You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Evil Doppelganger

Real Ghost Stories

Evil Doppelganger

 

My story starts about 5 years ago, at school. I was thirteen years old and let's say I was not a brave girl. I used to change my grades, get in fights with teachers and cut classes. Somewhere in March, a lot of things happened. My family had a lot of issues and I was just tired of getting in trouble. I decided to grow up a little. I stopped cutting classes, which was really hard for me; I can't concentrate for long on one subject. I actually started learning for tests and would get higher grades. As for the fights with teacher, that was a little difficult due to my reputation. But slowly, they saw me changing myself and even gave me compliments.

One day, at a break, I was on my way to the canteen. Suddenly, a teacher that didn't teach me greeted me and asked me something I would never forget. At that time, I was very self-confident with myself. (Read: my head was held high, chest made bigger, walked like I was a queen). The teacher said hello and asked how I was. I looked him up and down and I said perfect. (Never asked how are you?) Then he started talking a little bit more. "Listen, I think you are a great person. If you just worked a little bit harder you can easy pass the tests. Physics is not that hard, you know." At that point I was just thinking; what the hell, dude? I was in the second grade. (I don't know what grade that is in America). I did have Physics, but only in the first half year. "No, you listen. I never had you as a teacher and I don't have physics anymore. You must have confused me with someone else." He then looked confused. "No, I'm sure. Or wait; do you have a twin sister?" I smirked and walked away. That day I really felt uncomfortable.

One month later, a girl walked over me and said hi. Since I was getting politer I said hi as well. "Did you get contacts? Your eyes are so light, so green!" I didn't think it was weird because a lot of people asked me that so many times. Plus my eye colour changed a lot of times from darker to lighter. "Erhh, no. Guess it's the light" "Your a joker, they are always brown and now they just turned green?" She started to piss me off so I said goodbye. "Wait, where are you going?" "Excuse me, I have English right now. I don't even know you." At that point, I just went to my class. I remember the girl having a confused look on her face, but I didn't really care.

One week later during break, my friends and I are talking and eating. A friend walks up on us with a pale face. We we're worried so asked him what was wrong. "Helena, I was upstairs when I thought I saw you, I mean, we were talking and she was not a ghost, really." We all were confused and did not understand. "There is a girl, Helena that looked just like you. She said: I'll meet you in a bit. She went to the ladies. When I walked down the stairs and I saw you at the table..." My friend was so shocked, a friend brought him home. He was traumatised. During the day I got a little bit scared myself. Just to make it worse, a friend told me that perhaps it was a doppelganger. Which could mean a death of a loved one is near.

In June, the year was over and I went to a different school. I never heard anything about the other girl. Until 2 years later.

I remember it was a good year. I was 15. I now had a better reputation. I had high grades, no more problems and worked hard after school. One day at work, it was time for my break. I walked outside and felt something cold in the back of my neck. I just thought it was the wind. Then I saw a friend of the family, who is also a cop. I greeted him he had a worried look on his face and said hello as well. I asked him what was wrong. "Helena, don't worry, I won't tell your parents because you are a good girl. I'll just never forget that night." I had no idea about what he was talking about. He then told me that the night before, he saw me in the city and I was cursing at him. I was shocked. I went pale and wanted to throw up. He asked if I was okay I started telling him the story as short as possible. He didn't believe me, and said he would tell my parents.

That was nothing compared what was going to come...

Other hauntings by HelenaSophia

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HelenaSophia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-18)
Foster, stop. Just stop. Read the guidelines we so not allow spam.
HelenaSophia (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
Oh, I didn't know that! I heard of vampires diaries but never saw it... My grandmother's full name was Helena Sophia... Since I did not want to use mine I used hers.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
AngelFace2011: YES! Vampire Diaries is a great show. I am hooked just like your sister. It's on tonight on the WB 11 at 9:00PM Eastern. I hope you get the chance to watch it. ❤

HelenaSophia sorry for the temporary hi-jack of your page. I will say in reference to your story, that I do not get the Vampire Diaries vibe, and the main character's name although very close to yours is Elena, not Helena. I wish I could comment further but I don't really know much about Doppelgangers. Sorry, take care 😊 ❤
AngelFace2011 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
I don't watch Vampire Diaries. Is it good?:) My older sister is like, addicted to it, my mum had to buy her the whole set of books for christmas! ❤

Angel xx
meangirl_26 (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
this story reminds me of the tv show "vampire diaries"...
Same character name... "helena"... The other character that looks like her is named "catherine"...
Helena's the good girl, Catherine's the mean one. Helena's human, Catherine's a vampire.
Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
thats freaky, they say that if you run into your own doppelganger you die or something:/ <3 ❤
HelenaSophia (3 stories) (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
No, in that year, I don't know if they still do it, they gave some subjects only half the year. Since there were so many students, they put everyone in one classroom. The teachers didn't really write down who came to class and who didn't. That's why I cut so many classes, it was really easy.
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
This sounds slightly far-fetched. If you were only 13, wouldn't that teacher know the name of everyone in his classroom? Schools have records of who is in each class at a time, so it's doubtful someone/something could "pose" as you and get away with it.
HelenaSophia (3 stories) (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
Javelina, thank you so much for your politeness! I wrote the part 2 and submitted it, it's a long story tough!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
You know, after reading through the comments, I think I'll reserve judgement on this one until I've read more. I do agree that it is a bit confusing, as I'm sure it was for you, having lived through the experience. And as these things started at such a young age you couldn't have been expected to know what to look for or even that you should.
So I'll wait like everyone else. 😕
HelenaSophia (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
well, the story is what happened in 5 years it's just too long... To be honest I haven't read a lot of stories that are on this site. I didn't really mean to have a cliffhanger sort of sentence at the end.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Just curious, but why not put up the whole story at once? You end your story with "but that was nothing compared to what was going to come..."
So, obviously, there is more to the tale. Why not just finish the story? You claim to have a part 2 and 3. Hm. Your style is eerily similar to a former poster who always ended her stories on a cliffhanger, and her sequels were always kind of over the top. It will be interesting to compare your sequels.
HelenaSophia (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
wow pjod thanks so much for telling me this! I had no idea of this story. I wonder why the doppelganger didn't want to be in the same room.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
this reminds me of a case I read up on in Jason and Grant's book... (TAPS) A couple were being plagued by the Wife's dopelg... They called Taps in to investigate. Seems the dopel would appear when it was sure the wife would not be in the same room. Grant and Jason also experienced the same phenom while investigating. They thought if they could only trick this thing into being in the same room as the wife... So they tried to set it up. Grant was in a bedroom with the dopel, and just as the wife was about to enter the room, the dopel excused herself and walked into another door and closed it behind her, a second before the wife walks in. Here, the door the dopel disappeared behind, was a closet door. The dopel seemed very nervous, recalls Grant, moments before the wife walked into the room. It seemed to know that it was about to be caught up in the same room... Very strange.
HelenaSophia (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
redphx, no, that is not possible... Altough I did ask my mother once, but she would never give her child away.

Kimsouth, yes a lot actually but the most rcent from my uncle in 2009...

Trix, I have the same picture in my head! I regret not asking people at school or even teachers if they saw her too.

The officer didn't tell my parents.

I have a part 2 and even part 3 but I'm not allowed to post until next Monday...
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Hi HelenaSophia, the only problem I have with this dobbelganger is the fact that EVERYBODY sees her. If she was from the spiritual world in my eyes this story would have been headline news, because she went to school with all of those humans like she is also a human. In my mind I paint a picture of a dobbelganger that sits in a class with fellow pupils and nobody noted anything strange about her except that she looks like you but different eye colour. I mean the teacher would have talked to her as well in class and if a dobbelganger sit in a class would everybody see her or just the ones that is sensitive for ghosts. Dobbelgangers is from the spiritual world aren't they? This story confuses me a little. If it was me I would have gone to check her out face to face to see what happened, and there must be record of all the pupils in school. I would have investigated this if it was me. Trix ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Wow, it does sound like to many sightuings to be just a coincedence.

Have you had anything else occur? Any deaths in the family? Did the police office tell your parents? What was your parents reaction?

Look forward to hearing an update,
God Bless!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Long lost sister in meaning you had a sister that your parents gave away. Like you were a twin and they couldn't keep the second baby. I don't know if the statement is said in other countries but I've heard it said in America quite a bit. I am unsure now if it sounds offensive to people outside the US. 😐
HelenaSophia (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
zzsgranny,the school I went to, was really big. I only hung out why my group of friends, I didn't really and explore. But I do understand what your saying!
HelenaSophia (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
redphx, I don't understand so myself and what do you mean by my long lost sister?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I think if you went to school with someone who looks exactly like you, you would have seen them at some point...

And one other point on the slang: American English is a pretty butchered up version of the English language...We've hacked it to pieces and at times, it's hard to understand us, even by other English speaking peoples... For example: "getting pissed" in England, Australia or Ireland means getting drunk, here it means you're extremely angry... I just think that if English is a prominent language where you live, it would follow the slangs of the more proper dialect...
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
It could be someone that looks just like you. That is possible I guess. But she would have to look exactly exactly like you for your friends to be confused. Maybe you have a long lost sister. I don't really understand doppelgangers so I can't be of much help. But I really really want to know more! This is exciting to read.
HelenaSophia (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Thank you so much, iwanttohelp. That is really handig, haha.
IwanttoHelp (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I live in the Netherlands too
Check this site to look at the dutch education system

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_the_Netherlands
HelenaSophia (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
No, haha I was 13 when it started. I was in high school. The system in America is very diffrent than ours, I guess!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
HelenaSophia - I'm confused about how old you were in the story. You said you were in second grade. Did you mean second grade in primary school or the second grade of high school? Because second grade in primary school would have made you 8 or 9 years old, right?
LumenFilia (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I want to hear the rest now! At first I was confused when you said you were taking Physics second grade. In America you're only ten or so in second grade.
HelenaSophia (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
erin19, thank you for reading my story!

Zzsgranny, where I live, we talk more English than Dutch. Or we only curse in English and talk politely in Dutch,haha.

Trix, I agree, I would really not like it if one of my students didn't have respect for me. I now do respect my teachers! Well, I'll have a part two coming up but in that time, no one followed her. My friend was very shocked because he is very afraid of ghosts. Plus, he really thought it was me and he couldn't go to the ladies! That's really weird, do know something more about her?
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Hi HelenaSophia, while reading your story I feel like blessed not being a teacher, because I don't think I would put up with attitudes so disrespectful. I'm glad to hear your better now. Anyway did anyone followed this up to see if this dobbelganger is indeed not a real person just looking like you? I mean the eyes are different. Many strangers greet me in the street. I just greet back. Many of my patients said that they saw me in the past. I've got a dobbelganger somewhere or what I believe there are other women that looks like me. Trix 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I know this is a weird question, but, are "what the hell, dude?" and "piss me off" common slang in the Netherlands?... 🤔

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: