You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Haunted As A Child

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted As A Child

 

Please take the time to read all of these and if you don't want too- then at least read the last story as it is the most disturbing.

The encounters began progressing, getting me worried. Whenever I would go into the basement of my house, I would NOT want to go alone, and when going back upstairs, felt as if something would be behind you, trying to pull you back down and harm you. There was a door in the basement that had a hook lock high on the door so kids couldn't get in (as it was a work room) which would lock and unlock itself frequently.

This story is a bit frightening-

I recall one time falling asleep on the couch in my living room and taking a nap. I wasn't asleep for long, but I was definitely out of it. The only thing I remember is literally JUMPING awake at the sound and FEELING of someone in a deep, unfamiliar voice whispering right into my ear. I even FELT the breath hit my ear and when I shot awake nobody was there, and the voice was very deep and sounded half human.

This is a bit disturbing now-

The encounters began progressing. The little ones like the closet doors opening when I left the room, the sounds of people running outside my bathroom when I was in the shower, etc. However, one night when I was sleeping in my bedroom, I was rudely awoken by a rough shove to my upper back which even left the springs momentarily bouncing on my bed as I sat up and looked around. Scary.

This is the most frightening and disturbing story I have to share with you-

Nothing big had happened as far as I could remember for a while before this. However, one night, I woke up for no apparent reason. I had been sleeping fine but was just awoken by something. The first thing I noticed was that around me it was deathly quiet, pretty unusual. My bed faced outside my door which looked at the staircase. I looked outside the door and that's when I saw it. Two apparitions.

It was like looking into a silhouette of a head, shoulders, arms, and torso of a human, but when it came below the waist, it just dissolved away. There was not only one, but two. The one closest to me had its back turned, facing the one which was further away, which was facing me. They were moving their arms as if they were in some sort of argument when the one furthest away noticed I was awake. It moved itself out from the other into clear view of me, and then the one closest to me turned around to face me. It raised one if its hands out at me, as if trying to grab me although it was about 10 feet away. At this point, I hid underneath the covers of my bed, petrified. I then heard footsteps walk up very slowly to the side of my bed and stop. I decided then that I had to face it, so I came out ready to fight and they both were gone, as if they were never there.

I thought that it would at least end after leaving the house, but it did not stop there. When at my cousin's house, we were up playing video games with no volume as it was late at night. We were in the basement of his house with our backs turned to most of the basement. Suddenly out of the darkness, a voice like a small child said "Hello?" We looked at each other in shock and then back into the darkness. He looked right at me and said," Holy sh**. Did you hear that?"

Please leave comments please.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thehaunted, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

PandaBear (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Fantastic story! I mean wow! I too would be really frightened if that sh*t happened to me (excuse my french) I really feel for you! Good luck!:) ❤ ❤ ❤
Highnoon (9 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
The Haunted,

My name is Ed -- I'm a writer working on a prospective new TV series called "Don't Turn Out The Light" (site: www.dtotl.com). This is a paranormal series, recreating real tales of peoples' encounters with the paranormal.

Currently we're compiling episodes for the series, with the aim of representing the most fascinating ghost stories around the world -- it's for that reason that I came across your spooky story.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in allowing, at least in part, those accounts recreated?

At this early stage, this would involve initiating contact only. Depending on your preference, it would mean me contacting you to further discuss what the show is about and how it would relate to your contribution.

I understand, given the unsettling nature of the subject matter, if recanting it may not be preferable - so please understand, the series will be in good taste, take the subject seriously, and will protect your personal details as you'd require.

Thanks again for your time - please email me at the contact details in my profile if you're interested (edjory [at] gmail.com).
TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
the voice's bit I have had happen to me before
But mine was my dead cat and it is scary
Thehaunted (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
I'm pretty sure nothing happened on the land, I asked my parents.
MidnightRose (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
Hi Thehaunted,

I was wondering, have you tried to find out the history of the house or the land itself? Maybe something happened in the house before you moved in? Thank you for sharing:)
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Hi Thehaunted,

Like JustCurious and cosmogal926 I can also relate to your sharing. I guess you experience these things becaus you are open to it. The death live around us and will approache those who can sence them. If you have more stories to tell, please let us know!

Greetings,
Peter
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Hello Thehaunted, I have to echo JustCurious and say those sounded like very frightening experiences. I have had similar things happen to me as a child, and as an adult. Such as: whispering in my ear, being shook and tapped on my back while in bed. When you and your cousin heard the voice do you believe it was the same entity from your home? Have you experienced anything else since these incidents as a child? Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
Those situations do sound rather scary. I have had a similar experience to that last one, with hearing the voice in from behind, but it was a little different. I'm going to try and post that story soon.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: