You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scratches & Loud Bangs

Real Ghost Stories

Scratches & Loud Bangs

 

We moved into our house nearly 2 years ago, it was great for a while but about a year after we moved in we started noticing that our youngest child was speaking to something in her room at night. Then one night while we were in bed we heard this scratching noise outside our bedroom door but as my fiancé went to investigate it suddenly stopped until he got into bed and it started again this must have happened over and over for around ten minutes then suddenly stopped. All was quiet for a bit after that then about a week later I was out with friends. Upon returning home my fiancé had said he heard some weird noises in our hall like someone banging on the closed doors. Whilst everyone was sleeping my fiancé got up to use the bathroom and heard a loud bang then a long scratch down the bathroom door!... Upon returning to bed he heard a bang on the cupboard door behind him. Once again all was quiet for a while until that is 4 days ago...

We were lying in bed when the cupboard door unlocked its self somehow and slid along around 4inches, The next night lots of banging noises were heard in our hall and what sounded like a child crawling along the wooden floor in our hall, then all of a sudden our son's bedroom door (which is stiff) slammed shut. No one was anywhere near it.

Last night we heard what sounded to us like a child running up the hall.

Please give as much advice as possible as to what could explain this as we have never experienced anything like this before and are unsure of the steps to take to get rid of it

Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pinkmagic1989, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostperson234 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
Here's what I think should be done, absed on things I have read.

1. Talk to your child. If the child is frightened by what it sees, furthure action should be taken.

2. Make a decision about if whether or not you thinnk this entity might harm a member of the family.

3. Since the hauntings did not begin right when you moved in, see if there is something that triggered the hauntings.

4. If you believe that the haunting is demonic, have a priest bless the house. DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF. The blessing needs to be done correctly and if it's not done correctly, the entity will not go away.
Sora (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
LIke what others are saying I would talk to your child about anything that may be attempting to contact him/her. Children have more conections then we are aware of and if its something that your kid is able to comunicate with he should be able to tell you somethings about it because to a child, when they see things, the looks just a real as you and me, and they don't think anything of it unless it scares them. And if it has no means to hurt you or any one in your home then don't take measures to drasticly. Hold on there. If things get worse then I advise you to seek further help.

~Yours truly haunted
Sora ❤
OMGscaryRAWR (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
ASK THE KID! Ask your child who they are talking to, what it looks like. I myself, being only 11, used to see 2 shadows about the size of my 4 year old sister. I would hear kids playing with my toy kitchen! I think children and dogs can see things adults can't. When I was a baby, my parents would say I would look up at the ceiling and laugh, smile, wave, etc. My dog and my moms friends dog also would bark and growl at nothing in particular. And my mom's friend had 2 black cats. Every night they would hiss at an area and start chasing sometghing that was not there. But it was only her BLACK CATS! I am currently doing research on all this. 😕 Kids minds are more complex than you think! The same goes for animals! 😲
cash98 (19 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
Ask your child about the person that he/ (she?) talks to at night. I don't know, it sounds demonic, usually un-aggresssive spirits/ghosts, don't scratch or... Crawl. So be careful and steer clear of following noises into a dark room like in those movies.:l Okay? Good luck, I'll pray for you!
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
Like the others said, you must be strong and brave enough to them to leave you alone.

Sound ridiculous if it gets too intense or worst, MOVE OUT! Don't waste your time getting rid of them since they're not cooperating. Otherwise ignore them if the spirits/whatever it is not too cruel.
Blink_Powers (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
I've experienced that before. What I did was I showed them who's the boss around. They no longer belong to physical world. But ofcourse make sure that you're strong enough to handle any back fires that they may come up with. Try to provoke them and ask them to show up and confront you if they have any problem then ask them to speak up. When it happened to me, I confronted it and since then it stopped playing tricks on me. Show them that you're ready to fight back. But before anything else make sure to ask divine guidance from the creator of this world...God.
Hakai (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-20)
I've explained this once before to someone else, the demon is mischevious it's known to me and my friends as a creeper. All you need to do is play with it and accept it it'll get bored and leave... Don't be scared of it, it makes them happy
AlwaysHaunted (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-19)
I think that it is a good idea to get your home blessed first. I also agree with sitting down (all family that lives in the house there and addressing the entity itself. Telling it that it is scaring you, and that you wish for it to keep it quiet...etc...
Believe it or not, when you move into a home, if there is anything there you stir it all up. It was used to the enviroment that it lived in, then people come in and add things, paint, what not... You are disturbing what is familiar to the entity. So it may act out in protest right off the bat, or it may lay dormant until it has really had enough and activity will kick up. (Think of it like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum over something.) If this is the case, in due time the activity should slow down and more or less stop.

Hope you find your home and families peace soon.
Talim (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-19)
*shudder* oh I know how you feel.
I once lived in a house where at night we would hear bangs and knocks in the bathrooms kitchens and closets and once when I was sleeping in my room my tv litteral slid off of my dresser. My tv was several inches away from the edge so it had to have been pushed. I suggest ignoring it. It may not be a ghost as badjuujuu said before. Poltergeists suck. The things practicly live (irony) to bug the crap outta you. They'll come if you're stressed so I suggest a lot of meditation (which can also simply mean reading a book and relaxing)

~darkness isn't always evil~
Talim ❤
Delrio (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-15)
Hello,

Sadly the altirnative to a haunting is not to get rid of the being. It is rather to try assist or ignore it. If you try to control it you will aggrovate it.

Do not play with the unknown. We have no power over them.

Be respectful and try not to show fear. Stay calm. They are just trying to comunicate. Your mind is also doing what is called fear laps which causes it to exagerate a lot of the happenings. Try to think smoothly, if your son can contact the spirit then maybe try using that as to see what the spirit wants.

Be safe remain calm regards The Son from the River.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
Asking for unwanted spirits to leave does not always work and if it does it is only for a short period. Believe me I know. My sweeper is back, hahahahahahahha. Maybe an approach like we don't mind but stop goofing around.

Hehehehehehehe
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
I have not read any of the other comments, I tend to do that when the mood strikes.
May I ask, have you ever just stood in the hallway and said something to the effect of "I do not know WHY you are here, and I do not care. We just want you to leave, and leave now. You are NOT welcome in OUR home"?
It IS, after all, YOUR home. Command it to leave. Leave NO ROOM for misinterpretation.
Take your home back.
Wa-do.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
I would have to agree with some of the posters on this one. Get your home blessed. Ask your little who the friend is, instead of asking straight out who your child is speaking to.

Burning incense/sage to clear any negative energies can be worth a try. If you do try incense go for pure sandlewood.

Keep us posted.

Surya
angeldemon (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
wow. Spooky. But what makes you sure that it was a child? Like did you see him? Or you could just hear the activities going on? Well I think it got something to do with the place you live.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
To me, all the banging, scratching, and general noisiness makes this sound like a poltergeist event.
Poltergeists are not true "ghosts" but a form of un-intentional telekenisis. Noises, doors opening and closing on their own, sometimes objects moving by themselves, this is all pretty common of a poltergeist.
Poltergeist events are usually triggered by children, who are dealing with things (puberty, school, emotional stress) that they just don't know how to deal with. Sometimes this happens with young children, although it's more common with young teens. It can also happen when an adult undergoes a stressful event (losing a job, illness, you get the idea).
As to getting rid of it, the best way is to find a positive outlet for stress. If you think it could be one of the kids, spend a little extra time with that child. Being able to relate to a parent can cut down a kid's stress quite a bit. If it could be caused by one of the adults in the home, then a long candle-lit bubble bath for the stressed adult could be in order. All of you should try to spend time together, playing board games, or family pic-nics, whatever works for you guys as a family. If this is a poltergeist manifestation, then reducing stress will go a long way to eliminating the activity. And if I'm wrong about the poltergeist, a little extra family solidarity never hurt anyone.
Blessings ❤
Krystal-is-a-Gangster (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-09)
ask your child who she is talking to and if shes afraid of them. If shes not maybe its just a lonely mischevious child spirit whos happy to have another child around
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
Well it does not seem malevolent and obviously something is trying to get your attention, from what I believe these occurences will no doubt increase until you acknowledge it is my guess. As blue-raven mentioned what is the history of your house and land maybe that will shed some light as to why you are experiencing this. All the best to you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
have you checked the history of the house or the land? A spirit of a child could be trapped there or it could be searching for something or it could just be a playful yet annoying spirit.

oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
While some of the noises may be 'critter activity' (I once had a 'ghost' that ended up in a glue trap!), if this spirit activity, a house blessing from the local priest will probably do the trick. You can start with Holy Water, reading the Psalms (especially Psalm 91), blessed crucifixes and then a very firm and repeated insistence that it leave. If the situation worsens, contact clergy such as an Orthodox or Catholic priest to do a full house exorcism.
ab42berry (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
sounds like you are dealing with a form of demonic oppression, I would recommend consulting with local clergy, if that doesn't help what you need to do is contact paranormal clergy, just google them.

Also read psalms 91 and 71 out loud out of the KJV bible 3 times a day morning noon and when you go to bed. If none of these work feel free to contact me.
isabella8 (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
I think you should consult a father of some nearby church...
I don't really guess these things have hurt you... I mean... They just scare you...
So I don't really think these things... Whatever they are... Are bad or something... So keep posting... And take care... ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: