You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Neighborhood

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Neighborhood

 

In 2001, we moved into a home in Roy, Utah, near Roy Jr. High School. The house was built around 1955, but we hadn't experienced anything for awhile. About a year or so later, my 4 year old son started talking about this little boy named Sam, that came over to our house and played with him. I just thought he had an imaginary friend. He also talked about another little boy, who was a bully. He didn't like TJ playing with Sam. It wasn't until my two older boys and I experienced something's, which made us wonder if TJ really had an imaginary friend, or if it was something else. TJ also recently told me that he thought Sam died in a car accident down the street, and that he lived across the street from us.

When our oldest son was old enough to babysit, we left him and our two other boys home alone with him. My husband and I were at the movies with some friends, when we got a frantic phone call from our son. He said that they were in the basement, and they heard the garage door open and heard what sounded like footsteps and a woman and man talking. Thinking we had come home early, he called out to us. Then the talking stopped, and they were really freaked out!

Then one morning, my middle son walked downstairs and glanced over, and saw a little boy (about TJ's size), staring at the TV. He just thought it was TJ, until he remembered that TJ was still asleep in bed and the boy he saw was missing part of his ear. When he looked again, the little boy (missing part of his ear) was gone. So he went upstairs to make sure TJ was still asleep, and he was still asleep.

Sometimes when TJ couldn't sleep, he would come into our room in the middle of the night and sleep on the floor. Well, one night I woke up and saw what I thought was TJ standing in the doorway. I said to him, "TJ, go get your pillow and blankets and come sleep on the floor." He ran off towards his bedroom. I laid there for a couple minutes, but TJ never showed up. I went into his room, and he was fast asleep. I don't know if I saw this little boy ghost, or if TJ was sleepwalking. But TJ told me that sometimes the little boy would go into his room at night and in the morning.

Then one day, I was outside getting my dog, when I heard an adult male voice whisper, "Hey!" into my ear. Thinking it was either my husband or a neighbor, I looked around, but no one was there.

I found out recently from a friend, that a house he lived in near our old house also had a ghost. I experienced some things around the neighborhood as well, and wonder if something happened there and it is haunted.

The JR. High that is nearby is also supposedly haunted, and also a few schools around the area. I do know that where our old house and the surrounding homes were built used to be an orchard.

How do I research this at the library? What kinds of things do I ask for from the Librarian to do my research? I don't want people to think I am crazy, but I also want to know if there is a logical explanation.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WldWestWoman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WldWestWoman (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-12)
[at] Dan, yes, the description of the boy they saw was very similar.
WldWestWoman (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-12)
I do know, from what the neighbors told me when we lived there, that there was only one previous owner. And before a home was built there, it was an orchard. The home was owned by a bitter old man, who went through a bitter divorce when he was younger. He didn't trust his kids, and would chase them around the yard with a knife (we actually found a knife in the backyard when we lived there). He also had a key lock on his bedroom door, because he didn't trust his kids. But they never told me if anyone died there. He let his dogs have the run of the house, and their was garbage everywhere (we actually had to clean it up and replace carpeting). He lost the home to foreclosure two years prior to when we bought it, and at the time we lived in the home, he was living in a nursing home. But that is all I know.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
Hi WldWestWoman: You have been given some good advice regarding how to go about finding out the history of your neighborhood and your current home. I am curious about the boys your sons have seen, have they both given the same descriptions regarding looks and clothing etc?.
The hearing of the garage opening and hearing the man and woman talking sounds residual. I look forward to hearing about your findings.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
WldWestWoman (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
Thanks for your help! I just want to figure this all out. I will let you all know if I find out anything.
Szaffi (37 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
Ups. The one before got lost what I wanted to send...so. It was saying that go to the office (if is the local council than there) where all the records are kept of properties (like new owner, mortgage taken on it and paied off)...sorry, don't know what it is called in the States. But there you can ask to have access to your own property's records. Can find out exactly who owned it before you and may be what happened to them. Google doesn't always give correct results.
Szaffi (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
The history of your own house (unless is a newly built one) is always a good start to find out about the origins and all the owners of the property.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
Well, a suggestion on the research. Since you don't know what to start asking at the library, do a quick internet search, such "history of Roy, Utah," or "history of X county, Utah." That might give you some starting points to reference at the library. It may not be terribly recent information, but it may shed some light on why that area is attractive to ghosts.
What style of clothing does the little boy you saw wear? That may give you a time frame on when he was physically present in the neighborhood. From there, go to the library, say you are looking for information from your neighborhood, during x time frame, on any car accidents.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: