You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Niece's Nightmares

Real Ghost Stories

My Niece's Nightmares

 

This story about my niece Nadja who for the last three years has been sleepwalking and having nightmares. When she sleepwalks it hard to wake her up she cries and runs around the houses and says things. Almost two weeks ago Nadja was sleepwalking and crying for her mom who was out that night. She wouldn't calm down and finally I pick her up and took her to my room and turned on my radio. When she saw my radio she started screaming and crying, My radio is black with a blue light since she wouldn't calm down I called her mom.

After talking to her mom she calm down but she still was sleepwalking so I ask her about her nightmare since she always forgets what her nightmares are about when morning comes.

Nadja told me that in her nightmare she was in Los Angeles and it was on her ninth birthday which is not until seven more months away. She said that she was getting chased by a black jet black shadow with blue eyes which is also why she freaked out when she saw my radio. She said that the shadow wanted to hurt her and that I was there and that I told her to hide and I also told her goodbye and ran off.

A week ago she also had a nightmare and in her nightmare a mean ugly little boy was telling her cruel things and she said that in her nightmare it was happening in my house where she, her sister and her mom who also my sister are living with us right now. Nadja has had so many nightmares but I know only about these two nightmares. I should also mention that three years ago my sister had a hard breakup with her boyfriend and was so stressed out so much that she went looking for a man who did, I think it was witchcraft not sure though in order to bring her and ex together despite the fact I told her many times not to do that.

She was told to pray to a catholic saint and she was given a necklace by the man. She placed that necklace and photo of the saint in her daughters room which was Nadja and Sandra (the younger sister) room. After a short time after that Nadja, Sandra, and my sister Mary began to experiences many things. I know that this is the connection between my niece and her nightmares. I would like everyone opinion and hopefully good advise so I can help her.

Other hauntings by watermoon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, watermoon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Thanks everyone I am very happy with everyone words.
I just wanted everyone opinion and I got them so thank you and I'll find out where this leads me and for my niece. 😁
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Well, watermoon, I was going to orginally say that it could've been night terrors. That also might be where her lack of memory comes from concerning her dream.
Don't jump too conclusions of paranormal activity, search out another answer before concluding it is paranormal.
I have also had instances where a house feels suffocating because of negative energy (caused by paranormal entities). Try lighting a candle or burning incense, and pray to bless the house and to protect the house and its inhabitants from negative entities.
Hope this works; You can email me if you want to.
LOve & Light, Rachel ❤
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Wow it sounds like the people in your family that practice witchcraft are into the evil side of it. Just like in the Wizard of Oz there are good witches and bad witches. Most people who practice magic of any kind believe in karma or some form of it so they won't mess around with curses. I personally believe in the rule of three. That means whatever you send out will come back to you three times as good or as bad. I'm sure whoever tried to curse you is getting it back harder than what they tried to do to you.

I hope your sister and nieces are doing better.
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
From what my sister told me is that it not so bad anymore but both of my nieces still have their abilites and still have some experiences but not so bad as back then. Oh yeah Brujeria and Santeria are not safe to mess with. I have a big big family some of my family in Mexico do Brujeria but I rarely have contact with them but it rumored that they tried to curse me and my siblings and parents. Did it work don't know but we did learn who are family is and who we can trust. 😕
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
watermoon, so then your sister and niece are not expericening anything more in the new house? I hope not, and I hope your niece has gotten better with the nightmares and sleep walking. Oh wow you know I completely forgot about Brujeria, and there is another one called Santeria. I don't mess around with that either, that is probably why it slipped my mind. 😕 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
hi watermoon, interesting story.
Firstly I was always told to try and wake up a sleepwalker could be dangerous to the walker,
A sudden shock like that is not good, keep them out of harms way and move things if needed but don't try to wake her next time. Just my thoughts.

Now agree with the others could just be stress related does sound like the whole family has gone through a lot of upset and for a child this will tell on them.

She might even be subconsiously blaiming herself for the breakup or what's happened since kids can hold a lot in chat to her it might help.

All the best
Carl
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
I completely agree with otteer. It sounds like your niece has been through a lot of stress and anxiety which can bring on night terrors in children. I also just want to add that witchcraft and catholic saints usually don't go together. So it's possible this man gave her some advice that might have back fired. What kind of activity are they experiencing at the house?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
I have to agree with otteer, I don't think this is paranormal in nature. I think it's just night terrors associated with stress. She is young and it sounds like her life may be slightly unstable, but it's good that you care so much for her and your sister. At least she has you as a stronghold.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Watermoon,

Im so glad you wrote, hopefully you will get some good feedback here.

I get the feeling that you niece has had a tough homelife? Single mom with boyfriend problem history,moving,insecurity etc, it maybe the contributing factor to her nightmares.

My nephew suffered from night terrors at an early age, symptoms included acting out in his sleep, climbing on things and hysteria. It was very difficult to wake him up. He was exhausted all the time. At the time, both his parents were heavy drinkers. Later he grew out of the terrors but continued to sleepwalk.

From what I have learned personally this is a chemical imbalance that keeps the body from becoming immobile properly during sleep. It can be triggered during times of stress and can be a lifelong problem if it has a medical cause. Mine occured from ages 9-12 when I was having problems in school. My son has been to a sleep clinic twice to try and find out why he sleeps so hard but is tired all the time. It turns out it is an adrenal problem now being treated.

Maybe mom should take her daughter to a sleep clinic and see if she is having sleep problems that have a medical cause first before anyone jumps to any conclusions. She needs to be well rested to function and, as she approaches puberty this will be doubly important.

You sound like a good Aunt who cares for her family. Bless you for being so compassionate. I don't think you have to worry about the spell, dosnt sound like anything paranormal.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: