You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Very Tall Cloaked Black Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Very Tall Cloaked Black Figure

 

Fairly regularly (4 or 5 times a month), I suffer from sleep paralysis. This normally happens when I am very tired (through research I have found that it is when you are really tired that it is most likely to occur). In a normal episode of SP, I get the usual unable to move sensation and a pressure on my chest feeling and I can't move my head. There are no presences in the room or anything. I can normally snap myself out of it pretty easily through breathing exercises and stuff.

Sometimes, a couple times a month, I get SP but it's not like normal. I can't move but there is no pressure on my chest and I am wide awake and I CAN move my head. I can look around my room like normal. The thing that scares me the most about these particular episodes is that there is a very tall black cloaked figure at the foot of my bed in front of my bedroom door. I would say about 7-9 feet tall, just standing there. I can't see any arms or any features at all for that matter. No face, but I can feel it looking at me. I feel intense fear when I see it. My breathing becomes extremely fast. It feels like I am hyperventilating. I try do what I normally do get myself out of SP but it doesn't work. It almost feels like the dark figure is causing it and it will let me go when it wants to. Normally after a few minutes, it just disappears and I am back to normal. At this point I turn the light on and try to get back to sleep with the light on. This normally happens around 3 am. Never exactly at 3 am, always just before of just after. This has been happening since I was about 12. I am now 22-years-old. My sisters have both had the same experience as me on several occasions.

I must add that my grandma passed away at the end of last year (this seems irrelevant as this has been happening long before she passed but bare with me). I saw the cloaked figure last week at the foot of my bed. I could still move my head around etc. I was extremely scared. I moved my head to the side so I wasn't looking at it and I saw something else. I was a disembodied head floating at the side of my bed. The face looked similar to my grandma's but it looked slightly different. Like something pretending to be her. It also had an evil smirk on its face. I tried to look away again, still unable to move my arms and legs. The head followed mine and the smile got bigger and more menacing. It felt like it was mocking me. Then it just faded away. So did the tall hooded figure and I kind of jolted in bed and got all the feeling back in my body. Now like I said earlier, every time I have seen this figure it was around 3 am. This time when I woke up it was closer to 4 am. So this either means that it just happened later than usual or the ordeal lasted about an hour (although it only felt like a few minutes).

This has really bothered me more than normal. As the hooded figure didn't really do anything, I didn't really bother researching it. Even though it felt evil, it wasn't causing any actual harm except for scaring the crap out of me. It's just that this time the floating head that looked like my grandma that makes me think that something else is at work too.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SeraphimShinobi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
Seraphim,

Have you repeated the Cleansing and Shielding... They lose 'power' (energy) over time and must be 'recharged' every so often. The fact that it seems to have moved from your sleeping hours to your waking hours suggests that while you shielded yourself during that 'phase' of the day, and it seems to have worked, you now need to include ALL phases of the day... Awake or asleep... Just focus your mind on your Shield being up 24/7 as you use whatever Method helped you before. You may even want to do that every week or two until 'putting up' the shield is an unconcious act. Remember to also Shield your home, or at least your bedroom. It takes time to really build a good defence, take your time, focus on positive things.

Focus on the fact that the Prayers make you feel better and not on how they 'feel' as you say them... It is my opinion that this spirit sounds as if it may enjoy the type of energy 'fear' gives off and it is trying to distort your preceptions to achive that.

Thank you for the update, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
SeraphimShinobi (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
ok, so I haven't had an SP episode like the one I described since doing the things suggested in this thread. Since then things have been going well. However a few months ago I started feel the same presence again. Only this time not while asleep. I feel like the hooded figure is just behind me. Not all the time, but at what seem like random times I will fee like I am being followed. I will see the figure in the corner of my eye and when I turn to look, there is nothing. When this happens I try to recite prayer but it will sound alien to me. Like I feel like I am pronouncing the words incorrectly. I feel comfort when I say it but it will feel like I am saying it incorrectly even when I know I am saying it correctly. What is going on? I don't expect ways to stop this, I jest need to understand what is going on!
jimjames17 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-07)
I have seen this figure I was trying to astral project I have been trying for a while now and I think I achieved it and in the same moment there was this figure about ten feet away though I could not see its face I could feel its glare and it was not a good thing
SeraphimShinobi (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
It definitely didn't feel like my grandma. I've done the cleansing ritual so time will tell if it has worked...
Hope619 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Hey! TRUST me, I'd be freaking out if I were you! Maybe your Grandma wanted you to know she was okay, but she wanted to keep herself somewhat secret. HOPE I helped!

Lex ❤
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
Weird that you mention spiders shellzy. I, recently, had this vividly real vision of several large fat scary black and red spiders lowering themselves all together from one web down toward the bed. I was not yet asleep, and did not have paralysis, because I swung at them reflexively trying to swat them across the room, because they were quickly descending toward my child's head.
Then it suddenly dawned on me that they could not possibly be real. They were far to large, and clearly nonindigenous to this reality.
About a week or so ago, I had a similar experience. I was awoken suddenly and sat up quickly to see a writhing bunch of red and black serpents all sort of connected at the middle floating about 2 feet above the bed, about where my knees were. I again swung at them and remember saying "Not snakes". With that they were suddenly gone and I went back to sleep, after praying.
So, is this sleep paralysis, without the paralysis? Or some sort of symbolism I should concern myself with trying to decipher?
Frankly, SeraphimShinobi, I think your experience more frightful what with the disembodied head and inability to slap at it. Sorry, I can't be of help to you. I might suggest sleeping with a blindfold, and the light on.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
JBarum, You are not alone on your sleep paralysis experiences!. I have similar experiences to you where I can move my head only and I also hallucinate and see huge spiders on the walls and curtains.
Funny you should say your experiences started with the bugs after you had lived in a bug infested house. I currently live in a pretty romote area surrounded by a lot of trees so I do get a LOT of spiders in and around the house and I don't particularly like them. I think its our subconcious playing with us, showing things that we really don't like when we are in SP state! Ugghh Spiders lol 😊
JBarum (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
I can only speak of my experiences but when I've had sleep paralysis, I could move my head as well. I could see everything in the room with me but I just couldn't move anything besides my head. But even though it was terrifying, I knew that I was sleeping. I also have hallucinations when I'm in that stage before sleep. I'll just be about to fall asleep and I'll hallucinate a big bug on my wall. For a while it would scare me. Now I just stare at it for a few seconds to make sure it's not real, which it never is. It just slowly fades away. I have no idea what it is. I don't recollect hearing anyone with this same issue and I don't know if it's related to having sleep paralysis. It started happening after I lived at this really horrible apartment that was infested with spiders and centipedes. I digress...
majesticpickles (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
Maybe you should set up a camera and try to film it... That way you can see if its maybe just a very realistic dream or your imagining it. If not, I suggested you put up crosses, get your house cleansed, etc. Religious stuff usually makes this junk go away.
Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
I would love to know that too shinobi but not many people on this have any real idea's on what it is, there's just account after account of people seeing this thing.

Rook's ritual will give you peace of mind at least so that's definitely worth a go
SeraphimShinobi (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
Thanks everyone! I will try the cleansing ritual and I have a shop near my that does bundles of sage. Not to offend Lwinfrey but I wouldn't feel comfortable using Jesus Christ's name like that as it would be hypocritical of me...

Any ideas what exactly it is that I am seeing? I don't think its a shadow person because I've never heard of shadow people sticking around once you have noticed them. It could be a demon... But why does it only watch?
Lwinfrey (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
Hello, I am sorry this is happening to you, but I truly feel that these are demons you are seeing... If you truly believe in GOD and believe that he is our savior the next time this happens and you are able to speak say, " in the name of Jesus please leave" an they will... I am a Christian and I use to see demons all the time when I was younger... And also note the when a family member does they are not suppose to come back... If you do see a family member that died it is a demon... Please walk through your house everyday and say,"lord please cover my house with the blood of Jesus... Let everything evil leave this place...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
Welcome and well met, it sounds as if there may be a wee bit more than S/P occuring to you. Please feel free to try this Cleansing and Sheilding Method it just may help you get a full nights sleep.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
jesus still though its scary!

My exp with the black figure, I was asleep having a normal dream and next thing I'm looking at myself in my room asleep, my gfriend beside me and something has me by the throat and I'm fighting it, long story short I could see it 5 feet across the room when I woke up.

Thats why I'm pretty sure these things are no good... There is an account here of a girl who thinks its a guardian but maybe hers is very different
The_Victor (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
I've never had an episode quite like that but there was one time when I saw a large (I think around nine feet tall), shrouded, black figure walking away from the foot of my bed.
Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
try burning sage around your house

I can relate to nearly everything you wrote but the headless bit... Maybe it was just trying to toy with you...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: