You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Our Last House

Real Ghost Stories

Our Last House

 

My boyfriend (now my husband) and I moved into our first house together 6 years ago. It was a normal, unremarkable, small semi detached in a cul-de-sac and was about 10 years old. We started to notice that the house was quite "noisy" soon after we moved in (a huge bang in the loft awoke us on the first night) and we jokingly named the "Ghost" Godfrey Parks, after one of Derek Acorah's possessions on Most Haunted. As time went on a few strange things started to happen.

I had a blue topaz ring that I was very fond of, and each night before I went to sleep, I would remove it and place it on the nightstand next to my bed. One morning, I was dressing for work and found my ring was not in its usual location. I quickly looked around for it- under the bed, behind the nightstand etc, but could not find it.

Three weeks passed without me finding my ring. One night, I was running a bath and decided to have a proper and thorough look for the ring. I removed everything from the nightstand, searched under the bed again, checked all of the shelves and drawers, but still couldn't find it. At this point I was quite upset as it held some sentimental value for me and I sighed "well that's it, it's lost" and I went for a bath. Half an hour later I came back into the bedroom, drying myself off. I sat on the bed and glanced at my nightstand AND THERE WAS MY RING! In the EXACT same place as I'd always leave it each night. I was so shocked I actually let out a small scream.

My boyfriend at first thought I'd just made a mistake and picked it up and put it down by accident, not remembering, and was quite skeptical about anything paranormal going on. Yet, a few weeks later, the same thing happened with a pair of tweezers which disappeared and reappeared weeks later in their original place. Then with my necklace, a pair of scissors, and his work keys...! He was convinced!

Other things happened in this house and I'll share in further stories

Other hauntings by Froobz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Froobz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Froobz (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-31)
We've since moved from that house so we don't have the same problem anymore!:)
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
Hmmm... In my opinion, it is a spirit and wants to be recognized or acknowledged. I don't think it means any harm to you guys. We actually have a ghost here in our house that does the same thing. I would just tell the ghost that I need the stuff and guess what? It appears in the same location I left it. I know it might be annoying at times but they just want to be acknowledged.

Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
Wow, then I'm not the only one that entities like to steal silverware from.
Strange creatures they are...
bexscowz06 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
Froobz this sort of thing happens all the time in my house. It is very frustrating. Sounds like a poltergiest to me.
My ghostie likes to take things like all the spoons at one time then when we finally replace them they will reappear.
I have no idea why.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
Nephele- It is extremely annoying. Try having an important paper that a witness to the event has seen you set down, then having it disapear when you need it, knowing all to well that no one had moved it. Then, after you are s.o.l. For whatever you needed it for, have it pop up a few days later in the exact same place.

Hopefully it was just her ring that keeps dissapearing. I completely understand what Froobz is going through, if this is indeed an ongoing circumstance. Sometimes ghosties and what not like to make it more entertaining and mess with a different item.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
that would annoy me so much.
A ghost who likes to play around.
At least you got your stuff back haha
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
I've had that sort of thing happen, where my ghosties and what not think its funny to move things. For me, its happened enough for it not to be a coincidence.
It can be very stressful, especially if its an important item. I'd suggest keeping it in a jewelry box, or in another enclosed space, where it is easy to find. Also, try politely asking whatever it may be it leave your things alone.
Has this happened on multiple occasions, and were there any other items that this has happened to?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: