You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: One Shoe On Top Of The Other

Real Ghost Stories

One Shoe On Top Of The Other

 

For the past two mornings in a row, I have discovered one of my shoes right on top of the other, toes pointing the same direction, next to my bed. The first time it happened, I thought maybe I'd accidentally left them that way, although I just kick them off when I go to bed and it has never happened before. The first morning it happened, my husband had a nightmare. He was screaming in his sleep, so I woke him up. He said that he had a dream someone or something was at the front door, so he went to the door only to find himself standing in the front hall at the double front doors of our old Victorian house. That house was haunted. We had to tell the woman who bought it about the ghost at the real estate closing. We sold it 14 years ago and hadn't experienced any paranormal experiences ever since.

The first night I had worn my sneakers and found they placed precisely on top of each other, toes pointing away from the bed, towards a south-facing window. Last night I had worn a different pair of shoes, but they were one on top of the other, neatly, toes pointing towards the window and away from the bed when I woke up this morning. The moonlight was shining directly on them because I woke up when it was still dark.

I was curious about what had happened to our old house after the dream my husband had, so I did some online research and discovered it had recently been sold again, about a month ago. We never actually saw a ghost in that house, but we heard footsteps and experienced strange happenings such as lights turning off and on in random patterns, pictures being taken down from the wall and placed neatly, leaning against the wall on the floor.

One of our third floor tenants there claimed to have heard a male voice calling her name at night when she knew she was alone in the apartment. We heard an explosion from the basement once and ran down there, only to find nothing amiss. When the mailman would put mail through the mail slot in the front door, instead of delivering to our post office box, the chain on the inside front door would rattle. I'd go out into the hall to make sure the outside door wasn't open and I'd find the mail on the floor.

Is it possible that ghost, after 14 years, has found where we live now and paid us a visit? The thing with the shoes never happened at the old house, though.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MistyRose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
That's good to hear! I wanted to join the Navy when I was finished high school but my mom wouldn't allow it. The first reason she gave me was that I was a Hindu girl and that I should act like one. Second reason she gave me was that she and my dad brought me out Sri Lanka so that I wouldn't be pulled into the civil war that was going on in Sri Lanka and now I wanted to join the Navy.

I couldn't stand her nagging so I dropped the subject.
LOL
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
geetha,

We may squabble amongst ourselves... But don't let an 'outsider' pick on any of us. It's at that time we show how UNITED we truly are. But yes after 20 years of swallowing ocean spray I don't mind poking some fun at my 'ground pounding' counterparts... LOL 😉 😆. It's ll in good fun so no worries.

Respectfully,

Rook
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-19)
Sorry Rook, I didn't realize I made a major mistake. I know you guys take a offence when people group you guys together. Will not happen again! 😉

Lots of experiences is good!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
geetha,

Teacher...not by profession... Just lots of experience...I'm 20 years old with 24 years of experience. 😲

Army? No, No, No a thousand times NO! I'm retired US NAVY... LOL

Respectfully,

Rook
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
When you mentioned that the shoes was facing the southern window, my first thought was the same as Rook's. Coming from a Hindu background, my grandmother told me while growing up about the elements and what each one of them represents. Like Rook said, fire is represents the south. I was wondering if you could answer Rook's questions.

Rook,
I know you are an army veteran but are you also a teacher or something? You are so smart! 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
MistyRose, I have heard that if you place your shoes in opposite directions at the foot of your bed it will confuse a spirit. You could try that and see if it still happens. I am also think Rook has a very interesting theory, and am looking forward to seeing if you do have plans to bring a child into your home. Thanks for sharing your story with us. 😊
123kerry (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
i have read accounts from others where shoes end up like that. Interesting story.
Kerry
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
It's intresting that you mention the shoes were facing a southern facing window...

In the symbolism of the four classical elements, fire is a purifying, masculine energy, associated with the South, and connected to strong will and energy. Fire destroys, and yet it also can create new life.

I do not think after 14 years that the 'ghost' of your former house has come 'looking' for you. I wonder something though... Did you notice if your shoes were placed like that just after your husband had the nightmare and you woke him... Or did you find them that way the next time you woke up? I ask becasue a guardian spirit may have placed them that way as a way to 'prevent' your husband from having further nightmares.

Let us not forget about the fact that fire can represent 'new life' is there a chance you may be Pregnant or perhaps about to adopt or in some other way welcome a child into your home (or purhaps a relative is...)? Just a very odd thought I had as I read your experience. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
lynrinth (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Your old ghost paying you a visit? Could be. Maybe after your old house's recent sale, 'it' got tired of the people that bought it after you, and doesn't want to go through it again, sooooo it found you and decided to pay you a visit to say I'm baaaaccckkkk!
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Someone wants your attention, I'd say. And he, she or "it" was successful. The method is strange, certainly, and not a manifestation most of us would associate with a haunting. It seems these entities are getting more creative.

I can't offer any answers, but I am intrigued, and look forward to reading the other comments.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: