You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: So I'm Not Crazy After All

Real Ghost Stories

So I'm Not Crazy After All

 

All my life I've "seen" spirits and apparently interacted with them. Sometimes unknowingly. I always thought I was crazy--"talking to myself" or having "imaginary friends."

I'm sure sometimes that's all it truly was, but it continues 'til this day. I'm in my early 30's. I know better now when I'm just talking to myself and when an entity has arrived and is making conversation.

No one in my family encouraged any belief in ghosts or spirits. They are "highly religious" and believe that anything like that is "all" demon activity. So I never understood what was really going on in my head. Even when I was a little kid, I knew never to mention this particular issue to anyone.

Now, I can't physically see or hear these spirits. I guess it's my subconscious that picks up on them. When I "see" them, I get flashes in my head. I can't always see details. Sometimes it's a bit like seeing a blurry reflection or an impression of someones face.

I can pick up on male/female, dark hair/light hair, old clothes/modern clothes, etc. Or if it's even human at all. And when I "hear" them, it's sometimes more like a thought that comes into my head that's not my own or sometimes it's a faint voice.

About a year ago, I found out a friend of mine can actually physically see and hear spirits and other entities. We started comparing notes on things.

If I felt something or someone show up, I'd ask her if she felt anything new or different and 9 times out of 10 we'd end up seeing/feeling the same thing. It was like playing poker for awhile. Each of us not wanting to tip our hand and give each other too much info to make sure the other wasn't just making it up or following along with the other.

The most memorable one was one night when we were sitting in her room, each doing our own thing. Instead of talking, we usually just IM each other to compare notes. Two spirits showed up. To me, they looked like identical twin brothers. They were sitting on the floor playing a game. They looked Native American, wearing typical 1800's type "English"/Indian clothing, and were playing some sort of dice or dominoes game.

After playing our version of 20 Questions, we saw the exact same thing. I didn't tell her that I saw them as twins, she came out and said it to me.

That event, along with some others that happened, gave me some validation in my own mind that what I've been experiencing over the years has actually been very real. Now I don't feel like I'm going completely nutso.

If you have thoughts on what I am experiencing, I welcome your comments.

Thanks for reading this.

Other hauntings by wolfeyes7777

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wolfeyes7777, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
I believe your story is true and that both you and your friend have very special gifts that I feel these spirits picked up on that's why they keep contacting the both of you because they feel the need to speak to someone. And please note in these unseen worlds there are many types of beings. And angels are angels and demons are demons two different types of beings angels don't have free will like man or demons (jinn) do they can only do good and so do not disobey God. This is what I believe but having a free will can we believe what we want. As for you and your friend the two of you have been given a very special gift not everybody gets to have please never take it for granted. Thank you for sharing.
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
Rook,

I don't mind the hijack. Unfortunately, I didn't get to read fully what the commenter had to say. I don't see the comment here now...

I got the gist that they were saying something about all spirit activity is demonic? Which I do not agree with. I've had run ins with both demonic and non and the difference is...well...quite.

Demons and certain other hell entities are not great to deal with. Thankfully, I seem to have protective beings around me. At least one of them, from what I can gather, I believe is an angel.

I also agree with the points you made about final judgement and interacting with other worldly beings.

Thanks
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
nysa,

Not what I'm trying to say at all, but if that's what you want to think, it's not like I can stop you. I'm the last person that would consider myself "special".

Same goes for you. If you don't like my post or "lack of critical reasoning skills" you can choose not to read anything else I might put up.

You don't respect anything I'm saying, that's fine. I choose not to lose any sleep over it.

Some things that have gone on and caused me to realize that I'm not crazy cannot be expressed reasonably for people like you to understand. This post was just one short blurb. This is a place where I figured I could "get it off my chest" so to speak. I expected some criticism. If you don't like this post, I guarantee you wouldn't like anything else I had to say about the matter. Because I can't prove anything like this on paper or with pictures.
As I said, I'm skeptic too. When something happens, I weigh it in my mind and analyze it for days. I can't explain to you how it feels. Not everything is black and white. Some things are easier to determine true or false. Other things remain a mystery to me.

I will get a handle on this.

Have a wonderful day.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
I don't think you are dumb, I think you lack critical reasoning skills, or are unwilling to use them on yourself. As a result, I don't think you will ever get a handle on what you are experiencing. I did not expect you to answer in any certain way, but I do not respect your answers, which I see as the equivalent of 'shut up I AM special.' If you do not like my comments you can choose not to read them.
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
[at] zzs
We have done something similar to that. When we did, we got the same or very similar results. Some other times we tried we get a few basic details the same and other details are foggy for one of us. Sometimes I think it depends on who the spirit has shown up to make contact with. There's been a few that she can't see or sense but I can pick up on in greater detail.
The next time we get together (which won't be for awhile) we'll have to try a few more experiments.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
I read your story and had to laugh, not at you, but the fact your story reminds me so much of how me & my best friend do the same thing to each other. My friend doesn't see them, but can sense them, I see & hear them. She's sometimes calls me up and ask me to think about a name and I start feeding her back info, 3/4'ers of time it matches what she knows about the person. But in relation to your tale, I know how one can feel - not feeding info to the other to test if this is really happening or are you both just feeding off each other. Trying to figure out what and why, is this real or am I nuts? It's a pity it took you so long to figure out what was happening and didn't really have anybody to talk about these happenings with. But I'm glad you have someone to talk with who can share your experiences. Good luck with things in the future.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
You and your friend have an amazing set of abilities. I'd recommend that you two, if you were so inclined- contact Harry Houdini and find out what his 'special message' is/was supposed to be.

Http://paranormal.about.com/od/Halloween/a/Houdini-Seance.htm
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
wolfeyes: I think it's great that you've found another person to help validate your experiences 😊...If I may make a suggestion?...Both of you should keep a pad of paper and a pencil or pen handy... The next time the two of you see/sense a presence, write your respective impressions down, with as much detail as possible, and then compare notes... Even throw in a drawing if you're so inclined...

I would love to see and read about what you two come up with... I think it would be a great experiment, and help both of you discover whether the "twenty questions" is leading one or the other or not 😆...

Thank you for posting, I found this account very interesting! 😊
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
Nysa,

I thought when you said "reading minds" that you were talking about living breathing people. Not spirits. My bad

But I get the feeling that no matter what I say you're just going to critisize, pick apart, or make fun of anything that you don't believe in or have never experienced for yourself.

I'm still a skeptic on some things. I over analyze some things. I'm new to this concept and trying to learn how it works in my case. NO ONE I grew up around believed in or encouraged this.
I've read a few things on things like what I've experienced, some of it quite similar. We can't ALL be nuts.
If I don't answer your questions the way you want me to... Well then...I'm sorry. You can go read someone elses post. Since I'm too dumb for you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
wolfeyes,

My apologies but I have to hijack your comments for a but...

Dmcal,

You are back, well met.

I am religious, so I AGREE with this statement of yours... "Demonic beings (once holy angels), hate God and mankind and there goal is to lead and keep mankind from salvation."

Having said that there are some things I'd like you to answer...

If there is to be 'No interaction' between mankind and Spirits then why does Heavenly Father send Angels to deliver messages to us. By your definition if we Obey the messages from His Angels... His Messengers... Then we are sinning... However it is well Documented in the Bible that Heavenly Father uses Messengers to deliver His word to us.

Next you say...

"For the person who dies in Christ they go to be in his presence. On the otherhand, the person who dies without Christ is still in his/her sins and the go to Hades in torment waiting for the great white throne judgment."

So by this do you mean that those who die 'In Christ' will not have to face the Final Judgment? By saying that they "go to be in his presence" means (at least TO ME) that they have gone to Heaven. But your statement contends that those who die without Christ go to Hades and are tormented while they wait for Judgment.

I know my scripture and it's pretty clear that everyone will face Final Judgement...everyone...Not just the sinners...

At the time of the Final Judgment our 'spirits/souls' will be united with our perfected bodies and stand before heavenly Father, His Son and the Hosts of Heaven... The Angels that were not cast out... And their 'Book of Life' shall be reviewed... If found 'worthy' they shall ascend into Heaven... If not they shall be Condemned to Hades.

Am I wrong?

I've tried to 'speak' with you concerning this on one of my threads so as to not detract from the O/P comments thread, and you have been warned by various Mods that while you are entitled to your opinion you should not 'Preach' about it...

Your comments and input are welcome, your Old Testament attitude and preaching are not.

Respectfully,

Rook
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
So you just went from thinking you were "crazy" to believing that you are experiencing ghosts? You "sense" what entities look like & hear their voices in your head, but it never occurred to you that you might be engaging in psychic communication? And you believe there are ghosts around you but can't figure out how there could be a mind to read?

Well I see very clearly how you came to your conclusions.
wolfeyes7777 (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
my feelings when spirits appear has not changed since I found my friend can see them. I feel the same things as I always have. Finding out that someone else sees what I'm feeling seems like some sort of confirmation to me.
I don't "read people's minds". This stuff happens when I'm alone too, obviously. If no one's around, how would I read a mind anyways.

The difference between actually having a spirit coming in and just having my imagination go off on a tangent are 2 different feelings.

I don't have any history of mental issues, no brain tumors... The MRI showed nothing abnormal. I was getting very bad headaches. Migraines, or cluster headaches. So they checked to make sure I had no masses causing the pain.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
So it was mostly meeting someone else who claimed to experience "ghosts" that made you decide that what was in your head had an outside source? Did you consider the possibility that you are "reading her mind"? What else did you explore as a possible explanation for what you experience?

Sorry if that sounds like the third degree I am just very curious about how you came to your conclusions & how much your preconceived notions might have effected those conclusions.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: