You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Amie, The Child Who Stayed

Real Ghost Stories

Amie, The Child Who Stayed

 

I've been living in this house for about 3 years now, and there is just too many paranormal-like incidents here for it to be blatant coincidence. We moved in about June 2008, and we bought the house off of our family friend's boyfriend.

The first moment I stepped through the door, the atmosphere of the house dramatically changed to me. Something just...didn't feel right. Anyway, there are experiences with every one of my family members, in every room. The first few months passed, and we were starting to adjust to the house, and then we heard a noise, footsteps, almost right beside where our couch is. My father and I stood up and started to look around for what it might've been, but my mother, and 2 siblings were asleep. We shrugged it off and moved on.

The next few months came and it was the same night we put up our Christmas tree. Every single person in the living room heard a faint but realistic giggle, it sounded like it came from a little girl who saw the tree. Well, this is when things really start to become creepy.

I was in my room one night studying for a test I was going to have in the morning, everyone was asleep except myself. I was reading, and then all of a sudden, I heard what sounded like a door slowly start to sway open, I turn around and I notice the door to my room was slightly open, so I get back up to shut it. The second my hand touches the doorknob, I FEEL a cold but gentle hand tug on my other hand, this immediately sent chills up my spine, and I knew there was something of some kind in the house. Although I continued what I was doing and acted like nothing happened.

The next few weeks I was just waiting for something to happen, and it's like it knew. I was sitting in a chair in the living room and my little brother was in his room on his laptop, I walk in to ask him something and I hear 3 short, rhythmic knocks from the inside of his closet. I open it to see if it was my other little sibling, but he was in the living room. There was absolutely nothing inside. At least nothing that could knock as human-like as that.

This is when I start to lose track of the paranormal happenings. Although one night, my father was in the kitchen washing dishes, and randomly, he starts to smell frankincense and baby powder. The smell is ONLY in that spot where he stood though, he moved and let me stand there, I smelled it as well. Then I moved and the smell went away. It literally stayed in the exact region where he stood, then he moved back to do dishes again, and the smell...vanished, but sometimes on Autumn nights you could still smell the frankincense in that spot.

Within that week, we were sitting on the couch and my father got up to put a movie in for us to watch, and I saw the candle holder sitting on the t.v FLY off at my dad. It looked almost like something threw it. This startled us tremendously so we started to look up the house's history, we couldn't find any previous owners besides the people we bought the house from, and the house was built in the 1930's. So I have a feeling something is being kept from my family about the house.

There are only a few more experiences. Another night, everybody was in their own room and we hear glass break and stuff fall. Right outside my door, I see all the pictures on the wall have fallen to the ground. All except one which was in the center of them all. It was a picture of my little brother. The LAST experience, was my dad believed he saw an older woman looking at him standing right in the kitchen. He thought it was my mother until he actually saw what it was, my little brother was there and he says he saw it too. Although I don't really know if what they saw is true.

We believe the name of the little girl though, is Amie. This name came in all of our heads spelled JUST like that. The only conclusion we could come to was this house was built somewhere it shouldn't be. It's in the middle of Oklahoma state and we all know Oklahoma was Indian Reservation a LONG time ago, so maybe the house is placed on top of what used to be land where an Indian family lived. If you have any other ideas of what it could be, please post comments. I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Graffiti-My-Mind, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Graffiti, the ouija boards are not bad it's the people, on both sides, who use them that make them bad, or cause bad experiences. If used in a correct way and I don't recommend anyone uncertain with it to try it, but all I'm saying is the board itself dosnt hurt people:)
Graffiti-My-Mind (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
To Toxic, we are agnostic, and NO ouija boards, come on now, we both know that is a stupid idea lol. Thank you for the advice though 😁
toxictails (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
It depends on what your religion is. Even though I'm a Christian I still believe in this stuff. If the spirit is harming anyone or, as you said, it was breaking things in the house; you need to get rid of it. If you are a Christian like myself, you have to ask the lord out loud "In Jesus' name, be gone!". If you are catholic, get a priest. The priest will know what to do. If you are agnostic or anything like that, you might use an Ouija Board to communicate with it and ask it to leave nicely. You don't want it to get worse than it already is. Good luck... 😊
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
If things get any worse, you and your family need a priest to come over to get rid of the spirits. They are not supposed to be here at the first place. Safety is very important to those who are alive.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
I'd suggest going over the local Cityhall records of who owned that land and/or the local newspaper for any incidents concerning the property and it's owners.
If anything else, if you have neighbors- make friends and see if you can get them to open up about the history of the land.

Indian reservation? Don't forget that it was also displaced Indians and an opportunity for a land grab.

See yah Sooner.
Graffiti-My-Mind (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Thanks for the comments guys, you did help actually 😁, and I will keep looking for what happened here, if I find it, ill be sure to update
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
I tried to do some research of past tragedies involving children but couldn't find much as I didn't have any information 😁 Try to research school or orphanage tragedies, missing or murdered children ect ect, you say it's a little girl so go online and have a look around:) sorry I couldn't help anymore... Nice story
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
I think the girl needs help or is lost and needs to re - unite with her family so she can live in peace. 😭 😐 😐
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
I thing it has something to do with the Indians.
I don't know if Indians burned incense, but I am sure they could have though. Their spirits are trapped there for sure. Or on the other hand, like you said, perhaps something happened in the house that you are not aware of. It is so frustrating to want to know more about a place's history, but there is no way of finding out! I know the feeling. Why all the portraits fell except the one of your brother is another story. I also had my share of invisible things touching me, you never get use to it no matter how much it happens.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: