You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Ghost That Does Not Let Me Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost That Does Not Let Me Sleep

 

Hello, My name is Tyrell and am 17. I have seen ghosts al my life and it seems like they are beginning to not scare me anymore. Well, all but one. Over the past few days, I have not been able to get to sleep. And this wasn't just normal insomnia, this was someone who did not want me to sleep. Every time I fell asleep, I jumped awake as if I had just had a nightmare. The only thing is I had just closed my eyes.

But the other night, I was sleeping on my couch and I jumped awake only to see a figure sitting on the back of the couch. I squealed in fear and pulled the covers over my head. When I pulled them down, it was gone. A similar thing happened to me in my room the day before yesterday. I jumped awake and saw a person walk right through my bed right in front of me.

Then I began thinking.

I had a friend recently die in a car accident. His name was braden. That figure I saw in my room could have been him. Although I don't know what he would want to visit me for.

He is not the only ghost that resides in my home. All my life I have seen people I never knew and even animals! Sometimes one of my pets that had passed on. So I am not sure if this was braden but all I know is I want to find out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 3395, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
I'm going to have to agree with Demonbinder, finely someone other then me is making sense on this site.

Listen to Demonbinder, and for get all of these other ones wanting you to talk to what they believe to be ghost, when they are really demons.

Take care,

Walter 😁
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
Excuse me for a moment Tyrell. But I'm a little confused by 2 responses below me. Should he say his friend's name or not? Lol. I see both point of views...
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear Tyrell,

I am quite conflicted in what to say about your situation. It could be spirits of your loved ones or it could be shapeshifting demons called legions. I can only say, show no fear and don't get too attatched to them. Live with them in peace.

However, you could perform a cleansing. Try and ask the moderators of YGS, I believe they have a great knowledge when it comes to cleansings and ghostly activity.

Thank you for posting your story. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
No one can jump to the conclusions that its a deamon, because it didn't mena any harm, it just made his presence felt, it might aswell be your friend, just telling you hes still there with you, if any of these presences attack you tell them in the name of god to leave you alone (god can be any religion god, that's what evil is really scared off!) as in for other spirits you can try to ask them who are they and hopefully get an answer, just don't say a specific name, because deamons lie...

Good luck with your presences =]
Blessed be ❤
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
That is not you friend Braden. Braden has passed onto eternity and has no buisness in this world, as his time is already up. These people and loved ones you see are demons, familiar spirits at that, capable of taking any form. Sit up in your room and rebuke those demons in the name of Jesus.
Soma (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-17)
The same thing happens with me too, maybe once a month or so. Sometimes it happens for several days in a row: I wake up(wide awake) as if somebodys intentionally woken me up, my hearts beating fast and I feel a presence in the room. I don't know what they want though, all I want is to get some sleep! AHH what I wouldn't give for a roommate, I sound like a kid but I really don't want to sleep in my room alone. Recently I just leave the computer and msn on for light, and to feel I'm not so alone and if anything happens Ill just message someone ... Sometimes I go to sleep with my favourite comedy(Red Dwarf) still playing.

I don't know what to do either... Its so frustrating isn't it, when your sleep is disturbed in this way? I have had sleep paralysis 3 times but it hasnt happened in a year thank God. Sleep paralysis is much worse!
Hada (36 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-18)
There are so many occurrances that resonate the handicraft of the Jinn and no space or time for me to elaborate. I forward some articles on the subject for your perusal. It struck me odd that the Jinn would only be found in Judaic and Islamic lore, why wouldn't the jinn be mentioned in the Christian books. Then lo and behold one day, I found mention of the creatures of fire in Psalms 104:1-4. All these goings- on can be explained quite easily. Forgive the nonchalant attitude about these occurances, I don't mean to trivialize these events in any way, I realize their scarring effects. Perhaps living so near the "main headquarters" of the jinn has perhaps increased my tolerance or level of acceptability of these incidents. As mentioned in the articles, these creatures fear you as well if you show them who's boss so simply tell him/them to leave in the name of God.

http://www.socialpages.com.pk/117/jinn.asp

http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/scarves/jinn.html
unguided_traveler (9 stories) (35 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-18)
hey Tyrell, how's it? Okay, now I have to admit, I've been haunted since I was born. My mom doesn't like to talk about it, but she knows it too. When I was a baby, she used to see strange shadows on the walls and ceiling around my crib. As I got older, she said that I sometimes looked and pointed at things that weren't there. I'm now 16, and am living in a different house than the one I was born in, but things still happen to me. Since I'm a cronic insomniac, no one takes my stories seriously. If you want to read some of them, just go to the Alaska stories...you'll find them all there. If you have any questions or concerns, you can email me at jerichosqueen [at] hotmail.com, okay?
hope things get better for you... I just wish that they could get better for me. 😐
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-14)
I think that if this is your friend, he has something important to tell and will not let you rest without you knowing this. One thing I suggest to try is take a picture of your recently deceased friend, place it under your pillow and ask him to tell you want he wants, use your friends name, just incase it is someone/something else.
xEmoxHuggerx (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-13)
I know how you feel. I live in an extremely haunted house. Like you, I've always been able to see ghosts, though they don't usually like me responding to them being there. Once, I even had an axe thrown at me, because I responded. Though, some don't mind me responding. Yesterday, I found a girl in my room playing with my porcelin dolls. I didn't care because she's been playing with them ever since I moved into this house. She's a sweet girl. Just not as talkative as that ghost that pops up at like midnight to talk about the weather. SERIOUSLY.
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-13)
Dear Tyrell,

I am getting no indication this spirit is evil. So it possibly could be your friend. If you do live with other people in the home ask them if they have had the same things happen. Seeing a ghost for me only happened when I wanted to. If you want to know more about my story go to http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=885
To find out what he spirit is confront it your self. You also could put a powder substance on the floor, this may sound weird, but it is not. What happens is the spirit can easily write on the floor and tell you what you want to know. For this to work, you need a solid floor, and if you live with your parents ask first. Another way is like Shane said, bring a medium into your home.

Good luck to you,
Amanda
Baller101 (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-13)
I agree with abby, you should confront whatever it is that's doing this.

good luck!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-13)
Dear 3395,

If you can get past your fear, ask this entity what it wants. If no reply, tell it with great intention to leave and not bother you anymore. If you are afraid, first protect yourself in bright white and/or violet/purple light like an encased cocoon and bring into your mind anything or anyone within your belief system that you draw strength, confidence, support and protection from (God/Goddess, ancestors, angels, masters, various living and non-living loved ones and pets and so forth). Use your army of supporters to help you protect your "self" and ward off the uninvited guests. The more you feel empowered and the more strength of intention that you have from within your "self" and belief system, the more you will be protected and taken care of. With this strength and confidence there will not be an opening or energy left to feed upon by your uninvited guest. It or they will go elsewhere.

You need to look at why you would draw such uninvited guests to you in the first place. You have the answer and nobody else.

If you are unable to rid yourself of this and other uninvited guests, you may want to do as others like Shane below has suggested here on this site and elsewhere on the net. You will find the help and answer if you search and research, as it will come.

A peaceful night's rest will be yours, as soon as you create it. Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
If these events are truely happening to you then I would suggest you contact a local medium to assist you in your endevors to figure out what is going on. That or you are going to have to learn to live with these incidents. The only other options you have are a cleansing of your home by either a member of your church or a smudge ceremony. You could also try wearing a charged clear quartz crystal. One other thing is burning lavander incense before trying to sleep at night.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: