You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Is My Daughter Seeing Her Great-nan?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Daughter Seeing Her Great-nan?

 

I need some advice regarding a few unexplained goings on in my flat mainly concerning my little girl who is 18 months old.

She has been standing in the hall looking into the front room and waving at something/someone however we can't see who or what she is waving at.

The first time she did this I asked who/what she was waving at and walked up to a picture next to our tv and pointed to my boyfriends nan. My boyfriends nan passed away earlier this year.

The strangest thing about this was that I tried to take a picture of her doing the waving thing and the camera kept switching itself off. I changed the batteries and tried again but it still kept switching itself off. The camera would allow me to take pictures off everything else in the flat but switch off as soon as I tried to take a picture of the little'un waving at 'nothing'.

The other night when my boyfriends mum and dad were looking after the littl'un she was again standing in the hall waving into the front room. When they asked who she was waving at she walked over to the picture, picked it up and started to kiss and cuddle it.

I went to see a spiritualist at the weekend and as soon as I sat down she said my boyfriends name. She then went on to describe his Nan down to a T, her personality, her appearance, her life, everything was spot on. She then said that his Nan is giving me a white rose of peace and that everything will sort its self out next year. She also talked about some very personal issues concerning myself that she really wouldn't have know about.

There have been a few things which have happened when we first moved into the flat. The first was when I went to the fridge to get some milk and the bottle had been completely crushed. Also something keeps messing with the temperature of the fridge.

I can also on occasion smell smoke, as if someone is smoking in the flat however no one smokes in the flat.

My boyfriends cousin mentioned that the flats were built on old hospital grounds. I looked into this and it is true, there is also a mention that the hospital had a cemetery/burial grounds not far from where we live where patients were buried, the majority of these were patients who had died in 1902 when London and the surrounding area was hit with a severe small pox epidemic.

Would really appreciate comments/feedback on the situation as we are unsure what to think.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HayleyN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
Yes children can see spirits and tend to more often than adults. Since their minds are more open to the possibilities than adults.

[at] Moon and Naru
Why would you even bother to say something like that? There is a such thing as talking up ill will you know!
Don't even take the chance of doing so and causing a family not your own to have to deal with the consequences! Specially when a little one is involved
Next time just keep your negativity to yourselves. You two may have frightened this person more than the actual events
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-18)
It definitely sounds as if you are not 'alone' in your flat. Given that the flat is built on old hospital grounds, you will surely have more strange happenings in the future. I wish you luck! 😉
HayleyN (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
Firstly I must apologise for the story as it is a bit all over the place in regards to what happened first.
The incidents with the milk and the fridge happened before my partner's nan passed.
Could this be another spirit?
Naru_117 (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
I would still be careful though as sometimes a spirit can change overtime. Often a "good" spirit will start to become malevolent over time.
MoonLovedRose (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
If she is able to point out the person she is waving at from a picture, she is probably really seeing that person. The fact the she kissed and cuddled the picture means what she is seeing is harmless, so you really shouldn't worry about it. If she starts getting nervous or scared, however, it could be something imitating her Great-Nan, so just be a little cautious for a while. Overall, the spirit seems calm and peaceful, maybe even guardian-esque over your daughter. The other odd things that are happening are probably the spirit's way of getting your attention and reminding you that she is there. 😊 She seems sweet, really.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: