You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandma

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandma

 

This is short, and this stuff hasn't happened to me, but my mom. She doesn't think anything of it, but my stomach flips whenever I think of it. It doesn't help that I'm home alone right now, either. Yipee. I've lived here all my life (12 years), in this (hopefully) normal house. About four or five years ago my dad's mom moved in with us, very sick. We made a bedroom out of the front room and that is where she passed away. Her ashes are still in that room.

All her life she was a prankster. After her death, it started out with little things. The first was moving the toothpaste. The slamming doors, pushing my dog into the pool. She disliked this dumb, but sweet dog. Then for about a year and a half, she stopped. But now, she's started again. I have no clue what has triggered this but I really want to talk to her. If you have any advice for this please comment.

Now scarier thing have been happening. About two months ago, one night at about 3:00 am, my mother awoke to the sound of the shower going on full blast. She checked on us kids to see if we were in the shower, but we were all sound asleep. Then she opened the door, the shower still on full blast. But when she looked in, the shower nozzle was just dripping. My mom has a brave soul.

Then last night, my mom woke up at about 2 am, the sound of fake wooooowooooowooo, the fake kind like from old horror movies, from my brother's room. My brother was just at a party that night and it didn't seem like me. Then she opened the door and no one was there.

Please comment. I'm so freaked out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, torig1230, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

torig1230 (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
this isn't Torig1230, but her brother, Jon this question is for Abby, as she said the second haunting was from another ghost and she could be right you see our family still has about half of our grandfathers ashes, and our family is the first one to live in the house so... 😉
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Tori,
It's a great thing you didn't decide to stick with the Ouija board right away. DO NOT use Ouija boards. If you go to the category of stories relating Ouija boards on this site, you will see that the ending is trouble. It would be better if you and your mom seek help from people who truly know how to handle all of this, if you try to hold a sitting or seance by yourself, unwanted entities may enter our world and disturb you in many ways. Always keep in mind that we should never try stuff we don't know how to deal with.
Best of luck for you 😊
torig1230 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
Thank you, guys. I forgot to add some things in my story. Both my mom and I have had experiences where everybody, including all animals, would be downstairs but a loud thump would come from upstairs, like someone jumping off a bed.

Also, I really don't know wether to use a ouija board or not. The experiences we had have not been that extravagent, and nothing has told us that it is from my grandma. So I'm afraid that nothing will work and I won't have any contact with anything. Is there a safer and better alternative to ouija boards? Thanks! 😉
torig1230 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-27)
thanks! She wanted to be spread on her father's grave in jersey city. We need to do it soon.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Dear torig1230,

I am sorry for the loss of your grandmother. There are many cultures where the loved one's ashes are kept in the homes, and nothing does occur. Some have shrine temples to the dead where such ashes in their assigned containers reside.

The first haunting or poltergeist activity could have been from your grandmother just letting you know she was still around. This second one, could be another ghost other than your grandmother. You and your family may also be adding to the mix with your own emotions and whatever is going on within your home at present. You and your mother might want to firmly ask and demand that who ever it is stop doing these things as they are not wanted, and if they wish to make their presence known to do it in nicer and quieter way or plainly just get the message across and move on. One might want to ask the spirit or ghost what they want, but one must also be protected and it is helpful to be experienced. Call in a person of more experience if a solution is not found or a question goes without answer. Use common sense. --Abby
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Well torig1230, Is there somewhere she enjoyed to be? Maybe you should scatter her ashes there. It's too bad she wasn't happy with your grandfather, it happens, especially in the 'old ways' of doing things. You could really set her free by scattering her ashes some where she really loved. You loved your grandma so think of what she really would have loved and scatter her ashes there.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
Unless you know what all precautions and protections must be taken, do not do a seance or use the ouija board to try and contact the other side. You may get lucky and contact who you wished to speak to, or you may get something that you'll regret. Remember to a spirit/entity you are nothing but an open book, you ask a question and they read your mind for the answer. My advise is to seek the assistance of a respected medium.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
Hoold a seance or sitting. Or just go to where she mostly gone at your house and say that you love her and stuff like that.It's simple.
torig1230 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
thanks for all the comments, guys! My grandfather said he wanted to be put in the ocean, so they put his ashes there. As for her wanting to be with him, she really didn't love him that much. She was always really upset throughout her life, but my mom said that she seemed to enjoy that she was in worse condition than everybody else.

Yes, we do need to set here free. Maybe that's her problem. Because sometimes she does open the door from that room. Maybe that's a sign that she wants to get out. I really want to contact her, though. So if any of you guys have any suggestions on how to contact, please comment.

Thanks! 😁
JPing (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
Scatter the ashes, I'd say that was the obvious message.

Come to think of it I keep a small box of my grandmother's ashes in my room. I'm not sure why but I sort of like them there. It's particularly odd because I never much liked her in person.
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-25)
I agree with Bellissima, just talk to her as if she was in the room, I do it all the time with my Dad. He doesn't haunt my house or anything, it's just nice to think that he can hear. Don't be scared, if it is your Grandma then she won't do anything to hurt or scare you (well, no more than she already has!) Has anything else happened to your Mum that she hasn't told you about? Maybe you should ask her, it might help you to figure out why your Grandma is still here. Hope everything works out for you. Good Luck. Lian
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Your grandma is a prankster alright... The thought of having her ashes in her room may be isolating her... She may be telling her to put out of the house because she either wants to be with her husband or she really hates the dog... Whatever it is she seems isolated and is pranking you to tell you see wants out.

May she R.I.P soon...

Ceary
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
I believe your grandma is just pulling pranks and tricks on you guys for fun!She's saying that "she's still around, but get rid of that dumb dog!"GAH!Not again! I hate it when the souls get into my head like that! Anyways do what Bellissima said. As well take pics and see what comes up.
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Hi Toriq1230, maybe you should just say something like 'Hi Gramma, we've been missing you' and ask her if something is wrong. Maybe she's just trying to let you know she's still around. Do you think she'd like her ashes scattered somewhere meaningful to her or near your grandpa? Just a thought. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: