) in the morning. I just sat down on my bed with the lights off and drifted off into sleep in utter confusion.

Two days later I remeber putting a glass of water on my bedside table. In the morning I got up to see that my whole room was covered in water. Water was on the bedside table, on my dresser, soaking my bed, and all over my desk and floor. The weirdest thing was that it seeemed that all the water would be missing from the cup, though, it was half empty. The glass was across the room against a wall wedged between a pencil box and small shoebox. At the moment I walked near to retrive the glass, I was encircled by a wall of coldness. I quickly grabbed the glass and headed down stairs. To this day I still have door knockings happen, but they have went down to happening once a month or so.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sam-the-ghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

helter-skelter (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
Sam-the-ghost what an eerie experience. On top of that now you hear screaming? I think whatever is there is really trying to f**k with you lol. I'm sure you could make it go away somehow?...
Sam-the-ghost (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
robertar,

I have recently had something yell in my ear. A loud, male voice just yelling at the top of its lungs. As soon as my eyes opened, it faded.😕It sure confused me, but I think I could have been dreaming. I really don't know about that experience.
GodlyGirl (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
Sorry Rookdygin, I was reading a few other stories on here and I saw a few comments that said that people (evil people) would do black magic at that hour. Sorry to make you mad.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
Sorry I failed to fully explain why I mentioned when Jesus passed at 3 P.M... It's believed that Satan does things at 3 A.M. To mock the time Jesus' victory of dying for our sins so we don't have to. Sorry for the confusion. I a a little off this evening.

~LSD~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
It is said that Jesus passed at 3:00 p.m. & some people hold that hour holy. Some people believe that 3:00 A.M. Is the time when things that go bump in the night are evil because... Well they are superstitious. Also people believe that the devil does things in three's to mock the holy trinity. For example when some get three scratches from spirits. There are also a bunch of "horror" movies that have "scary" things happen at 3:00 A.M. & the neat people that watch these films embellish it to try to scare each other. It's a sad, sad thing. There is not any proof that in one certain hour there is more paranormal activity. 3:00 A.M. Is a trend. I have witnessed horrible things in the middle of the day, so for me the theory holds no water.
Both Rook & Robetar have good points. I would like to hear more.

~LSD~
Oerath (30 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Rook generally knows what he's about, and in this case a poltergeist definitely fits the bill. If that is the case it probably won't last too long, as poltergeists are commonly considered to be psycho-kinetic activity generated by an adolescent (hence the question of age), and usually dissipate as the adolescent grows out of it.

If it is an actual entity, it doesn't sound malevolent, just annoying. If it really bothers you, or begins to escalate, there are steps you can take to cleanse the area and/or dismiss its presence.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
Pardon the interruption...

GodlyGirl,

We have this 'debate' here quite often on this site and I'd like to start it this time by asking you just who 'They' are?

You stated..."they say that it is the "Evil Hour" because black magic was done at that time."

So can you please tell me who 'They is'? So I can deliver my 'counter argument' directly to them and not waste 'time and space' here doing so.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Program...

Sam-the-ghost,

Despite the timing the things you have described sound as if 'something' may be looking for attention and or depending on your age or your brothers age (13-17) it may even be a Poltergeist... (noisy ghost). It seems this may be the case as the occurences seem to be 'letting up' on there own. (down to once a month you stated I believe).

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
robertar (223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
It's weird the way some accounts have these spirits making noises that others don't hear. Or worse, glass breaking only to find everything intact. It seems that some have that ability to either make you think you hear something that isn't really there (won't appear on audio tape). Sometimes they'll speak/yell in your ear when about to sleep.

Anyone else having problems?

Still having any yourself? Did you think to do anything about it?
GhostGirl33 (1 stories) (5 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
The enitity sounds like a negative one. It seems like the glass being wegded in that spot was a trap considering once you retieved the cup you were surrouned by coldness.
meda1 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
3 am is a sign. People have more gost exp. Then me I hear things and see things. Hope things get better ❤
GodlyGirl (2 stories) (7 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
This is creepy and strange that it happened at 3:00 am, because they say that it is the "Evil Hour" because black magic was done at that time. Good luck!
-Kennedy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: