You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Girl In Her Room

Real Ghost Stories

Girl In Her Room

 

We currently live in a 3 bedroom townhouse. It's about 20 years old, built in 1990. My 14 year old daughter has just recently started experiencing things at night in her room. She has always been relatively independent at night time. What I mean by that is since she was a child she never relied on anything to help her get to sleep, no blanket or stuffed toy. She never needed the bedroom door to be open, or the closet door to be shut (unlike her mother).

Well about 3 weeks ago I woke up in the morning to her bedroom door open and when I poked my head inside her room she had her light on and TV. Later in the day I asked her if everything was ok. She said that she got scared in the middle of the night. When I asked her what it was she explained that she saw a black shadow form in the corner of her room and move across her wall to the other side of her room. This really scared her. I was shocked and without admitting it to her a little freaked. The hair on the back of my neck was standing on end. I remained calm and just told her that if it happens again to come lie down with me.

This has been happening maybe 2 to 3 times a week.

It got worse for her just two nights ago. In the middle of the night I heard my bedroom door open, saw my daughter come in the room and slide into bed with me. I quietly asked her if she was ok and she replied yes. I then asked her if she was a little scared. She said yes.

In the morning after breakfast I asked her about what happened. She said that this time she saw a girl standing in the corner where she would normally see the black "mass" or shadow. She said she got really scared because the girl just stood there and stared at her. She described her as being around the age of 9 with really pale skin and dark brown hair down to her shoulders. She was wearing a dress, she said it was either white or of a pale colour. She said that she was so scared. She wanted to leave the room but the girl stood right next to the entrance of her room and she didn't want to go past it. So she put the blankets over her head. When she said she felt like it was gone she peeked through the covers and seeing that the girl was, in fact, not there anymore she made a quick dash exiting out her room and into mine.

Now I'm not really sure what to do. Other then being scared myself. I know that I have to remain calm and collected for my daughter. At night I now go into her room and envision a peaceful white light filling her space and say a little pray calling on her guides for her protection.

I have tried to get her to talk to me since she received the visit from the girl and she said she doesn't want to talk about it. She said if she doesn't think about it, it will go away.

I would appreciate some advice on this so that when my daughter does want to talk, or possibly encounters the girl again we can take some sort of action.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Other hauntings by Alyssa11

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alyssa11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-17)
Although I can appreciate others' suggestions and they are (for the most part) valid, I honestly don't see any reason to fear this presence. It hasn't shown any ill will toward your daughter. Assuming it's merely a human spirit (which it quite likely is), let's put things in perspective. It's an 8-ish year old girl!

Sure, if you'd rather her be gone, you can do as Rook suggests. However, she is either there because she needs help or because she likes being there. There could be other benign reasons, but you get the drift. I'd suggest trying to communicate with her. Maybe start by leaving toys out for her; assuming there are still some around in your house. I think that she would be thankful that your daughter acknowledged her presence that way. Once your daughter has acknowledged her presence, she can try asking questions and have the girl knock for 'yes or no' type answers. You might also try leaving out paper and crayons.

I'd definitely recommend either communicating with her or helping her pass over or both over simply banishing her from your house. Think about it. If you had a close friend whose daughter died and she was coming to visit you in spirit, would you banish her or try to help her pass over? Or at least find out what she wants?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-27)
Alyssa,

I 'know' you are well awear of the fact that Puberty doesn't happen over a set period of time... The Changes, both mental and physical range over months to years...

She may even be 'stiring' things up without realizing it as she 'explores' who she is, questions authority and generaly goes through the 'growing pains' that teenagers go through as they become adults.

Please keep us upated as to what's going on... No one deserves sleepless nights...

Respectfully,

Rook
Alyssa11 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Thanks for your help and comments everyone. I will start with this and keep you posted.
Your help is appreciated. ❤
Alyssa11 (3 stories) (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Moomgrim,

With the cold Iron, how would you go about doing that? Would I enter the room and do like smudging? And would anything Iron work, like a tire iron?
Alyssa11 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Rook, I have actually read your Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding which you have supplied to previous posters. I was going to actually use it. I'm happy to know that you have suggested it for my case. Thank you very much and I will try it.
My daughter hit puberty approx 2 years ago. So, I don't know... Would the possibility of her being the one creating the "activity" still stand? I'm defiantly not ruling that out. And if it does still stand, if it is in fact her, what should I do to stop it. Or can I?
At this time the activity is still happening. Not every morning but I would say maybe 2 to 3x a week I'm waking up to her either in bed with me or the TV and lights still on in her room. So even though she won't talk about it I know it's still bothering her.
priestessblue (2 stories) (9 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Girl, get you a Catholic priest to bless the house, seriously. This is not good. This is frightening your daughter. Definitely get a Catholic priest; they can bless the home. Also invoke the white light of Christ and ask the presence to leave. Use a strong firm voice. Tell them they cannot harm or frighten your daughter in any way. Finally, putting a crucifix up in the room would definitely help. Available at any Catholic bookstore (and no, I'm not Catholic, but believe me, all these things would help here).
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Amongst other 'options'...

"Cold iron" is sometimes asserted to repel, contain, or harm ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Rook and Nysa's suggestions are great. But I would like to add my two cents. Besides being scared, has your daughter felt any bad or good energy from this little girl? I'm asking because if she doesn't feel any evil presents from the little girl, she can help her cross over. Again, that is a choice you and your daughter have to make. Many times people can't handle that level of intensity when dealing with the spirit world.

Rook's suggestion of the spirit world being attracted to your daughter is the most likely one as most teenagers her age go though changes.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Alyssa,

I'm not sure how to ask what I want to without sounding 'crude'...I mean no offense with this question but it may have something to do with the 'sudden' activity around your daughter...

Has she just started 'puberty'? If so spirits may be attracted to the 'energy' her body is 'putting off' during the changes it's going through? Just a thought...

On top of your daughter ignoring this 'thing' please free to add this to your 'white light and guide request'.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Thank you for posting your experience... Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
Well your daughter might be on the right track with her strategy. When I was seeing things that frightened me I was able to block them out. I just meditated each night, repeating a kind of mantra that I would not see anything that would frighten me. After a while I did not have to do it each night. My sister & daughter both had luck placing objects in their room to protect them. If she sees it again you might encourage your daughter to repeat your nightly ritual in her room to "double up" the barrier, if she is comfortable with the spiritual beliefs behind it. That is likely to help regardless of what is causing her to see these things.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: