You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Little Girl Who Fell

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl Who Fell

 

I live in a small rural town called Jackson, located in southeast Ky. I attended a small independent school called Jackson City School. I played basketball there from 5th grade to senior year, but attended there from first grade through graduation of senior year. So I was there a lot of the time for practices, dances and other events. On several occasions strange things would happen in the school building. Especially the high school building. Our girls bathroom was located in the basement and was always kind of cold. I always hated using the bathroom alone because it felt like someone was watching me all the time. Once I was in the last stall using the bathroom and I was alone, and next thing I knew the toilet in the next stall flushed all by itself. I looked under the stall and couldn't see anything. I would have heard someone come in and go in there anyways. I hurried and got out of there.

Another time I was in the bathroom alone and heard a little girl humming a song. I didn't recognize it but I knew no one was down there with me so I hurried once again and got out of there. Another time our water fountain was broken downstairs and we were having basketball practice and I needed a drink. Coach told me to run upstairs and use the one on the second floor. When I approached second floor there were no lights on. I didn't know were the switch was but I knew the water fountain was just inside the door, so I stepped in real quick, feeling a little uneasy, once again like I was being watched. As I was drinking I began to hear a little girl singing ring around the rosie. I took off as fast as I could and ran down the steps.

When I got in the gym my coach commented that I looked like I had just seen a ghost. I told him what happened and about the times in the bathroom that I got scared and he told me about a little girl. He said that there was a 6 year old girl who had fallen down the steps in the old grade school building. The building has burned in the 60's. The little girl died in the 50's. He told me that somehow she had managed to fall down the steps so badly that it killed her. I think that she had to have been pushed for that to have happened but that is just my opinion.

Ever since the new building was built to replace the one that burned, several people have heard her sing and run and play but have never seen her. They assume it is her. The voice I heard was definitely someone little, and a girl. Over the years the stories continue and I have dreams of the school and the feeling I had while there. The odd thing is many years later in life I moved into a house right next to her grave. It was literally only 15 feet from her tombstone. I never had any peace while I was there. I have always attracted spirits and it was unbelievable how much activity was there. Of course it was a graveyard that my own father and grandmother and other family members were buried in as well.

At night my son would complain that someone was tapping on his window. It was the window overlooking the little girls grave. He said it did it every night, so one night I decided to sleep with him, he was about 11 at the time. Sure enough at about 2am I hear a knocking on the window. It wasn't lightly but real rough. It had just snowed a big snow that night and no one had walked around the house yet, so we went out to see if we could see footprints. There was nothing there.

Other things would happen like dvd's and video's would be strung about like someone was messing with them and sometimes my seasonings in the kitchen would go missing. We would turn off all the lights and go some where and come home to them all being on again. Then once a friend came from Michigan to visit and went down into the basement to take a shower and something moved her clothing around and put her headset radio on top of her clothes pile and actually opened the shower curtain on her while she was showering.

When we would come home, we could see the shadow of someone standing in the window looking at us. Then it would be gone before we could get out of the car. I don't know for sure if it was her. How could she be at the school and at that house? Nevertheless, her grave was there, right outside the window. I know something was there in the house. At one time my kid's grandfather lived there and the family actually had his wake there in the the living room of the house. I don't know if it was the girl who fell and died at school playing pranks or if it was the grandfather, but somehow I feel they were tied together. Maybe it was both of them.

Other hauntings by southerntk

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, southerntk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
sds, no I don't live in the house anymore... Only stayed there about six months. I do think that we attract spirits and my son and daughter have both seen spirits too. I live out in the country and the house I live in now is even more haunted than that one. See my story on here called, Last house in the hollow, you will see what I mean. Yeah, no one every stays long in that house by the graveyard. I also saw a woman in the house to, looking out the kitchen window and in the back yard. I don't have a clue who she was. It's really no telling with it being so close to the graveyard. People in our area had wakes in the houses of the families all the time. We actually had one last year in a local home. A fourteen year old was hit by a car and the parents had the wake in the house. I think that it affects the atmosphere of the home. If you loved that person though I am sure it is a comfort. Sorry I can't add more to the story. Read my other story though and see what I am going through now.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
southerntk, nice narration and thanks for sharing. But my question is do you still live in the house? If you do, are the encounters still persist? Secondly, I feel that you and your son are probably sensitive to paranormal entities, ghosts or spirits. To answer you, there is nothing uncommon for the spirit to be present in your house and in the school. I feel whether the little girl wants to communicate something to you or seeks some help so that she could be led to light. Do you still experience her presence. If so, why don't you try to communicate with her and lead her to light. But I feel that she doesn't mean any harm.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
I don't think this kind of stuff really bothers most people. They go through life and never have any of these experiences and some people are just so closed to the idea that the paranormal exist, that they will ignore some obvious behavior. I can tell you that staying away from ouija boards, tarot cards, fortune tellers and any occult type organizations, can help decrease your chance of encountering the supernatural. I have used the ouija board as a young teenager and also tried reading fortunes, and had success actually, but I know these things fed my already thriving spiritual aura. They can be gateways to bad spirits. You should be fine since you haven't had any experiences yet. My encounters with the spirits started at the age of four years old. Also if you are a religious person, such as a christian, as I am, you can always pray daily for protection from evil spirits. Keeping your mind clean as possible of evil type material will help. I don't really worry about anything except evil entities and I always pray for protection from them. Don't ever really worry yourself about this kind of thing. Just don't go looking for it. There is plenty out there if you go looking. Many people have a gift of prophecy and visions and those are not evil. Just beware, if your spirit feels troubled around someone or somewhere, just leave. People who use ouija boards are going to most likely encounter a evil spirit, the portal there is too wide and too much evil can use it. Hope this helps and gives you some assurance. This is just my opinion.
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
I would like to add that many people have gifts that are referred to as psychic gifts. I believe these are good gifts to be used to help people. Don't confuse my comments before with these gifts. Their are people though who are looking for answers from evil entities. You will know these people if you listen to your own instincts and your own spirit. This is my opinion only based on years of dealing with different types of people with different talents and gifts. I too sometimes will feel certain things around certain people. I will be shown things about this person I shouldn't know. It may be a gift. I think so. Since you have never seen anything before now, you are probably not sensitive to the spirits. If something does communicate with you just stay calm and usually it will be over soon.
nothingeverhappenedtome (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
i personaally have never had expiriences with the paranormal, but my dad and my grandmother and a lot of my family have. My grandma used to not be a cristan, and she was a medium. That should say alot. I am young and I'm afraid. I don't want that stuff to happen to me. Help please how do I avoid this? 😭
southerntk (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
The home has been a rental house for many years. I know no one stays there very long, but the owner is very strict and dosen't allow pets. She cuts the grass and thinks she has a gold mine there. So I don't know if it is her attitude turning people off or the house's noises and weird episodes. I also used to see this white german shepherd up there on the graveyard. It was always dirty and had what looked like blood all over it's side. My kids saw it too. Very odd. It would never come close to us. Right while I was living there, my cousin hung himself and was buried next to the house too. All this stuff was happening before that though.
Cloudaotic (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
Thanks for sharing these experiences of ghosts! 😁 Ghosts seem to be attracted to you, which can be both intruiging but scary sometimes. A common reason for ghosts to be "haunting" is having a traumatic death, and I believe that's why the young girl stayed around because of her passing away. Ghosts sense that you are sensitive to them, and get into the habit of "following" you around. I'm just wondering, did the previous owners of the house experience similar situations, where the spirit would tap on the window or discs would be messed around? If so, this little ghost doesn't seem very shy! 😆 Maybe she just wants some company, I'm sure she doesn't want to do anything harmful.
Inform us with any new details! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: