You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Lady in the Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady in the Mirror

 

I really think my house is haunted. Since we moved in three years ago, I have seen and heard many strange things. Doors opening when I know I closed them, misplaced makeup and picture frames that I was using only seconds before I lost them. I have even seen shadows of people when no one is home! My house is a big, old place, so a ghost might not be a crazy idea.

But my scariest experience was about a year and a half ago. I was in the sun room in my house reading in front of the fire, when I heard a noise behind me, coming from the kitchen. I got up just because I get kind of freaked out by some of the stuff going on in the house. Since no one was home, I thought it was the cat. But the cat was at the vets that day! I told myself it was just the house. Houses do make noises, so I just kept reading. Than I heard a bang and what I knew was a footstep. I looked up at the mirror to the kitchen and standing there was a woman I had never seen before! I jumped up and ran into the kitchen, thinking she was a robber but there was no one there! I looked all over the house and called my dad, but he told me I was crazy. He told me that I had imagined it.

To this day I still don't know if it was a ghost or my imagination, but it seemed so real at the time! If you have any thoughts, feel free to share them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hippiechick100, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-30)
Hey, it could be a hallucination or a real ghost, who knows? You could research your house and see if anybody lived there in the past or you could try and ghost hunt. Many, many people out there Do Not believe in ghosts, so it's not a surprise that they think that we're crazy when we talk about ghost and manifestations and craziness like that. I sill think that they should try and have our backs in situations like these, some people don't even care or worry what we might be going through and they should try to come and investigate for themselves to see if they become believers but oh well, life's tough. There's not much more that I can say so God bless you and stay safe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: