You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Ghostly Past

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghostly Past

 

When I was about six years old, I had a fear of something in the hallway of our house. I can't remember it but my mom says I would describe it as an animal that was see through and that I would scream if someone wanted to go down the hall because the animal would hurt them. Now I don't know if this was paranormal or just my young imagination. Four years later after moving to another house I saw what I believed to be a ghost.

I was lying in front of the TV as always, on the floor. On the right hand side was the door that led to the kitchen. I looked to the kitchen and saw a man crawling to me with a rope around his neck, it was almost like he was see-through but I could see the outline of him. This warm rush of fear went through my body. I got up and ran to my mom who was sitting on the other end of the room. I was screaming at that point, I kept saying he's coming! He's coming. When I looked away and looked again, he was gone.

Two months later we moved out of the house. That same day we found out that a man had hung himself in the kitchen one year earlier because his girlfriend had left him. I am now an adult and I am sad to say I haven't seen something paranormal since that night.

Thank you for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cella, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shadow_witch (65 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
Wow...troyarn is kind of a jerk huh?! 😐 I actually enjoy the stories from when people were children, because that's when we're the most in tune with the spirit world. As a matter of fact, about 90% of my experiences happened when I was a small child. If troyarn had any sense or knowledge of the paranormal, he'd know that. But it's quite obvious that he doesn't...and I, for one, am GLAD he's leaving! Good riddance jerk!~
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
Cella: It is no surprise that you experienced this when you were that age you know that children are more intune with the paranormal around this time. The way you described the man with the rope around his neck is quite freaky I would have done the exact same thing.

Pendragon: I don't know what has come over Troyarn he is normally a very well liked poster with some great stories! The last few comments are definitely out of character for him very strange!😕

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
Troyarn - Okay, calm down. Most ghost experiences happen to people when they are younger. It doesn't mean that they are bad. This site is here for us to recount what happended to us, paranormally, throughout our lives. Not just current, and not just scary. Please stop being a jerk on everyone's stories.

Cella - I'm going to say first and foremost, fear is a natural human reaction to the unknown. That could have been what was happening in both of these cases, why you felt so terrified. I agree with ghostgirl, most animals that appear to us as ghosts are spirit guides, or loved pets that passed away, coming back to visit.

Please don't be bothered by people like Troyarn. They're jerks that are mad that not all ghosts are evil and scary.😕 Best to just ignore people like that...

Penny ❤
cella (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
troyarn sorry if my story bored you. Although I did not ask you to read it. Thanx anyway.

This comment from troyarn is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

GhostGirl4Evere (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
Wow, the thing about the animal might of been your spirit guide in animal form and the thing about the ghost that hanged himself would of been scary.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: