You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is This A Demon Following Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Is This A Demon Following Me?

 

I kind of have several stories all in one here, so it's a bit long. Anyways, enjoy reading it and I hope you can tell me what's going on here. Thanks.

A few months ago, I had a very strange experience that led to some more serious ones. First, I was up in my room on my laptop, watching a movie over the internet (don't ask, it's a hobby, ha ha) and then I suddenly felt a strange presence in my room. At first I just ignored it, but then I felt like I was being watched. Suddenly, one of my lightbulbs flickered, then blew up. The other two were still ok, but this made no sense since the bulbs were new; they were only a few days old. Again, I ignored it, but this time I was freaked out. A few seconds later, the other two bulbs flickered and went out for a second, then came back on again. Then I heard someone laughing. It wasn't my mum; she was downstairs, and anyways this was a man's voice. He sounded like he was inside the four walls of my room. Then just as I stared a few centimetres in front of my face, I saw what looked like an ebony black hand waving in front of my eyes, like the action someone makes when you're in a daydream and they want your attention. I was scared now; I took my laptop downstairs. Today, all of my bulbs have blown up and there are no working lights in my room.

A few days later, I had another creepy experience. I came home from school after getting back late (I had missed my bus and had to get a later one) and when I came through the front door, I heard someone laughing. As I listened I realized it was not my mum; she wasn't back yet. This was a little girl's voice. Then I heard someone, a man, whisper my name into my ear. I freaked out and ran into the living room.

A while later, after I went to bed, and it was quite dark in my room, I happened to look across the room at a painting of three teddy bears which hangs on my wall. But instead of seeing the three bears, I saw a skull with the jaw open painted on the canvas. I sat up in bed to get a closer look at it, but nothing happened. It appeared that it was simply a part of the picture, painted on the canvas. The next time I looked at it, the three teddy bears where back in the picture.

Just a week ago, I had another weird and this time very frightening experience. I was in my room again, on my laptop, and as I looked up at my reflection in the window, my image started to distort, as if a huge invisible hand was squeezing and re-shaping the glass. I stared then looked away, thinking my mind was playing tricks on me, but as I looked again, my reflection looked completely different. It had taken on a demonic look; the eyes were big, round and black, the skin was very pale, the hair was dead straight and black (my hair is not straight and black, it's brunette and wavy) the nose was very small, and the mouth, full of needle sharp teeth was open wide in an O shape as if screaming. The image was heart-retching; I was terrified. I just stared at it, and it stared back at me. Then my reflection just bounced back to normal again after I blinked at it.

Here's also something I think you should know.

When I was at my old house that we used to live in, we fitted brand new shelves in the kitchen. Just a few hours later, there was a loud bang coming from the kitchen as we sat in the living room. When we went into the kitchen to see what it was, the shelves came crashing down.

I'm really not sure if I've gone completely insane or if my house really is haunted. My mum said that this house is only 10 years old; no one has ever died in it, and I may be wrong but as far as I know, it's not built on an old burial ground or anything. Is it some kind of a demon? Please help.

Thanks a lot for reading.

Other hauntings by RosemaryKin97

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RosemaryKin97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RosemaryKin97 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Hey, please read my other story, thanks for your help so far.
ouijalad (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
didnt realise deviousangel, scrap that adding idea, sorry
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Just a word to the wise--be careful who you guys add on Facebook. There have been some viruses going around that have been hitting people who are likely connected through that medium.
ouijalad (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
rosemarykin97 add me on facebook please, jacko gunners is my name please
RosemaryKin97 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Ha ha lol it doesn't matter. 😆 It would be interesting to know where it had come from though.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Mmkay. I wondered if it had been acquired around the time the activity started, if something was attached to it. If you've had it that long though, then my theory doesn't hold water. Sorry for the wild goose chase. 😳
RosemaryKin97 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
Hi Badjuujuu. I've had this painting for as long as I can remember. It has been in my family since before I was born (I think, might be older) and was passed down to me. As for the activity in the house, it started quite a few months ago, maybe about 6 months ago.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Just out of curiosity, how long have you had this teddy bear painting? And when did the activity in this house start?
You mention the house is pretty new, no one has died in it, and that you don't think it's on an old cemetary. That's a good start on the history of the house. Keep in mind though that a person doesn't necessarily have to have died or been buried in a place to return to that place after death. A ghost will also go to a place that held significance to the individual during life. An entity can also attach itself to an item as easily as to a house or land.
Following Rook's suggestion, even though you think it may be gone, would be a good idea. Even if it is gone, his advice would push out any lingering negativity from the experience and bring in positive energy. And we could all use a little extra positive energy.
RosemaryKin97 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Thanks for telling me this rookdygin, and thanks everyone else for your help, but I think the presence may have already left. I haven't experienced anything much since I posted this, maybe just the act of telling someone made it get frightened and want to go away. But I'm not sure since last night I saw the painting of the teddy bears go all weird again. It wasn't a skull, this time the painting just looked as though it had been sprayed with acid and smudged into a big mess. I swear I could have seen some of the paint dripping down the wall, it looked like blood. *shudder* But I don't know... 😐
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Moongrim,

You seem to favor the 'Cold Iron' method of 'protection'...which can be a good place to begin... But cold iron is more famous in Fairy Folklore, with the exception of some Asian Fairies that are iron workers, than it is for Protection from Spirits / Demons.

May I ask what other sources you based this method on... Other than the one provided? Many Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Rook
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Possibly a demon. Though you'll find that Cold Iron has been a far more effective deterrent to evil ghosties.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron

This comment from ouijalad is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
RosemaryKin,

I find myself recommending this a lot... But it's a good 'basic' technique and should help you. I do not believe this to be demonic in nature, however something is trying to create a negative atmosphere that it can thrive in... Don't give in to it. Try this and please keep us posted.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Now this Ritual should not only provide a shield for your home but it should 'push' any negative energies/entities (spirits) out of your home.

Respectfully,

Rook

This comment from hotsydaddy is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

CrystalCloud (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
I don't think it's a demon. I know someone who lived the exact same thing as you but it was a bit worse. Eventually she got rid of it (I don't know why). Even if it's not a demon, I think it can follow you. I'm not very experienced with the subject, but it seems to have bad intentions so do not provoke it and as hunnybunny said, do not ever show fear (they can sense it). Have faith in what ever you believe. Also something that is often recommanded, smudge your house or keep sage in it.

This comment from BlanknameSpace is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

RosemaryKin97 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Thank you, hunnybunny. 😁 No, I don't think anything has happened outside the house but the other day while I was gardening with my Mum I felt something tap my shoulder, but it could have just been a branch from one of our bushes (we were out there to trim them).

You say if I show fear the demon's/spirit's behaviour will get worse? In what way? Maybe I've been watching too many movies but will it attack me? 😨
hunnybunny (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
wow that would be extremly scary. Has anything happened outside the house, because if it has its a demon. If its only inside the house its probally an evil spirit focussing on you. I recomend next time it trys to scare you don't show fear and tell it to go way and that you are not afraid of it anymore. If you show fear it will get worse and worse. The presence feeds off fear

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: