You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Paranormal Encounters In My Neighborhood

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Encounters In My Neighborhood

 

These are just a few things that I think might be paranormal.

This happened in the same house I live in now.

My mother was watching a horror with my family, I was asleep upstairs, so was one of my brothers. The other three family members were in the living room. After a while, they heard a knocking on the window and it confused/scared them. When they went outside, they saw nothing, heard nothing and there was no evidence towards it coming from a person.

It was just a series of short knocks and was never heard again.

It definitely wasn't a person since they would've been caught jumping over the walls and their figure would've been seen thanks to the light of the moon.

It's been a mystery to us for a long time and we just want to get some sort of answer.

It also happened to one of our neighbors, who we were pretty close to for a while. I can't get their story since they moved away a few years ago.

We live on the grounds of old military houses, which were later rebuilt after the war.

About three years ago, I heard a haunting laugh outside, it sounded like a mother and her young daughter. I looked out my window, but nobody was there. This happened at around 4:00am. The laugh had a slight echo and gave me a sense of dread, thanks to that I didn't sleep.

I've also been hearing knocking in the attic right above my room, which is strange. It went on for about 20 minutes then stopped for a short while and started again. But, it also doesn't surprise me since I get involved in a lot of paranormal research. We have nothing in the attic that could've caused those knocking sounds, it's just full of boxes and old blankets.

I've seen the supposed ''Hat Man'' a demon you see when suffering sleep paralysis.

Thanks to all of this, I've been unable to sleep in the dark for years because it always feels like there's something there, watching me and getting closer.

All I want is answers, that's it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Scaarvii, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Scaarvii (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-10-25)
Sorry for not commenting sooner!
Not much has happened since, I've only really felt a presence in the house, but there's been no sightings as of right now.
I'll update if anything happens.
I've never seen the ''old hag'', thankfully.
Since I've got studies to worry about I don't get to do as much research, but I've been listening to a podcast called ''Monsters Among Us'' and there's quite a lot of paranormal sightings that get called in. I'm trying to do a bit of research on the past in my area too, to see if anything had happened before we moved in.

Thank you for your answers! The knocking thing is really creepy, and because of the window knocking, I tend not to go near them at night anymore.
bresys (9 stories) (16 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-21)
Hey Scaarvii,

While I can't give insight to the sleep paralysis or the laughing, I have recently been having knocking in my house. I've wracked my brain for when it all started, and what event happened around that time; then I worked on correcting what may be wrong. The knocking here has subsided since. Perhaps you should just say hello and ask them to please keep the noises down? If it's an intelligent haunt.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-19)
Scaarvii,

This is the first time I heard about a "Hat Man" during sleep paralysis. I too experience sleep paralysis but all my mind make out (or most of the times) is this "old hag". It's nice knowing new info.

About the knocks, maybe it was just a playful spirit that wants your family's attention? Just want to ask tho what type of paranormal research you do?

I hope to read more from you and thanks for sharing!

Z ❤ ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: