You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Man On The Square

Real Ghost Stories

Man On The Square

 

I had another strange experience recently and this site was so helpful with my previous experiences I would really like your help figuring it out.

Over winter break from school my family went to Germany to visit family. My moms older sister was stationed there when she was in the military and she met and fell in love with a German man so after she was discharged she stayed. She is ten years older than my mother and all of her children are grown and married. Two of them live in the same small town as my aunt and two live in small towns nearby.

We were visiting one of the towns my cousin lives in and we had dinner at this great little place on the town square. After dinner the family was paying the bill and hugging and talking, but it was all stuffy so my brother and I went out to wait for them right in front of the restaurant. The town has a lot of pretty old buildings around the square so I was looking up at all of the details when I saw a man standing on the roof of one of them.

It seemed really strange he was alone standing near the edge of the building looking away from the square. All I could see is that it looked like a man in dark clothing with longish hair that was very light blonde. I opened my mouth to say something to my brother about the man when he suddenly stepped off the edge of the building, which was three stories high. It seemed like he fell a little slower than natural. I gasped loudly then nearly fell over from surprise when he landed on his feet and looked towards us.

The way he moved and landed reminded me of the movie Underworld. I am not saying he was a vampire or anything like that I am not a hysterical twihard having a fantasy. I just can't think of any other way to describe it. He did not fling himself off the edge or fall like he was out of control he moved like he meant to just get down. When he landed I could see him better. He looked like he was in his twenties and was wearing dark pants and a dark pea coat. He looked completely solid and living not ghost like at all. But I assume he was a ghost because no person could have just landed like that. After looking at me and my brother for a second he just turned and walked away. He seemed to disappear into the shadows of the buildings.

When I gasped my brother looked around for what scared me. He saw the man but did not see him fall or anything so he said it was just a guy and I was being silly. I think he thought I was joking with him. When I was thinking about it later that night I realized one other strange thing. It was really cold out and when my brother and I breathed it was all steamy but I did not see steam around this guys mouth. I don't know if that was because I was too far away to see it or because ghosts don't breathe!

Other hauntings by Luna0794

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Luna0794, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vaga (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-01)
Dear Luna,

Thank you for submitting your story.

May I ask, was it near Hürth, Germany?
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
I like what anneke8 said about it seeming, like,"Lestat", in the book, "Interview with a Vampire". Geez, the way you say he, "stepped off", the building, sounds, superhuman. We really don't know everything about this mysterious world of ours, and we need to keep an open mind, towards the, unexplained. I would just chalk it up to, being permitted to witness, something, remarkable...
Thank you for sharing. 😊 😉
Luna0794 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
Thank you all for your opinions!
A stuntman is the only logical explanation I could think of too. He moved smoothly, his feet never touched the building they were always directly underneath him like someone standing up straight. The way he fell it would make sense that it was someone in a harness, like they use in martial arts movies, but if that is how he did it he must have just been practicing because there was nobody around to watch but me and my brother. I don't know if it is possible to do that with no help. The moon was bright enough that the buildings were casting shadows but I did not see any cables and I did not see him take off a harness or unhook from anything but it was nighttime so I might have just not seen something. I did ask my cousin and her husband if they knew of anyone in the town who had seen anything strange in the square or if anyone had committed suicide by jumping off a building there. My cousin's husband said not in his lifetime and not before that that he had heard of. I can't figure out why I saw it if nobody in the town ever has.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-20)
Very well told. I could 'see' this guy jumping off that roof! Looking like LeStat from Interview with a Vampire 😊 (One of my favourites).
Either that man was a master stunt man like Jav explained, or he was... A ghost or...
Who knows what kind of creatures there really are in this world...?
🤔
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
Luna,
Reading through your experience reminded me of a video I watched several months ago. I went back and found it (YAY!).

Http://biggeekdad.com/2010/08/parkour/

As I said, this was quite some time ago. So knowing how competitive athletes are, you have to figure that someone had to master a stunt like a walk down a three story stucture?

Jav 😲
misstee (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
I'm thinking cris angel lol, I can't figure out what that could have been either. If it were some type of stunt I would think there would have been a crowd of people watching. Is it possible he was sliding down something?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
Luna - I've been sitting here trying to find a logical explanation for what you saw, ie stuntman, etc. But I don't see how even the most skilled stuntman could land on his feet from a 3-story "walk" off.

Have you done any research, google, etc to see if there were any accidental deaths, suicides (as mentioned by Micha below)? Anything at all about that building or area?

Very intriguing story, to say the least. Also, very well told. I saw him vividly. Thank you 😊.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
Hi Luna, If you were NOT posting on YGS, I would say you had been watching too much 'Heroes'. This is a truely amazing account! I have never heard of anything like this before. 😕 What a pity that your brother was looking the other way. You could have shared this puzzling incident. 😊
Sorry, I have not been of any help, hopefully, others will be! Lol
Micha_1998 (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
Wow, pretty creepy. I do have an idea what could've happened with that guy (May sound crazy, but hey, who knows?)
The guy could've commited suicide by jumping of the building. Perhaps he stared at you and landed perfectly to make you feel guilty that know one helped him when he was about to commit suicide.
Sorry I did not explain it well but I'm just 13 who is trying to help someone 😆 Perhaps find out a bit more about the town's history and see if there really was an incident like this. Hope I helped!
Micha ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: