You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Trip Down The Stairs

Real Ghost Stories

The Trip Down The Stairs

 

When I was 5 nearly 6 I had just come home from school and had gone upstairs to get changed. When I was finished I had just come out of my bedroom and I had heard this voice saying "step over the body". I thought this was strange because I had been hearing voices like that for a while saying "Be careful" and "Don't fall down" and other things like that.

The voice was quite blurry but I made out what it said. I didn't really understand what it meant until I got to the stair case and pulled my leg out to step on the top stair. Then I felt something hard like there was a person or box and then I tripped over it.

I fell down the stairs and broke my leg but as I looked up, there was nothing on the stairs or the landing I could have fallen or tripped on.

Since then I step over the last step, even if someone is in front of me I step over it, coming up or going down. Fortunately a few years ago I moved house. Unfortunately the same incident happened but without the voices and since then I still step over the top step.

Recently I told some of my friends in senior/high school the story. They just laughed but I don't want to tell my teachers because they might just think I'm mad. I didn't tell my parents, I just told them I lost balance and I'm a bit scared that something will happen to me again.

A similar incident happened to my cousin in the same house and some of my friends said that they felt someone was watching them. My mam said she felt it get colder. I did a background check on my family and apparently one of my great great great great grand-parents had died on the top stair in a really big house, but not in the house that I'm in now.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MmLuvXx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PandaBear (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
Good story! Very easy to read and very well explained, I love it:)) ) I'm sorry to hear you had broken your leg but do you ever wonder if the voice was your great-great-great-great grandparent looking out for you so you DIDN'T fall down the stairs? But why couldn't he/she have taken the unseen object/body OUT of your way so you DIDN'T trip? Hmmmmmmmmm... ❤ ❤ ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
I can see one possibility for it. OK, BJJ the intelligent spirit was talking to a small child (5 or 6 years old), and thinking children are more often able to see spirits, it may have assumed that if the child could hear it speak the warning, then that same child might see the residual?

Jav
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
What a complicated theory, BadJuuJuu. I like it. If that were the case, what a thoughtful intelligent haunting in that house. However, if I heard a voice saying that to me, I wouldn't get it either, and I also would have broken my leg.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Thinking out loud here, but...
Intelligent hauntings and residual hauntings frequently occur in the same location. I wonder if this experience was an intelligent haunting, warning you about a residual haunting? A residual has no awareness of it's surroundings, and will not interact with the living. If the "body" in this case were a residual sort of haunt, then maybe the intelligent haunt figured it possible you could trip over it and wanted to warn you. Although I don't know if a haunt that can't even be seen would have enough mass to be a trip hazard? This is going to bounce around in my brain all day lol.
MmluvXx, this is a very interesting story. Thanks for sharing.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
This story is rather interesting. I agree with the others. Please tell your parents. I'm sure you don't want to keep getting hurt.

If I were in your shoes, I probably would have FREAKED when I stepped on something that wasn't there, and then realized that something tried to stop me from stepping on it.

"Don't step on the body." confuses me. Did someone die on your steps in your old house? Look it up.

AF1 ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
reneespring,
I think the author meant she didn't tell her parents about the voice and the real reason for fall but she did tell them that she lost balance or something. But I do have the same question about the second time it happened.

MmKuvXx,
When the second incident happened, did you break leg again or was it smaller injuries and what did you say to your parents?

If you haven't done it yet, I highly suggest that you sit your parents down and explain to them what is happening to you.
reneespring (148 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Oh sorry-I'm tired so made a mistake on my last post... I see you did tell friends-but they didn't believe you... Why didn't you tell your parents? And if you really are hearing voices, maybe you need to be checked out for mental illness just in case... On the other hand, this might all be paranormal and you might be telling the truth. So please forgive me for being cautious in believing you.
reneespring (148 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
MmLuvXx, so you broke your leg cause you tripped on something after a voice told you to "step over the body"? And you never told your parents? I find that odd that you never told your mother/father. Did your leg heal ok?

Then you say: "Unfortunately the same incident happened"...you mean you tripped over something unseen again and broke your leg again? Once again, you did not tell a soul about the invisible bump that keeps tripping you? How did your leg heal the second time?

It all sounds a bit unlikely. Sorry if I'm wrong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: