You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Red Crayon Followed Me?

Real Ghost Stories

The Red Crayon Followed Me?

 

Alright hear me out. Everyone here is probably going to think this is fiction. But I want to share this with all the YGS readers. So I'll just start at the beginning. (This was a period of 5 days)

November 22, 2021

At around 12 pm my mom and Alexa left the house to get stuff for Thanksgiving. We were inviting most of my mom's family over like we always do every year. So my mother wanted to get lots of food for the about 20 people, plus us she was inviting. So when she had came home it took about 15 minutes to get all of the grocery bags on the table.

Now in the time she was gone which was maybe 1 hour and 30 minutes. One event happen that involved my younger sister, Sophie.

Sophie is about 14 years old almost 15. So she's a lot younger than me and Alexa.

(If you spent a day with her not knowing her age you'd think she was 10 or something)

Now for this story to make sense. I was in the living room that had the door to the backyard, if you were standing in the kitchen you'd be able to see the living room I was in perfectly. Now the steps to upstairs were right by the front door so when you'd walk in on your right would be the steps, in front of you would be a bathroom on the left and the entrance to the living room, and on the left would be the second living room.

As I was just sitting in the living room I noticed a red crayon rolling on the ground and right to my foot. As it stopped rolling I heard a girl yell for me from upstairs possibly around 10 years. I thought it was Sophia even though she said she was going outside. But maybe she snuck in the house without me knowing. Besides she was the only other girl in this house so it made sense at the time for the voice to belong to her. So I just got up and headed to the stairs. As I reached the first step I froze, the same red crayon was there just laying on the first stair. I ran back to the living room where I found the red crayon rolling to my foot. It was gone. I ran back to the stairs and the crayon had moved to the second step. I heard the same voice call for me from upstairs. Just then the back door opened, and Sophia walked in. This is what we said:

Sophia: "umm what's wrong?"

Me: "Are you playing a trick on me with this red crayon?"

Sophia: "No, I wasn't even in the house this entire time."

I froze to clear my self up. Obviously something in this house is playing a trick on me. But I didn't know what it was was.

That night I had a dream that I was looking at the crayon and out of nowhere it moved to the next step twice. This happened every night until this night it made it's way up all the stairs. All of a sudden things went dark and I heard a girl the same voice that had been calling my name say:

"I'm coming for you, so you better watch out"

I swear I could've seen the smallest outline of a girl just sitting there on the top step.

Ever since this happened I've been doing loads of research. But I could barely find anything to help my experience. Although I happened to come across some urban legends and creepy pastas but nothing about a little girl, considerably a ghost.

Now I'm obviously not going to a conclusion yet. I want to find more information on this before I even insist to jump to conclusions. Most likely looking up the history of the house.

I'll keep you guys posted if I can. Bye, hope you enjoyed this odd story.

Other hauntings by DarkDaisy_13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarkDaisy_13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-12-27)
Dude, my first grade teacher would have made me write 20-2=18 a thousand times or until there's nothing left of that friggin haunted red crayon. 😁 😁
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+3
2 years ago (2021-12-09)
According to her profile DarkDaisy will be taking a break from YGS for awhile. So don't hold your breaths waiting for an answer.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-12-08)
From my point of view, it would be better if Sophie/Sophia never read this story... She might feel offended by the way you have described her: "about 14 years old almost 15... (If you spent a day with her not knowing her age you'd think she was 10 or something) "

I don't know if you're talking about her physical appearance, or if it is her personality but, either way, she may not like it. Specially since she's supposed to be 18 years old.

Why do I keep putting the wrong stuff. Her age is 18 now why do I put 14 years old?."

It's hard to answer such a question without pondering if you have been honest when presenting these facts.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+3
2 years ago (2021-12-08)
Daisy,
I would suggest this to you, just as others have; write your story out either in Word or on paper, then re-read it. It might be helpful to have your sister or a friend proof read it for you as well. That way you might catch some of these bothersome math/date problems before they make your story look sketchy. This isn't some race, nor is there a deadline to get your stories out there, so take your time with them.
DarkDaisy_13 (4 stories) (27 posts)
-4
2 years ago (2021-12-07)
Hi there Anno-Domini,

Not this again😔.

Why do I keep putting the wrong stuff. Her age is 18 now why do I put 14 years old?. I don't know
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2021-12-06)
Correction to my previous comment;

This puts your age at 20 as of today, while your sister ("Sophia" in your profile but "Sophie" here?) should be about 18, however "Sophie"'s age is 14-15 here even though there's a 2-year gap in between the both of you?
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+7
2 years ago (2021-12-05)
Hi DD...

I initially thought the nitpicking on your other story was a little overboard... But;

In your profile you state "On February 13, 2001 my mom gave birth to me and my twin sister, Alexa. Two years later Sophia was born."

This puts your age at 21 as of today, while your sister ("Sophia" in your profile but "Sophie" here?) should be about 19, however "Sophie"'s age is 14-15 here even though there's a 2-year gap in between the both of you?

I'm quite confused.

AD.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-11-30)
Hi DarkDaisy_13

Definitely looking forward to reading you and your family's experiences.
DarkDaisy_13 (4 stories) (27 posts)
-1
2 years ago (2021-11-30)
Hi there Rajine,

I don't know the inter history behind the house but it has something to do with a little girl going missing in the woods behind are house and she seemed to be forgotten. (My neighbor told me)

My family have so many stories to share! I'll probably get around to making a story on their encounters too. Probably around December 5 in case any other things happen.

Also I don't think the entity is just targeting me. According to some of the stories my family as shared it seems to be the entity is attracted to only people alone. Are family as much more stories of them being alone then anything.
But I think their main target is me and Alexa since we technically lead it to our house.

We don't know what we're dealing with yet but we all think it's a little girl possibly around 7 years old.
I'll try my best to give new details.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-11-30)
Hi DarkDaisy_13

I feel that you will be able to get more information about this once you start looking into the history of your house, also you could ask family members if they experienced anything out of the ordinary, I wonder why this entity is revealing itself and targeting you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: