You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted School And Neighborhood

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted School And Neighborhood

 

I am working at a new school this year. It's a building that was once an elementary school, then a high school and now is an all kindergarten school. It was fully remodeled when it became a high school. It is located in a very bad part of town that is known for gangs, drugs, and shootings.

On many occasions I have been seeing apparitions in the hallway when no one else is there. I can't really describe them. I guess they are more like shadow people rather than an actual ghostly figure. They disappear very fast. I see them walking next to me, and sometimes hiding in the doorways of classrooms. Other times I see them at the end of the hallway walking through very fast or in corners. I have seen them both when the kids are in school and after hours, like after school and the weekends.

There is a lot of negative energy in this school. My kids actually are very challenging as are those in other classes. I know kindergartners are challenging but some of these kids act possessed sometimes... I have taught for years and have never encountered children this bad. My classroom is an a portable just outside the main building. When I'm by myself, I'm always hearing pounding or footsteps outside my portable and when I look no one is there.

I was working this weekend getting things ready for the week and was all by myself in the portable. There was another teacher inside the main building. I went into the main building to tell the teacher I was going to be leaving in few minutes so she could set the security system or leave with me. (it's not safe to be there by yourself) When I returned to my portable I noticed the portable classroom right next to mine had all of it's lights on. Assuming the teacher had arrived, I knocked on the door and said, "hello?" But no one answered. The door was locked. I had not seen her in the main building but thought maybe I had just missed her. So I called her extension but no one answered.

When I went back outside to knock on the door again, all the lights were off. I can hear when her door opens and I did not hear anyone come or go. Since every teacher and employee has to sign in with the security system company when they come and go (because the neighborhood is bad) I called them to make sure she hadn't checked in. They told me that I was the only teacher in the portables and there was one more teacher in the main building. No other employee was at the school. No janitors either. (By contract they can only work weekdays). I got freaked out and left. I saw the teacher in that portable today and asked her if by chance she was in her classroom this weekend. She said no.

Today as I was heading from the building to my portable I saw some figures walking across the field between the street and the playground. I found it odd since there is a big fence between the street and the school. When I looked again the figures were gone.

I've felt so negative since working at this building. There is definitely a very strong negative energy surrounding the school and the area as a whole. I've mentioned the apparitions and the lights to other teachers and while they have not experienced those they have said they feel very uneasy being in the building by themselves.

I don't know if the spirits I'm seeing are connected to the school or the neighborhood as a whole. Whatever they are, they are not good and I don't know how to ignore them. They are freaky.

Other hauntings by SoliK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SoliK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
This is pretty weird. I know that according to students many schools are haunted. The toilets in my primary school were and I could never go in there alone even though I never saw anything. But the fact that you and other teachers have seen things is pretty creepy. Have you heard any of the students say that they have seen anything? I wouldn't bring it up so you don't freak them out (which I doubt you would have done anyway) but have you or any other teachers heard anything being mentioned?

About some of the kids acting "possessed" I wouldn't worry about it. Kids tend to act a little weird like that sometimes. My brother does and I probably did ocassionally.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
[at] Rook - yes, I caught that. She states in her first sentence that it is her first year at that school, hence, a "new" school - to her.

[at] SoliK - Wow. If there's a way of having a ghost hunting group out there without drawing attention (don't want to scare the little kids), I'd suggest that. Washington has several groups, AGHOST is supposed to be pretty reputable (and I am not affiliated with them in any way). Http://www.aghost.us/
SoliK (13 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Yes, this school is an all kindergarten school... It houses 550 kinder students. Our district is bursting at the seams and they built a new high school and turned the remodeled building for all kinder. (they took out kinder from a few elementary schools and put them here). I have in the past experience odd experiences in other schools. This school though is just different because of the location. It's a very bad neighborhood... There is a very negative vibe. We were in the staff room and out of no where a pencil holder with pencils flew off the shelf with no explanation. There were four teachers in there including myself at the time. We were like, what on earth happened? It was squared so it didn't roll off. One of the teachers said "It was the ghost." I don't know if anyone has died in the building, but there have been murders and shootings nearby. It's just a creepy place to work.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
generalchaos,

I believe the O/P stated in her experience that it's an old school 're purposed' as a Kindergarten School that is in a 'bad area' of town...

At least I think I read something to that effect.

Respectfully,

Rook
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
strange, that your district would use a building big enough to hold highschool students at one time, to house just kindergarten students... And still need a portable outside for room. The fact that the district spent money to remodle for highschool kids only to move in a smaller unit of kindergarten kids is also strange. But school dist's make very odd decisions, leaving me scratching my head at my local dist's.
I hope you are able to settle better at your building.
Do you notice if any children seem to notice what you have been experiencing?
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Let me get this straight: You're working at a new school, with ONLY kindergartners, it's in a bad neighborhood, and you're sensing a bad vibe about the place and have seen spirits "many times" already?

Wow. Could some of this just be new school year jitters? Maybe being not used to the way the light plays in the building that you have only started to work in?

Or... Have you talked about any of this with the other teachers? Did a student ever die there? (I know most high schools have some story of a kid falling from the catwalk in the auditorium, or a crazy janitor, but maybe someone knows something more).
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
SoliK,

I know you are talking about an entire school, but I offer this for your classroom at least. I can't say for sure what the 'shapes/shadows' you are seeing are but I can reccomend a way to 'push out' possible negative energy from your Classroom and replace it with positive energy.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

If you use this, please let us know how it goes... Heck Please keep us updated anyway as it seems as if there may be lots of things happening at your School.

Respectfully,

Rook
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
I agree with Champion and minimom. You are a leader for these kids; a person who has the power to teach right from wrong. Personally, I think a teacher has more power to affect a student's life than a parent or any other person in their life. There is a saying that you have to respect / pray to (1st) mada (mother), (2nd) Pada (father), (3rd) Guru (teacher), and then, finally (4th) God / higher being.

(1) Mada because she is the one who brought you out into this world.
(2) Pada because he is the one who gave you the first learning tools.
(3) Guru because s/he is the one who teaches you the life lessons needed and the able to guide and influence you like no one can.
(4) God / Higher being because s/he is the one who has the ultimate power to change your life (that is not on earth).

With that being said, I believe minimom's suggestion is a great idea and you should follow it. Also, I would like to add to that suggestion. Before or after doing that with your students, do the suggestion with the teachers as well. Also, pass on the suggestion to your co - workers so that they can do it with their classes as well.
minimom (50 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
To begin with, I think you can attribute a lot of the bad student behavior to their parents. I still have two in high school and some of their classmates do indeed, act possessed. Lol

Imagine though the number of people who have passed through that school. In a neighborhood as you describe, it was probably the only place they felt safe. It stands to reason that after death they would be drawn to it if they couldn't move on.

You could say the same for the negative spirits. Bullies are in reality scared and insecure. The act of bullying gives them a sense of control in a world where they have none. They too would be drawn back.

Not to mention the rest of the neighborhood trauma.

Try to cleanse your classroom and fill it with positive things. Bright colors, flowers and art. Tell your students that only positive attitudes are allowed. Try a little exercise with them every morning. Gather them into a circle and have them take a deep breath. As they exhale, tell them that they should let all their crankies go with it, open a window and shoo all the negative energy out. I did that with my kids when they were little and it worked pretty good.

Remember that you are a refuge for many of these kids, a point of stability for them. You must care a great deal for your students, I admire that.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-28)
SoliK- after finding out your a teacher I want to call you Mrs. SoliK I still call my teachers I had in school Mrs./Miss/Mr. When I run into them when picking my son up at school. The way you describe your school I picture this school I seen on a movie once where gangs would hang around selling drugs to children and feel sorry for the kindergarten kids going there. Its bad enough without having to deal with negative energy. Stay strong and keep up the good work with the kids. Thank you for your contribution to the future of America.

Champion

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: