You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Camping Next To A Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Camping Next To A Cemetery

 

I was still living in Singapore when it happened. I was in grade 6 I think, not so sure. But one day it was decided that my class and two other classes were going on a camping trip, 3 days and 2 nights. It turned out that the place where we were camping at was right next to a cemetery. I don't really remember the name of the place though. There were two long houses made of wood, one for the girls and one for the boys. Inside it were two rows of double bunk beds on each side all the way to the other end.

On the first day we did a lot of activities and etc. When night time came all the girls and guys went inside to get ready for bed. These two houses had two huge double doors, really tall. So everyone was pretty tired and soon drifted off to sleep. I slept on top of the bunk bed. By the way at this age I was such a scaredy cat.

Back to story, I suddenly woke up and I don't really know why exactly, it was around 2am. I could hear someone making this panic noise (like someone was scared making these tiny scream noises) on the other side in front (the other row of bunk beds). So I got up and crawled to the end of my bed to check out what it was. It was dark but I could still see in the dark. My heart was beating faster and faster at this point.

I looked around to see where the noise was, and there it was, a girl from the other class was at the bottom of the bunk bed, she was panicking so much and tried to wake her friend sleeping next to her. Her bed was right next to the huge doors. And so I was wondering what she was scared of until I looked what was right next to her. It was this woman with long white hair, white dirty skin, white dress, and she had an eye on her forehead. The woman was staring at the girl and pointing at her with her long nails. Her nails seemed so rotten.

I just froze, I got so scared and my heart was beating so fast that I thought I was going to get a heart attack. I didn't dare to move cause everytime I move the bed makes noises, the bunk beds are pretty old. I was afraid that the woman would turn to me if she heard the noise. So I silently watched as the woman reached her finger closer to the girl. Her friend wouldn't wake up so she quickly jumped over to her friends' side of the bed and hid under her blanket. The woman was still there though, but I also wanted to hide under my blanket and so I did as fast and quietly as I could. I didn't even breathe, I was dead quiet. But eventually I drifted off to sleep. Nothing happened after that.

On the second night scary things were happening again. It was around 9pm when we had a tiny concert in an outside hall. Then soon it got to 10 pm, my friends and I needed to tinkle so we went to the outside toilets that were far away on the other side near the cemetery. There were three of us. We went into the female's bathroom and it was pitch black in there. There were three bathroom stalls. The lights did not work, and we got creeped out, especially me. We really needed to pee so one was holding the door open so that light could get in, one to go pee and one to just stand there which was me and wait for my friend to finish peeing. So then when she finished, my other friend went and did her business and I had to hold the door. And it was finally my turn to pee. Gosh, I was so relieved that it was finally my turn.

And while I was peeing, my friends that were holding the door open yelled my name to hurry and finish up cause they saw this ghost with long black hair on the ceiling where the last stall was. They told me something was there and then I panicked and pulled my pants up and opened the the toilet stall door. And by the time my friends saw me coming out, they just ran off. I didn't even dare to look at what was at the ceiling. The door almost closed on me and I quickly opened it as fast as I could and ran like hell. I caught up to my friends that were still running. Like how could they just run and leave me?! Gosh.

While we were running, we heard loud running footsteps behind us which seemed like it was coming faster and faster after us. We did not want to look back, just kept on running. All of us screamed like hell and kept on running and running. I panicked so much. I didn't know what to do other than running. The footsteps were still there and by the time we finally reached the hall where everyone was, we turned around and found nothing, the footsteps were also gone. It was so loud though. Our hearts were beating like there was no tomorrow.

It was then 12am and everyone went to get ready for bed. This time I was sleeping on the bottom of the bunk bed. Everyone went off to sleep and so did I. The bunkbeds on my side were where the windows are right behind us. The windows aren't like the normal windows. I don't know how to describe them but, it is really easy to hear from outside. So then once again I suddenly woke up. This time it was nearly 4am. I then started to think of what happened and got so scared. I could hear something from behind which was outside of the window. I didn't really know what it was until it got louder and louder, yes the footsteps again. This time it sounded like someone walking really slow. It was even creepier than the previous one.

I tried waking my friend by shaking her really hard who was sleeping next to me but she too wouldn't wake up. I still heard the footsteps and my heart was beating really fast. I quickly climbed up to my other friend and hid under her blanket. She was still sleeping though, she thought I was a pillow so she put her leg and her hand over me. I felt safer. (lol) And so I fell asleep.

It was 8am when I and everyone else woke up. We packed and left. I will never return to that place every again.

Thats what we get from camping next to a cemetery right?

Other hauntings by Desir3

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Desir3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EveryHour (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
Oh my gosh, that is so scary! I had a similar experience to what you just described when I was 11, so that story really gave me chills! Thanks for sharing!
Desir3 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-17)
kasturi, I'm not so sure myself haha, nobody told the teachers cause they knew that the teachers wouldn't believe in it. The boys also expierenced lots of stuff not just the girls.
''but by the way how come you and your friends were allowed to camp near a graveyard...'' The camping place had a lot of activities and big fields, for school trips soo.

Zyke17, I have no idea what the reason is haha.

Sorry for the late reply guys! ❤
zyke17 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
wow...what a great creepy story...:D I think It's cause you guys are disturbing the souls there...:D and they are very mad...
kasturi (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
i love your story... And the best part is that after reading your article I wasn't able to sleep alone...honestly, because I had an encounter with a similar kind of ghost... To this day after 4 months whenever I am home alone I have to call up somebody at my place or I read the bible million times and distract myself with television even during day light cause its so scary... I am a girl so I literally cry... But by the way how come you and your friends were allowed to camp near a graveyard... Just asking 😁 ❤
Desir3 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
sorry for the late reply.;o

Minty, I think it looks like the grudge or something similar, I didn't look at it so I'm not so sure...

Butthead, yeah I think so too! 😜

Myster, haha glad you like it 😁
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-15)
Creepy story...
It was also a bit funny in certain part of the story...
Thnks for sharing... ❤ 😊
butthead (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
yea I can understand that. As you were all together. I just kind of expect at least one rouge girl to insist she aint staying another second lol.

I suppose also though, that if its true (I believe) they work on energy and also fright. There would of been a lot of that about for them to feed off. Hence such blatent activity, I would assume.
Mintyleaf (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
How did the lady with the black hair look like? If your friends described it. Anyways great story I really liked it!:)
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
holy cow! What kind of sadist organizes a school camping trip next to a cemetary!? Jeez!

Thanks for sharing this with us!
Desir3 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Music, omg yhh

Butthead, I think it's because no one thought of leaving even though we were scared to death... Haha wow.

Eme, yeah I guess so too

Joshua, yeah such bad timing...
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Very disturbing experience, Good that you have decided not to go to that place again, AS told by Emehelper, Grave yard is the peaceful area. I guess you were there at wrong time.

Thanks for sharing

Josh
Provocativity (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
This story was definitely disturbing. I've visited many cemetaries before and nothing like this has ever happened.

-Ava ❤
emehelper12 (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
I live next to a Cemetry, but I don't normally get any disturbances. I guess you just went at a wrong time.
butthead (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
sounds terrible, and thanks for sharing. Was a good and scary read.
Very scary, and that's why I have to ask something. Why after the first night did the girls who saw this white female decayed thing pointing at them next to their bed, then proceed to spend another night sleeping there and not leave during the next day?
I could'nt imagine staying there the following night if that was me shaking my friend with that woman standing beside me pointing. Lol.

And if you were all brave enough to fall asleep and went through with spending the 2nd night there, I don't understand how then during the next night after many of you saw the things on the ceiling of the area, and then have it seemingly chase you and walk around your area, you was all able to fall asleep and wake up for the next day.
I've seen a lot of things, but I wouldn't want to stay in that place another night if that happened where I was sleeping.
Brave girls to last that that out if so.
I'm just curious, because it does sound seriously scary, not to mention being beside a graveyard, i'm amazed nobody left the following day;p

❤ ❤
MusicInMyEars (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
Oh my goodness, that's terrible! I'd be scared to death too, if I were you, haha.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: