You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I Think Something Followed Me Home

Real Ghost Stories

I Think Something Followed Me Home

 

I have had multiple ghost experiences, but for me the scarier ones are the experiences that took place in my home. I am 15 years old, and even though I am interested in the paranormal, I do get scared from time to time.

Over the past year, I have been having some weird experiences. They all started when I came home from a friends house though. I know their house is haunted, so I think something/someone followed me home from her house. I know it is possible from ghosts to follow you home, which is why I think the ghost came from her house. Ever since this ghost has followed me home, I have seen white mists in my door way, and I have heard voices. I was sat on my bed once, and I heard at the other end of my bed, a womans voice. I couldn't make out what she had said, but I knew I heard her. Also, when I was in the kitchen getting my breakfast, I heard a voice come from the opposite corner to the one I was stood in. I heard a man's voice, but again, I didn't know what was being said. I looked over there, and out the corner of my eye, I saw my dog look in the exact same corner. I thought this was werid because I have heard dogs are meant to be sensitive to the paranormal.

Also, about 3 months ago, I was at school, and I was in the form room waiting for my friend to finish her lunch, when I heard someone walk into the form room, I saw them pass by me from out the corner of my eye, and the foot steps stopped behind me. I got the creepy feeling that they were looking at me, so I turned round to see who it was, but no one was there.

I think the experience that freaked me out the most over the past year is when I was in bed, and I was just about the turn off my lamp on my bedside table, and just as I was reaching out to turn it off, I heard, from the other end of the room, someone/something running towards me. It was so loud, my mum came upstairs thinking that I was running about in my bedroom.

Its really freaked me out. My most recent encounter was when my mum gave me a few pens, and ONE of them had a LID on. I was testing them out on a piece of paper, to see which ones were blue and which were black, and the one with the lid was blue. When I had sorted them out, I had three blue pens (including the one with the lid) I walked out the room for 5 minutes, and I then came back in, and mum followed me. I gave her the blue pens, and I noticed the one with the lid was missing. So I thought it was just under the paper I had on the floor. I sat back down, and I continuted to sort out the paper, hoping to find the pen too. After about five minutes, I got something in my eye, so I walked over to the mirror. When I looked down at the floor though, my pen with the lid was on the other side of the room. I tried everything to 'debunk' it. But it was too close to the wall, so I would have heard it hit the wall if I had kicked it or flicked it over there. I asked my family if they had moved it, but they hadnt. I think something moved my pen, and I think something unseen lives in this house.

I think it moved the pen just to let me know that its still living here, and isn't going anywhere just yet. It does scare me, but after a while I get used to it, until something happens again. I'm sure there will be more experiences to add to my list.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BlueberryCharms, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

p-a-s-d-e-c-h-e-v-a-l (22 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Yeah, I think it's a poltergeist, although I'm basing my judgements off knowledge of Harry Potter, hehe.
BlueberryCharms (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
hello, thankyouu polterguy973 for your comment. Personally, I don't think its a poltergeist, but other peoples opinions on my 'haunting' is good. I don't find what I have in my house/room threatening, I'm just slightly scared because I have never had to live with spirit activity before. I think things have started to 'die down' in my room now, and I think its moved to the attic. I did ask it to leave my room a few weeks ago, and ever since then, I have heard noises from the attic. Everything from foot steps and banging to the sound of things moving around and knocking noises. I'm happy whatever is living in my house is still here after I asked it to leave my room, and I'm happy that I can get some sleep now.

BlueberryCharms ❤
polterguy973 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Ive just joined this site and am sifting through it for interesting stories, this is one of them for sure, I would think its abit early to attach the word polterghiest to your story, that's my opinion anyway,
Dont they normaly bang on walls cielings and throw objects,
what stands out about your story is that your dog seamed to notice something, at the same time and in the same direction as you, when stuff gets moved its anoying because there's always room for doubt
But the hearing voices and foot steps is hard to explain unless you live in an appartment,

What you need most off all is evedence so others will take you seriousely especialy mum an dad,
As you are still a minor you will need there support in solveing this issue.

Good luck.
😊
BlueberryCharms (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Hello, thankyou for your comments.:) I have had experiences at my friends house. I have heard voices and things have touched me, but I have never seen anything. I told my friend, and she said it was similar to what she had experienced at her house. I have told my parents, but they don't believe me, and its hard to convince them the things that are happening is true, because nothing has happened to them.:/ at the moment I can just feel a presents around me all the time at home, and it freaks me out. I hate going to sleep in my room, I have had to sleep in my sisters room once or twice, because I don't like the feel of my room. I constantly feel like somethings there. I haven't had a lot of sleep in the past two weeks, because I constantly wake up scared.:/

BlueberryCharms ❤
Fallen-Angel (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
ive not long turned 14 and I agree it can be quite frightening especially in eerie location. Due to being brought up around the paranormal I know quite a lot of information. I agree with Darkfantum, it is common with poltergeists to move objects, and to answer your question yes dogs are sensitive to the paranormal. It said dogs have a sixth sense that humans dont. I would like to ask before you went to your friends house did any paranormal activity take place to you?
applemunchkin18 (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
That's creepy. I just don't know if they're harmful, or just roaming around and watching you. 😐
Xx_UnHuman-BrainCells_xX (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
I agree with Darkfantum, I think its some Poltergeists too.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
I too was wondering if you experienced anything at your friends house... (before the stuff started happeing at your house) if you did, and they noticed you could see, hear etc them... The word may have gotten out and you became a beacon so to speak. Or, they did follow you home and attracted like with their presence. Hope you come back and interact with us, am very curious! /thanks for sharing! ❤
mysticman1994 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Hello,
There is a few theories to what you are experiencing. First I would like to know why you think its the ghost from your friends house that had fallowed you home and if you had done anything at that house that may have attracted that ghost to you? Ouji bords for example are in my opinion very dangerous and could hold negative consequences. Because spirits do not normally fallow someone for no reason. Second, from the story with the pens it sounds like some sort of poltergeist activity but a very mild case of it. The things you have described do not sound malevolent in any way but they do seem intelligent and are trying to communicate with you. The best thing to do is to show no fear but also do not be disrespectful and thing should eventually calm down. Hope this helps!

MM
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
holly cow! BlueberryCharms you are brave! I don't know how you can handle all that. But I agree that you should ask your friend or tell her what's going on.

when I was younger I had to use the bathroom so I got up with my flashlight because my grandparents hated me turning on all the lights (I'm terryfied of the dark). And as I came back down the hallway to my room and I was about to open the door someone run up to me so fast and loud I thought I was going to pass out! 😨 I screamed so hard and turn on the light to find nothing! I spend the night with grandma and I hate long hallways for that very reason!

Thank you for sharing your story and your experience reminded me of that night.

Keep us posted if anything else happens!

Looney ❤
GlowEyeSpirit (2 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
W0w,Someon follow you still... Might need your help or communation or know who are u? Importment need yourself strong postive just ingore... Hope so need solve problem go away 🤔
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Hmm strange, you said you know your friend's house is haunted? I'm assuming you experienced things there? Have you told your friend about what your experiencing? I have heard other posters on here talk about poltergiests, that tends to be common in younger teens because of their hormones and the different stressors they face. I'm no expert by any means but its food for thought. Let us know if anything else happens. Good luck!
darkfantum (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
that is common with poltergeists moving objects and if it hasent caused you any harm then you should try and relax becuase it won't do anything to you

Darkfantum
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Did you tell your parents about this events? What did they have to say about this?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: