You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Possession Of My Two Friends

Real Ghost Stories

Possession Of My Two Friends

 

I am not really sure how to start this off, as I am still not sure if what happened was real. I will start with a bit of background information first. Back in 2009 I had a close group of friends, we did everything together, we went camping at least once a month, we saw each other all the time, we all had sleepovers at each others houses and we was just a tight knit group. We were also a group very interested in communicating with 'spirits'. We often did Ouija boards and most of the time we got some exciting activity. We often communicated with someone called 'RK', she didn't say much about herself but the cup used to be moved in a cross movement and then would just spin and spin until the cup flipped over, she called one of my friends a 'dead woman walking' and said she wanted her blood to spill.

Anyways one night when we were all together, we decided to go to this abandoned house (Blue Hill Lane, Wortley, Leeds LS12). A couple of us had been in it before and thought we had saw black figures, I actually have a video on youtube and for only a split second you see a black figure like shadow and then it goes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxJRO2qpr8s - Skip to 7.20, we were not taking this seriously at all). We went up this night determined to see something 'exciting'. 3 of us (Me, Liam and Amber) climbed into the house, 2 (Michael and Sarah) were stood at the window and the rest were on the other side of the road. We tried to perform our own little seance and even though we were seeing shadows, it wasn't enough. Amber then said 'Show us you're here, go into one of us' and at that very point Michael collapsed onto the ground and Sarah ran over to everyone else. Me, Liam and Amber picked Michael up and took him over the road. It was as if his body had turned to jelly, and even though his eyes were open they weren't focusing. We laid him on the path and were saying his name trying to get an answer out of him. His eyes then started to focus but they was completely black, like the pupil had gone really big. He started getting violent and at one point put his hands around his friends throat and was trying to bite when you'd grab hold of him. It took one of us to pin his head down, but we had to quite literally sit on his head. I was sitting on one arm, Amber was on another, and Jonathan and Chris were sat on his body and legs. And he was still able to lift us all up and kick us off. It was like his strength just multiplied.

He then began screaming, but it was like a roar kind of screaming. As he was doing this, Liam was sat with Sarah and none of us had paid attention to her since she ran over to everyone, Liam started calling my name telling me to look. When I looked she was just clapping her hands, not like big claps but very small and fast claps, with her head looking down at her legs. I tried calling her name and she wouldn't answer or look up. So I got off Michael and tried to stop her from clapping and get her attention but I couldn't. I pulled her hands apart so she would stop clapping, but she just started patting the floor and wouldn't stop. She did this for about 5 minutes, well what we'd noticed of her doing it, and then it was like she just flopped and fell asleep. She then woke up not knowing what had happened, and scared by what we told her she ran off home. Michael then 'fell asleep' and when he woke up he couldn't remember anything from when we got at the abandoned house. We went back to our friends house, and the rest of the night carried on. Although Michael kept saying he could see black shadows in the corners of his eyes run pass him, he seemed fine and like his normal self.

We weren't sure what happened that night but it wasn't the last of it. A few days later, we were at the same friends house, we were all listening to music and talking, and then Michael went outside. Again, he was screaming, growling, his eyes went black, but this time he started talking in what we thought was an American accent, he then said it was Canadian and he was a man from Canada who had worked in a 'bad boys home' (I am not sure what that is). He said he wouldn't go and that he hated us and at one point said 'I will kill you all, you'll see'. As this was happening, Sarah had started to go stiff, wouldn't talk, her eyes were really wide but her pupils looked fine. She began writing in a book and was scribbling all over and wouldn't let no one take it off her, when she came around we read the book and she had wrote all our names and wrote if we were good or bad, we were all good apart from Michael which she wrote on loads of pages as bad, nasty and evil. Again, it was like they both fell asleep and when they woke up a minute later they were fine.

We decided to go to the church to see if they could walk in. We didn't think they had demons inside them or nothing, but we just assumed if they were 'possessed' they wouldn't be able to go inside a church. They seemed fine, they was quiet but fine. Sarah even went up to the front part and there was book on one of those stands and it was open, she seemed shocked that it was in 'latin' language but no one thought anything of it. Then Felix went up to look at the book and called me over, when we looked the whole book was in English. We asked Sarah to come over and show us what page she was on, and when she came over and saw the book was in English, she started shaking and obviously panicking and ran out of the church. That was the last time anything like that happened to Sarah. She has been fine ever since. Michael went in and out of these moments for about a month (May 2009-June 2009). He was very angry, he booted me in the face and bit my arm until it bled, he would punch people and kick them. And he was always going in and out of this pretty much every day. After that month, he was fine.

Nothing has happened since, and I don't really know what this was. We tried to record Michael at one point but with his violence it was hard pinning him down and recording at the same time. I am not sure if this was a possession or just our friends who had panicked that night and got it into their heads something was happening to them. Although they never remembered none of it when they came back to. I just don't get how something like this can just 'disappear' and go away.

None of this is made up, it all genuinely happened. I have told two people, one thought I was a loon for thinking people could actually get possessed, and one thought I was making it up. So I haven't told anyone else until this website. We don't even mention it to Sarah and Michael because some of the stuff is pretty scary and we wouldn't want to scare them.

I guess you can make your own mind up about it though.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, coralinataylor, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
javelina and john travis my thoughs exactly!
Here in the uk we have the n.h.s (national health service) we don't have to pay for a ambulance, the doctors or the hospital bed if kept in.

We pay for that through our national insurence which comes out of our wages.
A child of 12 would not pay a thing.
So a friend colapsing in the street would make any one call the ambulance there and then, not try to hold them down.
johntravis28 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Ah I see. That makes sense then. Can't imagine the doc would be too impressed getting his door beaten down either. In this story however, it is set in Leeds, England and there definitely is a hospital there. There's a few of them I think
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
[at] johntravis,
I can relate to what your saying, but I guess I left something out that may be one of the differences that separate us.
In my home town, there was no hospital at all until the summer past our senior year. If you got hurt bad enough to be sent to the hospital, it would have to be real bad. The ambulance ride alone was going to cost someone big, and that is how it was judged. You could actually go to your doctors house in the dark of night and beat on the door until someone answered. But it would take major trauma to occur to justify calling for the big boys.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Johnny Be Good!
Go! Johnny Go!
Congratulations sir!
You've just earned your first badge!
Woo! Hoo!

Jav 😁 😁 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Go John, Go John, Go!

LoL...nicely done. Congratulations.

Respectfully,

Rook
johntravis28 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
And this comment is really just to bring me to the magic hundred mark! YAY! Congratulations me!:)
johntravis28 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I was a goody two shoes who ran to mammy everytime I skinned my knee... Well not everytime:) but I certainly wouldn't have told what was going on. I'd have made up a story, like we were just walking along when all of a sudden Michael collapsed! I wouldn't have told what we were doing in the house or Ouija boards and what not. And if I was Michael I would certainly be worried about having memory blackouts for an entire month
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Just trying to keep it real, Red. You know how it is.
😊

Javelina
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
It is easy for a Canadian spirit to end up in Britian. He could have traveled there after death or he could have lived in Britian and died there or he could have been visiting and died these. Gosh I didn't realize that being the first one to say that I believed the author would turn out like this. And yes for the record I being still young am not to far from my teenage years and we wouldn't have called an ambulance either. We would have been afraid we'd get into trouble. So as long as Michael was still breathing and not bleeding out we wouldn't have called anyone. We would have also hid it from our parents too. Not letting them know that we screwed up and possibly our parents forbiding us to see eachother anymore. So yeah we would have covered up the fact that he was violent too. Even if that meant compromising our friends health and sanity... Sad to say
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Yeah well, girls were pretty tough back then, not to say they aren't tough now, but that crying in the corner thing wasn't the norm. I did know a girl that even the guys were afraid of. She cleaned a couple of their clocks alright. Strongest girl I ever met! Saw her whip a guys butt one night. That poor guy never lived it down.
Still makes me laugh though. 😆 😆

Jav
johntravis28 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Fights at every party huh? Been to a couple of them alright. Ours were more like at some point in everybody party there will be a girl crying in the corner
LumenFilia (1 stories) (14 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
At first I'm not inclined to take this seriously, mostly because it sounds so much like a bad episode of "A Haunting". And how does a Canadian spirit end up in Britain?

What did interest me was the detail about Michael's pupils dilating. I've heard of that happening in possessions and other supernatural experiences.

Word of advice: NEVER EVER invite a spirit to possess anyone. EVER.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Another note here about teenage life in the fast lane. The physical violence? Where and when I grew up, we had a saying...
"A party isn't a party until the fight breaks out"

After that it's smooth sailing.

Jav 😆
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Thanks Jav, I am glad you saw it too. I kept rewinding and freezing the video also just to make sure it wasn't someone in their group.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
[at] johntravis28,
We were pretty uncivilized, no doubt about that! It amazes me how stupid we were back then.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Yeah, Cosmo. I saw that too. And it did look like that to me too. I had to watch it several times and freeze it, but I saw it.

Jav
johntravis28 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
I have to take your word for that one Jav. Maybe I just come from a more civilised generation 😁
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
I am still on the fence about this story. I viewed the video on youtube and you were actually in an abandonded building. It was crazy and dangerous to be there because you could have gotten seriously injured or in trouble by the authorities. However, I think I might have seen what could have been a shadow around the 7:20 mark you mention. It is right after the box pops and says "keep wathching right after so and so says look where the light was" The camera passes by a window that was brightly lit before but now there was a black shadow underneath it blocking out the light. Not sure about it so if someone else could take a look and let me know what you think that would be cool. The possession part of this still has me a leary.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
johntravis28,
It was a little different for us, I guess. You would actually have to stop breathing altogether before that became an option. And no, I'm not joking! Tell him, Succubussed. You can attest to that one from our long gone childhood days.

Jav
johntravis28 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Jav, I have no kids, but yes I was a teenager. And while I agree that we wouldn't have gone to Mammy and Daddy with anything, if a mate of mine had hit the deck the way this Michael person did, we'd have called him an ambulance though.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
I also viewed the video. These are not 12 year olds were talking about here. They don't seem to be the typical 'Harry Potter' fans either. As a matter of fact, judging by the age of the video, these people are all adults now.

Jav
BW63 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
I believe the author. I watched the video (her nickname is "Colla" which would be British for "Cora", so the idea that you can decide her story is bulloney just because you think her name has some connection to a movie or something is wrong) and there genuinely does seem to be something odd in the spot she mentions.

I went to google maps and tried to find the house on street view, but nothing looked like the place on the video. Of course it's been a few years and maybe somebody fixed it up since then.

I believe the author. I also am very impressed with her ability to write well. It's a dying art with kids these days.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
OH Brother!
Have none of you raised teenagers? Or better yet, been a teenager? Those little monsters don't tell adults anything! Where have you been? Anyone here who grew up a partier, can tell you that!
Never trust anyone over 30! Nobody ever heard of that before? Give me a break! We're talking teenagers here folks!

Jav
johntravis28 (guest)
+6
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Moongrim, I will defend the author on this point... The use of was instead of were is how a lot of british speak.

I just find it difficuly to believe that a guy could collapse and go like jelly with dialated pupils and nobody call an ambulance. I also picked up on what Rook said about getting off Michael. First of all it took all of them to restrain him, then it was OK for 1 to get up? Would it not have been better for Liam who was sitting beside her to tend to Sarah?

It just sounds like something you would see in a film where common sense doesn't come into it instead of real life.

And also, OP says she was booted in the face by Michael and bitten until she bled and he would kick and hit people, yet still no help was sought? Now she doesn't mention whether or not he only assaulted people he knew, but if he was assaulting a lot of others then I don't think the random Joe Soap walking down the street and getting kicked by a stranger would accept the "Sorry about that, he's posessed" excuse. Sorry if I sound harsh, I just don't buy it
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
All I'll say is it's not often a work of fiction offers an address, in this case... Blue Hill Lane, Wortley, Leeds LS12 or a link to a video taken at the location mentioned in the story... Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxJRO2qpr8s

Now I am unable to view Youtube vids from work but I'm willing to give the O/P some leeway on this one but I DO have a question or two for the O/P...

If your friend was being so violent on that 'first' night that it took most of you to 'hold him down' why did you release him to look at your friend who was only 'clapping'? Even if 'Michael' was having a 'fit' of some sort it would have been 'safer' to continue to hold him.

Is it possible that Michael was on medication for epilepsy or some other kinds of seizure? What you describe could be the result of an epileptic fit or seizure of some sort... (At least that first time.) I've also seen people turn violent due to their meds... (Just a thought).

As far as Sarah and her actions go... What happened to Her 'fits' the 'possessed' by a spirit (ghost) 'actions'... So I'm unsure about this.

Please, if you can provide more details. As you can see there are people here who 'doubt' this experience.

Respectfully,

Rook
lynrinth (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
*clapping* Here! Here! Not all stories are BS. Even if they sound a little too far out. There are paranormal experiences out there that do sound too incredible to be true... But yet they do happen.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
I have to agree with with red and champion here. This author probably has no idea her story has even come up yet. And she talks about not being able to tell this to others because of their disbelief.
I say she deserves a chance, man.
Some of us have some pretty wild tales on our books too. But we accept those. This girl hasn't even had a chance to have her say. We can't knock them all down.

Jav
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
I don't know if this is B.S. Or not she filled out a pretty good Bio. A lot of things are open to interpretation and she did make mistakes like saying none of this is made up and probably over embellished it but we need to hear her response to some of the questions first.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
sorry but I believe the poster is telling the truth to the best of what they understand. It may not be as serious but the fact that children tend to enhance experiences makes this a little bit more like play. So what I think is that something did happen. Michael and Sarah very well could have embelloshed their actions but the poster is telling the truth as to what they observed. This is what my sense is telling me any how.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
have to agree with everyone (except redphx,sorry) but this is in need of a blanky!
Its not even good fiction, next time you try to write a story like this try researching the subject first
Carl

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: