You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Silhouette In The Neighborhood

Real Ghost Stories

Silhouette In The Neighborhood

 

When I was little I had a dream about a silhouette walking around my backyard. I saw her sort of let's call it dying. I called her the "black lady" (I was little and I am NOT racist).

It is now about 8 years later. I was sleeping over at my friend's house. She lived right around the corner from me. I woke up at 3 am to hear dogs barking next door. I looked out the window to see the silhouette being attacked by them. Then I had a conversation with her.

Me: I thought you died! Years ago!

She appeared in the hallway behind me.

Silhouette: I did not! I simply went home.

I spun around in fear.

Me: well why were you in my backyard way back then?

Silhouette: I wanted to tell you something.

Me: so why are you here right now?

Silhouette:...

Then she disappeared into the night air.

Another time was when I was at the park. I had ditched my friend in the field as a joke. I sat on the bench to catch my breath.

"Hello again..." said a voice behind me. I admit I was shocked for it was a voice I had heard before but could not determine who it was. I had my eyes closed for some reason and faced her for a brief moment, put my hand up and said "hi" then I looked at the playground which had been burned down.

It seemed to be re-built again but was the color of the silhouette. Out of the darkness I saw a shorter silhouette but it was a boy. I looked to my right to see her and I screamed. I ran for the basketball court where my friend was. She yelled back at me:

"My name's Miranda!" I ran faster. I reached my friend and said we had to go to "Amanda's house ASAP and get there as fast as possible.

She followed me and I figured she was confused. I didn't care. When we reached Amanda's house I asked her for ghost help. I told her what had happened and she told me it reminded her of her past experiences with ghosts. She told me it was just the heat but she would call Shelby, another girl with ghost stories. She said that the "black lady" was dead but her spirit lives on inside my brain. I still don't know what to do.

Other hauntings by myst3ri0usn0is3

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, myst3ri0usn0is3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
I would agree with you, myst3ri0usn0is3. It IS very scary. Sometimes, though, you find your answers in odd places.
When I first started looking into why things were happening to my daughter, I went to MANY wrong places for advice. At the time, I thought they were knowledge based, factual, truly interested sources. What I found out, is that there are those that would have us believe that they have had some very real experiences, but all it is is an elaborate smoke screen.
My daughter has had a few friends (past tense) that she verbally shared her experiences with, and they fully supported her. One in particular lead her to believe that she knew much about the spirit world. She announced that she was born with a veil and that she had chosen the life of a psychic. As she was but sixteen, I will be honest, I doubted her abilities. I HAD to stand by and LET these girls trick my daughter into believing that they had the answers she sought.
In the end, we had had a sleepover with the girls. I had let my daughter know before the arrival of these girls, that should anything SHE could not handle occur, she was to let me know immediately.
What happened was a free for all. And the young woman who claimed to be a psychic? She was the first body to jump into bed with me, closely followed by the rest of the girls.
I am NOT trying to belittle your friends. I am only encouraging you to look beyond the words people tell you. Watch their actions. You can learn an awful lot just by comparing the words people say to the actions they take.
We all run scared once in a while. But if you see someone turning away from an experience VERY similar to one they PROFESS to have had, that usually is a neon sign pointing at them blinking the words "Should You Trust This One's Claim?"
I do not know all the answers. Heck, I am still searching myself. But it would be a cold day in Hades when I would turn my back on a comrade and mumble something about being unprepared, or to tell them "it is all in your head", or in your friends case- in your brain.
This just may be one of those things that can not be shared with all that claim your friendship. This MAY just be one of those things you have to look for the answers on, BY yourself. NO ONE can unquestionably tell you what you have experienced. YOU were the only one there at the time. But you KNOW what you experienced.
We will gladly try to help you out. But much of it all depends on you. YOU have to take the steps to fight the fear. YOU have to say the words "Leave me alone". YOU have to take back the control in your life that seems to be slipping to you at this time.
Thank you.
myst3ri0usn0is3 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Whitebuffalo,

Yes but both of those friends have had paranormal things hapen to them. The first has seen a mexican man in her house. Then the other has seen her dead brothers hat float off a table and fall to the ground. It is all very confusing and frightening when you are the one telling the story.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hello, myst3ri0usn0is3,
Just on going by what you wrote, I would say that you are on your own when dealing with an Unknown. Just speak out, and ask her what she needs. Honestly, if I had two friends that I went to for advice, and the answers that they gave me were the ones that you received, I think I would hesitate to ask them anything about ghosts in the future.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
hmmmmmm, sounds like you may want to call in some experts, not just individuals with more 'ghost stories'. If this is tormenting you, regardles sof who or what it is, it is time to deal with it, with someone who knows how.

God Bless!
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi myst. It does sound like the silhouette was trying to tell you something. It doesn't sound like it is there to hurt you but is contacting you for some reason. Maybe you can try to find out who she is somehow. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I lived in Arizona in the past and it is a beautiful place! Hope to read more from you in the future. Take care of yourself, Jude 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hello myst3ri0usn0is3. Taking your story at face value, this is what I would recommend. Since Amanda thinks you've been out in the sun too long and Shelby hasn't told you anything you didn't already know- you will have to handle it on your own. The next time this ghost/spirit comes around, control your fear and ask her what she wants and try to help her or tell her she scares you and to leave you alone- if you choose the latter be polite but firm. Good luck.

FRAWIN 😊
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-24)
Hi, I seriously do think she was trying to tell you something. She might be talking to you in your mind so she can communicate better with you. If any more happens please share it. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: