You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Final Chapter Of My Haunted Neighborhood

Real Ghost Stories

Final Chapter Of My Haunted Neighborhood

 

So as many of you know, I was having many occurrences in my house and I was trying to find an answer as to what was going on. Well, after I became a member on the site and posted my happenings. I got an email from another member but I will not say the name. They contacted me to tell me that they were also having things happen in their house-she told me of what was happening in the house and that she and her son were very scared of all the things. The things that she described were very similar to what I had happening. She advised that she had contacted an agency kind of like Ghost Hunters kind of thing and they would be coming to her house and that I was welcome to assist. I was not able to unfortunately but after that, she never contacted me again and would not return my calls.

I figured that she did not want to talk about it or it got bigger that she was too afraid. I later got another email from another member advising that she lived in the same neighborhood as I and that she was having things happen. Now remember that all of these people are in the same neighborhood as I. She also called ghost researchers-if you think that I had activity you should have been there for hers.

There was what sounded like a child running in the attic. Once they put a recorder in the attic it was gone. I personally saw a shadow in her master bedroom which did not match any of the shadows for the people that were there. We had the ghost hunter girls, had someone whisper something in their ear at the same time. It was an amazing night I must say.

After that with her schedule and mine we lost touch until one day I got another email from another person IN THE SAME AREA that also was having activity as well. He was actually having manifestations-full body apparitions; a lady from the civil war time period.

He was under the impression at first that it was only one entity that he had in his house until he contacted a psychic and she told him that there were two a soldier like from the civil war and the lady that he had already seen. She even gave him the names. She said that the reason why they had come was because he had made a pond in his back yard and the pond was exactly where there had been a big plantation house and this woman lived there and the soldier. I can't remember what exactly was wrong with him but I do remember that she mentioned that he had one boot bigger than the other and that was causing a big thump which is what he would hear and that was when he would drop the boot.

Now you might think "what is going on in this neighbourhood?" Several different people are seeing, hearing and experiencing things. I have done research on the owner of the property and always get to dead ends. There are several sub-divisions in this area for one big community called Heartland Crossing and it is located in Camby, Indiana.

If anyone knows any information on anything about this land please either email me or contact me through the website.

Thanks

Natalin

Other hauntings by luvparanormal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luvparanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jude270love (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-30)
My daughter lives in Heartland Crossing and knew nothing about all of this until things started happening in her house she moved into. She has only been there around 6 months and doors in her house slam, garage door opens and shuts, radio comes on and off and lots more.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hi Natalin. Wow! Don't know what to say but sounds like a lot of neighbours feel the same way you do. With what Surya posted, I will never, ever go to this place lol. Sounds pretty scary to me. But thanks for sharing a great ghost story and at a place where maybe someone (not me) can visit. 😨
dee55 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
WOW Sure am glad I never heard about these spirits growing up. I would of never gone out after dark. Lambert Lake is by Heartland Crossing. You might see something one night.
Denise
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hi Guys,

I do a lot of research myself it is amazing what goes on everywhere. One thing is for sure, like Chris I certainly will not be in a hurry to visit this place
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Holy Cannoli, where were all you guys when I posted all my stories.
Thanks for all the history on this place that is amaizing.
Surya where did you find all this?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Hey Surya! Because of your post I'm never going to visit that place! 😜 That is a place where some ghosthunters should go and check out. It would be very interesting if they came up with anything. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
I found this story on the web.

You would feel that there's nothing outlandish involving Camby, Indiana, but this settlement has terrifying riddles veiled in the dark. Things go on in this town that cannot be given an explanation. A number of locals assert there are no spirits, but the spirits of Camby are out tonight trying to locate someone to freak out

A young girl having on a blood-covered wedding gown may often be noticed staring furiously at the bystander down next to the shore at Lambert Lake. A local man says that this ghost is the undead spirit of an old Camby resident. No matter what folks articulate, it's a frightening ghost that you would not want to run into before sunrise. A woman with a sea green face may be seen over and over again looking at the water by Arens Lake Dam before dawn. Some of those who live here claim this phantom is the phantom of a visitor that was killed while journeying through Camby some decades ago.

A gentleman with a machete in his head has from time to time been distinguished pulling a corpse across the dirt in Carson Park late at night. One thing is for certain, it sure is a scary ghost that any normal person wouldn't wish to encounter.

A guy's body having the head of a bat is every now and then spotted sitting in a chair in a building in Camby. It has been said that this particular ghost is that of a local who had a home here in Camby before the present
.

The spirit of a guy clutching a sword has supposedly been observed on a small number of occasions up on Mann Hill guzzling blood from a bottle.

The ghost of a lady having a pentagram carved into her foot may once in a while be noticed admiring The Bluffs around midnight. According to what the local residents allege, this phantom takes pleasure in frightening foolish people who come seeking phantoms in Camby.

The ghost of a female with a switchblade in her chest was distinguished devouring a carrot under a streetlight in Camby. The ghost was ingested by the night after being observed. Scores of people who live here allege this ghost can be the spirit of a local who died here in Camby a long time ago.

A lady having the head of a goblin materialized wandering from house to house before dawn on a Camby avenue. Freaked out by the onlookers the ghost faded away into the shadows.

The ghost of a man having half his head lost was made out mid stream in Army Branch smoking a pipe. When distinguished the phantom moved toward the eye witness who then fled.

A headless lady showed up searching through a closet in the bedroom of a Camby flat in the early morning hours before sunrise. There have been additional accounts about this ghost in the neighborhood. Nevertheless, this ghost undoubtedly is bloodcurdling; one that should be shunned.

The phantom of a ten foot tall colossal guy was noticed resting at a table in a Camby trailer. Many reports of this ghost have been described. In any event, this is a hostile ghost that you wouldn't wish to meet after midnight.

The ghost of a young girl was noticed trying to locate another ghost by Brown County State Park. Many folks in the neighborhood have had identical experiences involving the same ghost.

The ghost of a woman having half her head lost has repeatedly been witnessed in a deserted place close to Camby. Regardless of what, it's a scary spirit that any sane person wouldn't wish to come across.
dee55 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
Hi Natalin

I grew up in what is now the Heartland Crossing area in Camby. Most of the land that makes up the area was part of the Hayworth apple orchard, and farms. The houses along Co. Line where built in the 50's and up. Most of the houses on Raceway Rd. Were tore down. The biggest house that looked like a plantation house belonged to the "Conrads". They were the final owners of this land. Their house sat in the area between Co. Line and Heartland Blvd. On Raceway. Hope this might help you on your search for answers.
Denise
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
Hi Natalin, my understanding is that the soil around Camby, IN is rich in limestone, which is believed to be an optimum element for holding in residual energies. Interesting, huh? Good luck with your research!
Lisa

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: