You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board Experience Possession?

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board Experience Possession?

 

My name is Jordan and I am from a tourist town of Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania; actually right next to that town. Where I am from is called the "coal region" which is basically a bunch of coal towns. I don't know if that influences my "hauntings" in any way, being from a pretty old area.

Anyway, the story I would like to tell you today is about one of my most recent experiences with an ouija board. The ouija board I used to have before getting rid of it was bought by me, out of curiosity at a school garage sale kind of thing. I bought it for I think a dollar or so... Someone really didn't want this thing. Me, being a person no one could ever scare, bought the darn thing. It was kind of old looking, maybe bought somewhere between the 50s and 90s.

Before the experience I am about to tell you, I have used this thing a couple of times in my own house. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. It actually worked! And the longer I used it, the more efficiently it worked, gaining energy maybe? We played it mostly in my basement, where it seemed to work the best. One message I got from it while playing with a friend was "Get out" "Bad things are happening" and then it went to goodbye. As I said before, I used to be unable to be scared. So, I thought nothing of it. While playing in my attic with a friend, we got it to move a pencil, and even touch my friend. It wouldn't touch me for some reason... After all of this I still never felt scared until this one night:

I came home after volleyball practice in October and got ready for my friend Bryanna's birthday party. There were many people there and when most of them left, someone brought up the ouija board. I said I had one and since I only lived down the street, I'd go get it so we could play. So, my one friend walked to and from my house with me to get the board. By the time we got back, only a few people were still there. Guys had to leave at 12 and I was the only one sleeping over since Bryanna was my best friend.

We all went up to Bryannas room. Eventually there were only 4 of us from what I remember. It was two girls, two guys. We lit a candle or two that Bryanna had in her room and sat in a circle. I had to explain to everyone what to do.

Eventually, we all put our hands on the thing that moves, I don't know what it's called. Of course, the boys had to make jokes, and make fun of the board. It seemed to upset whatever was talking to us. The thing started jerking every time the guys started joking about it, seemed to me it was getting stronger every time. I warned the guys that it was getting mad. They started laughing harder, "ooh, what's the ghost going to do?" The thing started moving fast to random letters that I couldn't keep up with. Then it went to goodbye. The guys were stunned, and immediately shut up. I said my "told you so" and moved on.

One spirit we talked to said it was a young boy who killed himself because of being bullied in school for being overweight; kind of unbelievable to me, someone trying to seek our sympathy so we'd keep talking to it. It said it had a crush on Bryanna and also said some pretty inappropriate things. I don't remember really any other people we talked to at this point. It was time for the boys to leave so we said our goodbyes and Bryanna and I went back upstairs.

We wanted to talk to one more spirit before we went to bed. So we sat down and then called her mom in to show her how cool this thing was. It wouldn't work. I said maybe it's not working because she's not playing with us. Her mom said "I'm not touching that thing" and then left the room. So we said whatever and played alone.

The thing started jerking slightly in all directions. I remember saying something like, "I know you're here, what is your name?" It jerked again "what's your name?" and again, "Hello. What's your name?"

At this moment I looked up at Bryanna's stomach and was wondering why she was breathing so heavy. I started to slowly look up and almost said, "Bryanna are you okay" but it never came out. Her eyes rolled back in her head and she fell over the board onto my lap. I was stunned. I didn't know how many seconds I was just sitting there in disbelief and confusion. I then picked her up by her shoulders and shook her. "Bryanna, Bryanna are you okay?" she wouldn't wake up.

I shook her again and again and then she opened her eyes really wide and then flung herself at me. I stood up as soon as she opened her eyes and she grabbed my legs. She held me down until I somehow got out of her grip and then in the blink of an eye she had my arm! I tried to shake her off and as soon as I got to the end of the door way to the hallway, she let go and kneeled at the end of the doorway as I ran down the hallway screaming like a maniac. I stood at the top of the stairs not knowing what to do and her mom eventually came upstairs while in the meantime Bryanna let out this, weird devilish scream and ran down the hallway. I knew she was kind of normal again because her eyes were different and her mom was there asking us what happened. We told her and then she told us to put everything away and try to calm down. We went in her room again and cleaned up while her mom got ready for bed.

Bryanna stopped in her room and just stared at me. I said "Bryanna!" Still staring, I screamed "Bryanna!" She shook her head and said what. And I was like "why were you just staring at me, was it happening again?" and she said "I don't know what you're talking about; I don't remember staring at you?" "Well you were", She responded, "Holy sh**"

We tried forgetting all about it and she wanted to count her birthday money. "20, 40, 60" and then she stopped and stared at me again. "What?" she just kept staring and I ran to the doorway. She said, "What, I'm Fine" in a tone that was not like hers. Eventually we went to her mom's room. She didn't remember stopping while counting her money or saying that she's fine.

We slept in her mom's room that night while Bryanna was hyperventilating all night. It was pretty scary. I didn't sleep at all.

For a couple months after that, I slept with all my lights on, couldn't sleep at all, had visions, nightmares, hallucinations, etc. It was the same thing with Bryanna. We didn't talk for about two years, after being best friends forever. We were scared of each other.

Ever since this incident, I feel like something is following me everywhere. Also, in my house, I feel like there are many things watching me. Like my whole house is a ghost portal. I see things, feel things, and have nightmares at least once a week or more. A lot of them seem to be religious. But I barely remember dreams. I cannot sleep anywhere in my house but my room for some reason.

A few times after the incident, I've been to other places where they had one of those cheap ouija boards that they wanted to use. I warned them not to and that I would not play but I would watch. Every time this happened, well it might have been twice. Someone started to feel weak, or like something is pushing on their chest. I feel like something is following me and this is what does this to these people when I am there.

That is my incredibly long story; feel free to leave comments or suggestions. I am considering having a local ghost investigation team to come to my house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jordanlynne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kittybatch (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
burn the board. All this will probably go away. If you play with the same board again, sometimes your life becomes a living hell.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Well I haven't seen scaryhappyyadaayadaa screen name but I thought I would just put that out there

If you could, could you tell me what it is?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Sceptic-Ari - you're welcome 😊. I can see where it was a bit confusing. Sometimes when people come into a story long after the comments have died down, they don't always know what has gone on when the story and/or comments were active.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Dear Miracles51031,
Thank you for clearing that up as many of us, I am sure, were wondering what was wrong with that name!

Thanks
Regards
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Crestal - I'm not sure when zzsgranny will see your comment, so I thought I'd answer for her in the meantime. The name you see granny and LouSlips addressing (scaryhappyperson) is not the real profile name that person was using. They modified it when addressing that person.

Although most of the time, as you said, "It's just a name where people get creative..." there are times when members don't always use their best judgment when choosing their profile name. When they choose to use profanity or vulgarity in their profile name, we try to make them aware if we can.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Zzsgranny,

Does it really matter what peoples profile name is? It's just a name where people get creative, so I think your over looking. The subject of this sight is to post there story's, not for people to judge people of there screen name. 😲
Slenderman (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
Ah, and my sister wants to use one of these? If she does, I'd have to kill her and use it to communicate with her. Kidding, but seriously this is serious business.

My dad had a girlfriend one time that used a board weekly, this was years ago, but it JUST occurred to me, that's why I never felt safe when they lived together.

Keep it real,

Slenderman
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
If a seizure can't be confirmed as what caused your friend to collapse after her eyes rolled back into her head. I'd say either she pulled off a great prank or it was a case of possession.

But since I do not know you're friend and you make no mention of her being a prankster I do not say for sure that's the case. What makes me believe it may have been a possible possession is the way you say your friend was acting differently.

But did not remember doing so. It's common because in a possession case the one being possessed their consciousness is being suppressed and overwhelmed by another. So they will not remember doing anything out of the ordinary
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
[at] Rook

Having had epilepsy since 16 I can tell you if her seizure was a grand mal no hospital trip would be necessary to determine that.

Someone who suffers a seizure of the grand mal variety there being two grand and petite mal. Would experience loss of consciousness, loss of bladder control, and loss of muscle control.

Those are the symptoms of grand mal seizures. They are quite clear and unmistakable so to determine if a grand mal seizure was to blame. She simply needs to reexamine the events that took place.

Checking to see if those signs were present. I know little about the other variety the petite mal seizures. So I can't say much about them but I do know
That loss of consciousness is not common during that type of seizure
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
I agree with Jesus_soldier (never thought I'd say that one...) that her mom must have been a little silly upstairs to let that board be in her house, especially after it sent her daughter into a psychotic episode. I guess I don't understand because I wasn't there, but if that was my kid and her friend, my first reaction would be "quit messing around with things like that and get it the hell out of my house."

Also, it's a sad day when people start referring to the 80's and 90's as "old"...😭

I hope you figure out what's going on and things get better. Good luck.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
you're welcome ind

Let us know how it works out for you

I need 6 more characters 😆
jordanlynne (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
Thanks butthead. Haha... Like I said I was a stupid and somewhat fearless person back when I used it. I wish I would have used my head a little more...
ind_83 (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
[at] redphx - First of all I want to say you Thanks a lot. You may be thinking that why I am saying thanks to you. I want to clear this that I want to thank you for the meditation process which you have said to jordanlynne. I have heard a lot about mediatation process, but how to do it, I have no clue about it. You may have written it for the O/P, but I think this process is definitely going to help me also. I will definitely try it today after getting back to home from office. Thank You. 😊
butthead (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
i haven't read the comments. There are a lot. So excuse me if I repeat something.

I'd just like to say that 1. If you did use that board I hope you also used the right means of protection as well as closing down both the board and repetative protection for all involved.
And 2. Thanks for sharing this story, I really felt it.

''One message I got from it while playing with a friend was "Get out" "Bad things are happening" and then it went to goodbye''

Seems also you got many bad vibes but continued to use it. That's never a good idea. You can never be sure when something/one changes while talkin on the board, unless you get a message like I qouted above from you - which is different from the majority of messages you wrote of. Anyway, without boring you further...

You have to protect yourself in vulnerable situations. This is a huge one.

If you do seek a paranormal investigation team which is I believe a good idea, don't work with anyone who tries to charge you money for the help. The ones that do that will also most likely be able to help the most.

jordanlynne (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
Thanks rook, I will also try that, might take a while... Since there are about 20 rooms in my house 😜
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
scaryhappyperson: Please rethink your screen name, as this is a site for the general public, and profanity is frowned upon 😊...You can go to your profile by clicking the link/s at the top of the page under your sign-in...

Thanks Lou ❤...I have contacted Martin
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
Why oh why do people have to get so inventive with their profile names? Thanks, Lou 😉
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
Scaryhappy...your post almost makes sense... I guess this is a story that hasn't been posted yet? Good luck keeping that name... The mods will be chiming in shortly, I presume.

Lou
HeavenlyGlory (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
what I can say about the Ouija board is that is something I will never mess with. From what I know this board has something to do with witchcraft. I know some people won't believe it and brush it off, but it is true. This board if anyone uses it can open up a portal to the other side. The thing is you can bring something from that side. And whatever the thing (can be a demon, poltergeist, etc.) is can harm you. I know cause I have friends who had done this before. What you can do is do a cleansing, but the board is a portal.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-26)
jordanlynne,

Thanks for your replies, they have helped to clear things up a bit.

As an individual who has experience with Ouija Boards it always bothers me when an individual, NO MATTER their age, makes a statement like...'We played with the board... Or we wanted to see if the game worked'. It begins the whole 'session' in the wrong frame of mind and in most cases these individuals do not take precautions while they attempt to make contact with 'the other side'. So it's not you 'per say' it's the fact that something like this is... As you said 'sold as a game in toy stores'.

I offer this Cleansing and Shielding method, you may find it helps...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
Sailors_Sweetheart0413 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
First off I want to say that I know it is not in your head. My paranormal experiences have been brushed off as imagination for years and I hate it. Thank you for clarifying the mother's reaction, it makes a lot more sense now.

As for getting help, go to your local church. Even if you aren't religious. Most pastors or priests take this kind of stuff very seriously and will pray over you (probably with annointing oils or holy water) if you ask them to. Even if you aren't religious it can't hurt to try it. Also, try wearing a crucifix necklace or sleeping with a bible under your pillow.

Best of luck

~Minnie ❤
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Thank you for the answers, and I hope you overcome this haunting.

😊
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
and yes I do know how to spell... Psychic. Wow, long day


Feeding the troll
jordanlynne (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Thanks again Red! I will try everything to get rid of the bad energy! 😊
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
i don't think you will make it worse. You might make him have a headache! My poor friend got one when we had a mishap at my house. I felt really bad about it

But you have every right to protect yourself. You are not finding peace because you don't believe that you are strong enough to make it leave. You are afraid of it. You can't be that way. You need to know that you have the power to get rid of it.

If you need help you should contact a physic or a medium.
jordanlynne (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
Alright Red, Thanks I am going to try that. The only thing I am afraid of is making things worse. Does anyone know anything about psychics? Is that a bad idea? I contacted the local ghost hunters, and I pray and all too.
jordanlynne (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
7. [at] Jesus_soldier okay first question, I guess I didn't clarify us "not talking" We tried talking once in a while to check in on things. We ended up fighting because we "Brought up the past" We tried staying away from each other because well... We were afraid of each other. Second question, I don't know if her mom knew anything about the board. And like I said, all parents respond different to certain situations.
8. [at] Pjod Thanks for the feedback.
9. [at] Vikstal I'm sick of people saying "Its all in your head" No. I saw it. Thanks anyway.
10. [at] Desir3 Thanks for the feedback. That's pretty scary and I do pray and stuff and thank you.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
ah miracles... Honestly I don't know if I coined "translutionaries" in my stories. I have a bunch of misc unsubmitted stories I'm working on compiling 😆 ❤
jordanlynne (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
3. [at] Javelina Now don't analyze everything so much! Lol. Bottom line, I bought it cheap at a garage sale thing. Also, Bryanna's dad took it somewhere I guess I never asked what he did with it. No I didn't do any dancing or any witchcraft stuff hahaha.
4. Alright everyone I just read it over and I did mean 80s not 50s!
5. [at] rookdygin ^^ alright... When we played in the attic, we asked whatever it was to tap my friend on the back and it did. I asked it to pull her hair jokingly and it did lightly. Anytime I asked it to do the same, it wouldn't. No clue why. I don't know how else to clarify. Secondly, I don't know what you want me to say about the phrase "Playing with the board". It is a game... They sell it at Toys 'R Us. Its under "board games" I would agree with you though it shouldn't be considered a game... And not sold at a toy store. Third, her mom was not in the room with us, or even on the same floor. She did not see or hear anything that happened until she heard me scream and came upstairs. I would not write this on here, wasting my time, if it was fiction.
6. I wrote this on here seeking opinion and help. I am sick of adults telling me I'm kidding or Bryanna was kidding. I wouldn't still be traumatized if it was all a joke. Yeah I'm a stupid teenager but I know what happened and this is it. *Not meaning any disrespect*
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-25)
hey girl. Thank you for the response.

I think you should try to meditate. While you do so imagine a bright white light surrounding you, your house, your family and friends. This is a protective light. As you imagine this in your mind you will tell the bad energy to leave. You can say whatever you like but I would use this "I ask the brightest pure light to protect me and my family and my home. Only the purest of white light and the lightest of energy is allowed to be in my presence. Any being that wishes to do me harm and is not of the light must leave and never return."

I will say that over and over until I feel "better" I actually don't mind the lower level entities as much as long as they behave. It took a long time to get used to that energy though.

While you meditate imagine the white light surrounding you. Inhale and imagine it filling your lungs. As you exhale imagine blowing out the "black" energy and see it disappear never to return.

This may take you a couple trys and it could be some time before this entity let's go of the attachment.

Also when you feel it aronud you. Tell it to F-off and that it is not welcome, only the purest of light is allowed and it must leave.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: